Irvin, Family and Vera Attacked by 2 Gunman

"If they wanted my stuff they'd case the place and make a fucking move during the day when every house on the block is empty. If they break in during the middle of the night, NOTHING good will happen, and there's no reason for them to let you go once they take all of your shit... "

very good point. Thankfully everyone is safe! 

Kidjustice-Where do you work?

hugojkd I'm in the Denver area. I'd love to talk to your friend.

sbjjstreetcop I'm with DHS/ ICE.

Is the Washington Post going to do a story as well?

Cool, small town police chief here,in the heat of the night stuff, Central Alabama.

Mr_Lombardo - dumbest shit ever

his wife could of got murdered

while he was playing hero

give the man the money and

dont be a fuckin douche roller

Yeah let them rob you and when they tell you to watch while they fuck your wife say ok...Let the criminals have free reign. /sarcasm

It's a different situation if you are working at a gas station and someone tries to rob it, that's not YOUR money.

Someone comes in your house with a gun you have every right to do whatever it takes to defend yourself, and anyone that wouldn't stand up and try to defend their family is a "douche roller" as you put it, or a flat out pussy.

KidJustice

From your professional experience what do you think about my statement of owning a good barky dog as a deterrent?

Simple answer is Dog,gun,secure premisis,alarm system,well planned saferoom,emergency plan and awareness.

Lloyd Irvin got lucky. That could have ended up very bad. Remember what happened to Alex Gong. RIP

sbjjstreetcop I live with a 65 pound female Rotty that has a great bark and I'm looking at a 75 pound young Dobbie that is as strong as hell. I think dogs are a good part of the home security foundation.

I have an alarm system, Camera system with motion detection, motion lights the barking scary dog and me : )

Hit me up on my personal e-mail  johnfabb@hotmail.com  and I will send you my Government e-mail as long as you have a County, State, e-mail I can verify. We can share LE info/

Read this article and it may change your mind. This article makes me want to fight till the end....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/24/nyregion/24slay.html

I just did a google search for "Killed in Home invasion" and counted over twenty different killings in the first few pages.

Also found one were a 64 year old father killed a sex offender home invader who came into the home naked except for a mask and latex gloves and tried to rape his 17 year old daughter. He choked the guy to death while his wife called the Police. Good for the Dad!

To the people talking crap...

If Lloyd would have gotten tied up and had to watch two guys rape his wife in front of his kid, you guys would have said, "What a douche, he should have used his martial arts skills to try to disarm the attackers rather than watch his wife get raped in front of his kid..."

And you would have been right!

Home invasions are not just about money - they are power tripping. And with that power trip comes rape and murder. Look it up, a LOT of home invasions involve rape and murder.

I guess it comes to your standards and priorities... some men would perform fellatio to stay alive or watch their wife get raped to stay alive... and at the end feel like they did the right thing because they are at least alive...

Me, personally, I would rather die than watch anyone rape anybody in my family. So yes, if somebody guides my wife and I into my bedroom and I get the smallest itch that this person may be after more than just my money, I am going to jump on this cat at the first opportunity that presents itself.

--COACH MARCOS AVELLAN

gunmen are idiots for not researching their marks. damned fooools!!!!!!!!!

JKennedy - 
pharochuck - since there was no guarantee that the guys would not shoot anyway, what he did makes sense. too many stories of robbers killing people who are cooperating to predict that 'just give them what they want and they will go away'

Please read the whole thread before commenting.

1.) Read more facts and watch fewer movies. The number of Home Invasions that end in rape/murder are a small percentage. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but the odds are in your favor (the FBI publishes these stats yearly).

2.) I have already said it was good they got out without injury and I'm not going to pass judgement on Lloyd's actions beyond stating it is good he was unhurt.

3.) Fighting back is 9 times out of 10 the best option. Most people who commit these crimes are cowards hiding behind guns. A stiff defense usually scares them away.

4.) I'll take news from Mr. Lloyd "ask me how to get your BJJ black belt in Three years" Irvin with a grain of salt thanks very much.

mtg

i don't know about fbi stats, but here in the bay area where i live, scum will kill you and rape/molest your family during home invasions. and with all due respect you can try and clean it up now but you basically were being funny about an unfunny situation

Where are all the people who swore up and down that gun dis-arms are impossible?

Many home invasions end up involving assualt, rape and/or murder. Irvin probably knew this and acted as such.

SAMBO does include some good weapons dis-arms.

Mr_Lombardo - i have industrial steel doors

with security locks

all my windows are bullet proof

security cameras, and motion sensors

on top of that

i keep a m-16, 357 magnum and a mac 11 on me at all times

come in if you want bro

We all know basements are secure, but what if you are up in the parents kitchen, rather than the basement when the invasion happens?

kidjustice-you have mail.

I think if more people fought then less thugs would be so willing to try this kind of thing. I have personal knowledge of two home envasion attempts that left the attackers dead at the hands of thier intended victims.

ThePainFactory - 99 percent of the auto in circulation WILL fire with the clip removed... That is FACT!!

Article about Glocks that mentions their ability to fire with the click out. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/729088/posts Glocks are kinda popular these days.

Browning (and browning knock offs) make some guns that will not fire if the clip is removed but these guns are not that popular..

Colt pat 1911 is a very popular and reproduced gun. I have seen one that would not shoot with the clip out. The most sold hand gun ever it the Ruger Mark series, I have never seen one of those that would not shoot with the clip out..

Bro.. respect but you are just wrong... Some guns are made that will not shoot with the clip out but they are few and I certainly don't believe he took the time to investigate whether or not it would fire with out the clip..

Peace... Im going to go shoot the he!! out of something.
Calm down, dude.  I suggested one possible reason that he might have ejected the magazine.  It might also have been accidental.  Or it might have just been to make sure the guy only had one round if he got a shot rather than a full magazine.

Anyhow, many semi-autos do have a magazine disconnect safety -  some but not all: Smith & Wessons, Browning HPs & clones,  Rugers, Walthers, and even Bersas.  Also, some LE agencies use semi-autos with magazine disconnects and I think all handguns sold in California and Massachusetts after a certain date have to have them.   As you note, the Ruger Mark series is very popular - the current production mode, the Mark III, has a magazine disconnect safety.  http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger_MarkIII-Hunter.htm

So perhaps not most semi-autos, but certainly many, and I put a question mark after most to indicate my lack of knowledge about the percentage.