Throwin'Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -
Throwin'Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -
Throwin'Knuckles -
DonFrye_Fan -
KnockoutThoughts -
Chris -

The past history is a problem, 100%. However, when it comes down to Saturday, Khabib receives the blame. Once he jumped out of the cage to attack Danis, everything after that fact was reactionary, not expresssly deliberate. 

Conor did throw the first punch technically at the man on the fence, but the situation was out of control at that point and that was only Khabib’s fault. At that point, Conor reacted to a situation where he and his friends were in danger.

When Conor jumped out of the cage and came straight at Aldo, same shit could have happened. Saturday was a direct consequence of not nipping the problem when your golden egg did it. Had they put rules in place against it at that time, it would have been clear cut consequences against that action. Instead they glamorized it by using it as promotional material and conditioning fighters to think it was ok. Khabib jumping out wasn’t the problem. He very likely would not even have hit Dillon, and it was Dillon who swung the first blow at Khabib. Aldo could have easily have had the same response to Conor’s antics when he did it. The only difference between what Conor did to Aldo and what Khabib did to Dillon is that Dillon decided to swing before seeing what Khabib was going to do.. 

What a dumbass post.

How convenient that you want to penalize Conor for what "could have happened" when he jumped out of the cage and got in Aldo's, but you want to assume what wouldn't "very likely" have happened if Khabib could have made it to Dillon. You have zero fucking clue what Khabib would have done. Zero.

And on top of that, Dillon doesn't need to stand around and "wait" to see what Khabib was going to do. Not sure what world you live in.

Simply idiotic

He just got done telling me Al had better hands then Dustin, Eddie, Aldo and Max. Somebody get this guy a helmet.

Reaching for the sake of reaching.. reeks of desperation. You're better than this.. 

Come on I’m not reaching you said that verbatim. No hard feelings.

No verbatim I broke it down into context. I explained my reasoning for each fighter and explained that with Max it was based on the exact time point when he fought him. Max was still green at that time, so yea I think current Al has better hands than Max had at that time. You ain't gotta lie to kick it bro..

Bro come on don’t lose stripes with me. Like I already replied to you in the other thread and I told you. Yes you said that verbatim. Hi see that you keep editing your posts. That’s cool to like I said in the other thread I get it here passionate fans on my that’s why I like this place I fucking love this place. You keep saying all the shit you said in the other thread that Ally had better hands than all those guys I mentioned that Connor ran through. It’s cool bro I get it you’ve been trash in Conover two days just like nonstop. I have no ill will toward you let’s just be friends.

Idk wtf you just said.. but yea we can be friends. We can disagree and still be friends. The edits I make are to fix grammatical errors, not add or delete to my message. Stop spinning shit, it’s kind of pathetic bro. I’m being pretty damn clear with what I said, I even elaborated on it in the other thread before you came in here looking for attention with half the truth. That’s called reaching. When I say shit, I don’t shy away from it.. Al has pretty good hands and he’d KO McGregor imo. I feel his hands and his boxing IQ is better than most the guys you mentioned at the time they fought him. Plus he’s shown a better chin than Alvarez and 145lb Porier.. McGregor is overrated hype. A good left hand that served as a successful gimmick against smaller men. Now he’s not finding the same success. He’d get fucked up by nearly every single 155lb on the roster. This division won’t be kind to him..

Conor has 18 KOs. These are not Over guys like Sanchez of Lauzon. (No disrespect saw them fight each other at 200!) 

Lol Conor is FAR from overated. Which as a Khabib fan should make you PROUD! Not the other way! Conor earned everything. Khabib did his thing Saturday.. But you can’t count him out. He came back and became the victor in his last defeat. both times he thought Nate Diaz win or lose he shook his hand he gives him a hug in the cage. 

He got a gracious decision against Nate Diaz that could have gone either way. Judges no doubt were influenced by the prospect of a trilogy, because that would generate big money. Nate got the finish. Conor edged it out on a judge’s scorecard in a fight that saw him tuck tail and run for his life.. that was a cowardly display from what ppl want to label a Champion. I can’t remember ANY of my favorite fighters that have done that..

How many KO’s does he have since stepping out of the midget division? Used to be every fight, now he can’t buy a KO. 

Throwin'Knuckles - 
nuff lurking2 -
logic672 - 

You would have to go through serious amounts of mental gymnastics to not agree 100 percent with this. 

THIS!

I would love khabib to fight this in court and go after everyone for discrimination!

Haha lame..

Lame? my point is two wrongs dont make it right! dont slap khabibs hand if they didnt conors! You cant all of a sudden take the high road and say "That was disgusting". You can say "Okay from here on out we are going to be stricter. No bull shit!"  and actually back your shit up! slap someone during weigh ins? FINE! Bring glass into a press conference?FINE! Attack a bus and injure people? FINE/ get arrested! See where I am going with this?

If dana them scripted the shit? you know conor jumping out of the cage, conor attacking the bus ect. they should of told khabib what was going on and try to act and sell tix! but instead dana didnt do shit! and by doing that! In my opinion he showed khabib no respect even to the point of ridiculing him.

If you are in power and see shit done and dont do anything about it? you are wrong too! 

problem is ... ticket sales. UFC/Dana only knows how to sell wolf tix

If all you can say is "lame"  why even reply? 

Effstrikingmeansdamage - 
nuff lurking2 -
logic672 - 

You would have to go through serious amounts of mental gymnastics to not agree 100 percent with this. 

THIS!

I would love khabib to fight this in court and go after everyone for discrimination!

That would be like a murderer saying “yeah, but oj did it and didn’t get convicted.” This is an individual incident. What is the article saying? Should Conor and khabib be charged with inciting a riot, or both let off? 

yes ! they both are to be left alone! and pay both! why pay one and not the other?

Throwin'Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -
Throwin'Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -
Throwin'Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -
Throwin'Knuckles -
KnockoutThoughts -
Throwin'Knuckles -
DonFrye_Fan -
KnockoutThoughts -
Chris -

The past history is a problem, 100%. However, when it comes down to Saturday, Khabib receives the blame. Once he jumped out of the cage to attack Danis, everything after that fact was reactionary, not expresssly deliberate. 

Conor did throw the first punch technically at the man on the fence, but the situation was out of control at that point and that was only Khabib’s fault. At that point, Conor reacted to a situation where he and his friends were in danger.

When Conor jumped out of the cage and came straight at Aldo, same shit could have happened. Saturday was a direct consequence of not nipping the problem when your golden egg did it. Had they put rules in place against it at that time, it would have been clear cut consequences against that action. Instead they glamorized it by using it as promotional material and conditioning fighters to think it was ok. Khabib jumping out wasn’t the problem. He very likely would not even have hit Dillon, and it was Dillon who swung the first blow at Khabib. Aldo could have easily have had the same response to Conor’s antics when he did it. The only difference between what Conor did to Aldo and what Khabib did to Dillon is that Dillon decided to swing before seeing what Khabib was going to do.. 

What a dumbass post.

How convenient that you want to penalize Conor for what "could have happened" when he jumped out of the cage and got in Aldo's, but you want to assume what wouldn't "very likely" have happened if Khabib could have made it to Dillon. You have zero fucking clue what Khabib would have done. Zero.

And on top of that, Dillon doesn't need to stand around and "wait" to see what Khabib was going to do. Not sure what world you live in.

Simply idiotic

He just got done telling me Al had better hands then Dustin, Eddie, Aldo and Max. Somebody get this guy a helmet.

Reaching for the sake of reaching.. reeks of desperation. You're better than this.. 

Come on I’m not reaching you said that verbatim. No hard feelings.

No verbatim I broke it down into context. I explained my reasoning for each fighter and explained that with Max it was based on the exact time point when he fought him. Max was still green at that time, so yea I think current Al has better hands than Max had at that time. You ain't gotta lie to kick it bro..

Bro come on don’t lose stripes with me. Like I already replied to you in the other thread and I told you. Yes you said that verbatim. Hi see that you keep editing your posts. That’s cool to like I said in the other thread I get it here passionate fans on my that’s why I like this place I fucking love this place. You keep saying all the shit you said in the other thread that Ally had better hands than all those guys I mentioned that Connor ran through. It’s cool bro I get it you’ve been trash in Conover two days just like nonstop. I have no ill will toward you let’s just be friends.

Idk wtf you just said.. but yea we can be friends. We can disagree and still be friends. The edits I make are to fix grammatical errors, not add or delete to my message. Stop spinning shit, it’s kind of pathetic bro. I’m being pretty damn clear with what I said, I even elaborated on it in the other thread before you came in here looking for attention with half the truth. That’s called reaching. When I say shit, I don’t shy away from it.. Al has pretty good hands and he’d KO McGregor imo. I feel his hands and his boxing IQ is better than most the guys you mentioned at the time they fought him. Plus he’s shown a better chin than Alvarez and 145lb Porier.. McGregor is overrated hype. A good left hand that served as a successful gimmick against smaller men. Now he’s not finding the same success. He’d get fucked up by nearly every single 155lb on the roster. This division won’t be kind to him..

Conor has 18 KOs. These are not Over guys like Sanchez of Lauzon. (No disrespect saw them fight each other at 200!) 

Lol Conor is FAR from overated. Which as a Khabib fan should make you PROUD! Not the other way! Conor earned everything. Khabib did his thing Saturday.. But you can’t count him out. He came back and became the victor in his last defeat. both times he thought Nate Diaz win or lose he shook his hand he gives him a hug in the cage. 

He got a gracious decision against Nate Diaz that could have gone either way. Judges no doubt were influenced by the prospect of a trilogy, because that would generate big money. Nate got the finish. Conor edged it out on a judge’s scorecard in a fight that saw him tuck tail and run for his life.. that was a cowardly display from what ppl want to label a Champion. I can’t remember ANY of my favorite fighters that have done that..

How many KO’s does he have since stepping out of the midget division? Used to be every fight, now he can’t buy a KO. 

I guess his last knockout was he knocked out the 155 pound champion.

You mean the guy who gets rocked in damn near every single fight, and it has become his trademark to get wobbled? You mean the guy who got the belt and had 0 successful title defenses, who was put to fight the other undeserving guy with 0 fights in the division who had a gifted title shot at 155lb?  Conor then went on to stall out the division for 1.5 years..smh That’s the guy who didn’t have a single title defense, not a single fight in the division to get to the title, who had fought another guy without a single title defense to get the belt.. Idk whether to smh or lol. It was always a farce bro.. it’s fake news that he was ever the real champion. He didn’t even climb the division! Do you think he would have EVER made it to the title if he had to EARN IT? I want you to be honest when you answer that.. do you think Conor had any chance to make it to the 155lb belt on his own.. be honest with yourself. 

Throwin'Knuckles - 

Wow you are so cool!

I wish i could post that kind of stuff!

we all have opinions! yours is Lame and use theatrics to make you sound more impresive! Bravo!

I think we live in two diff worlds. mine is the not so manly and yours is the more manly! 

Underground Feed -
I guess now is the time we’re supposed to be scandalized. Now, after the UFC’s golden child has been stopped for the third time in the past two years, we’re supposed to want fair play, class, and justice for crimes committed by those who have humbled him.

That’s what UFC president Dana White has been suggesting in the immediate aftermath of UFC 229’s post-fight riot in Las Vegas’s T-Mobile Arena. Dana White can only imagine how harshly Nevada’s state athletic commission will come down on Khabib Nurmagomedov for jumping the Octagon fence after submitting McGregor and tussling with one of his training partners.

The commission is so far refusing to pay Nurmagomedov, White says, and teammates of his have been arrested, while McGregor’s purse is still being paid, and doesn’t that all sound correct and fitting, and fair?

Oh, and by the way, the Nevada commission completed an in-depth forensic video investigation of the tumult within minutes and in time (whew!) for White’s post-event press conference and White wants us to know that, speaking for the commission purported to regulate him and his promotion, they saw nothing wrong with McGregor’s actions after the bout, never mind the Irishman’s own attempts at scaling the cage fence and punching (first) at least one of Nurmagomedov’s teammates.

Now is the time we all are to solemnly reflect on the sport of MMA being disgraced by raucous extracurricular action. There was no time for that before, of course, as the UFC glamorized and exploited McGregor’s own at times criminal action in order to uncritically create a toxic environment and facilitate a volatile culture.

I can’t say that Nurmagomedov and some of his teammates don’t deserve serious suspensions and fines from Nevada and the UFC. Unfortunately, both regulators and the promotion have positioned themselves in recent months and years in such a way that they’ll be hypocritical and unduly discriminatory if they do so, here with the crew from Dagestan, when they haven’t in so many other similar If not mirror-exact situations with other fighters, specifically Conor McGregor.

Collective and selective amnesia usually suits those in power quite well, while leaving the rest of us in a state of emotional manipulability fueled by pseudo-events and “official” accounts meant to distract from structural flaws. As the sports world is in a tizzy I’m not interested in criticizing Nurmagomedov and his team’s post-fight actions outside of the context of the table the UFC, athletic commissions, and Conor McGregor and his team themselves set long ago.

In rightfully criticizing Nurmagomedov for getting crowds of fans involved in a fracas and calling for his punishment, how could I responsibly forget McGregor hurling hard, dangerous objects into a press conference crowd of fans towards the general direction of teammates of a rival, starting a mini-riot and subsequently getting no serious sanction from the UFC?

In justifiably condemning Nurmagomedov for leaping over the UFC cage and into the crowd to scuffle with Team McGregor, how could I in good conscience forget being in the arena as McGregor did the same thing a few years ago - jumping over the cage after beating Dennis Siver, charging through and leaping on top of innocent fans, ranting and raving to confront Jose Aldo before being caught by security and receiving no punishment from state regulators or the UFC for the offense?

That night’s Boston Garden security did a much better job than Vegas’ this past weekend, and if not for Aldo keeping his cool and letting them do their jobs, the people between McGregor and Aldo (including a least one little girl) very well could have ended up accidentally injured, caught up in a brawl caused by the brash contender.

How could I agree with some of Nurmagomedov’s teammates being arrested and listen to White wonder if any of them will ever get a visa or fight in the U.S. again last Saturday without at least taking time to reflect on McGregor flying to the States recently and assaulting multiple UFC fighters with potentially deadly items on the eve of their fights, forcing several of them to miss their bouts and paydays, endangering the career of at least one of them (Ray Borg), and giving strawweight champion Rose Namajunas what sounds a whole lot like undiagnosed PTSD?

The consequences for McGregor? A criminal plea deal, no apparent extra difficulty securing visas, no suspension or fines from the UFC or state regulators after his criminal conviction, and a gigantic payday after the UFC celebrated his actions by replaying the scene ad-nauseam in their ads for UFC 229.

As recently as Friday at UFC 229 ceremonial weigh-ins, an unprovoked McGregor smacked Nurmagomedov with his hands and then attempted to kick him while being restrained, violating Nevada and UFC conduct rules once more. And no action taken against him by either body as far as has been announced.

This is, of course, all on top of McGregor’s years of bigoted statements on UFC stages against the likes of Nurmagomedov, Nate Diaz, and Jose Aldo, which he was not punished for by state commissions or the UFC. I refuse to criticize Nurmagomedov’s actions outside of that larger context.

I do lament Khabib Nurmagomedov stooping to a low level after his win over McGregor. In doing so it is also important to point out that the level he was stooping to was one long ago set and accepted by McGregor, the UFC, and state regulators like Nevada.

If Nurmagomedov and his team are punished, now, we have to ask why McGregor has not been seriously so for similar and worse actions that same week and before, and whether that is fair.

Larger problems were revealed Saturday night in Las Vegas than what most popular narratives out there right now may have us believe. Yes, Khabib Nurmagomedov was angry and acted angrily and crazed.

Yes, he’s Russian, and Muslim. Yes, Angry, Crazy, Russian, Muslim, are all terms that we’re trained in Western society to be particularly scared of, especially when they’re joined together as is so often and unfairly done.

If you look more closely at the situation, however, structural issues are revealed - A promotion and entire industry exploiting the ugliest types of tensions and violences and fostering an unhealthy culture, a promotion and entire captive industry speaking of and dealing with similar crimes far differently depending on the people who commit them.

Khabib Nurmagomedov looked bad after the final bell Saturday night, but the UFC and the sport’s regulators far more so.

Great article !

Good job OP.

Agree for the most part.

“I can’t say that Nurmagomedov and some of his teammates don’t deserve serious suspensions and fines from Nevada and the UFC.”

Dont know that I agree with “serious”.

We should take into account what the NSAC has done in the past to give some indication.

Assuming that the wiki entry is correct:

On September 14, 2015, UFC Fighter Nick Diaz was suspended for 5 years and fined $165,000. The commission relied on a single positive cannabinoid urinalysis result, out of three tests taken within a few hours of each other. Of the tests, the two returning negative results were the only two conducted by a WADA approved lab. Diaz, a medical marijuana patient, has since received widespread support from the MMA community; fans and fighters alike. The vast majority of reactions have condemned the commission, looking at a number of factors including: the drug-testing process, the ignoring of the evidence by the commission and the overly harsh, arguably personally motivated punishment levied. Nick Diaz and his lawyers plan to appeal the decision via Judicial Review.[3]

In October 2016, UFC fighter Conor McGregor was fined $150,000, five percent of his purse for UFC 202, as well as sentenced to fifty hours of community service, due to his involvement in an incident of bottle-throwing at a pre-fight press conference between him and opponent Nate Diaz and entourage; commissioner Pat Lundvall said that McGregor was “to be taught a lesson” and “humbled as it relates to dealing with the public.”[4] The $150,000 fine is to be divided between an anti-bullying campaign and the state’s general fund; McGregor is also charged with hearing fees. Originally, the attorney general’s office proposed a $25,000 fine; the majority of the commission members, however, felt that that amount would not have any significant impact on McGregor;[5] Lundvall originally suggested a 10 percent fee, matching the sentence of Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier.[4]

The sentence was seen by many as too harsh, and criticisms were directed towards the NSAC for its bias and alleged lack of objectivity, as well as its level of unchecked power.[4][6] McGregor responded by saying he would never fight in Nevada again, and expressing doubts on whether he’ll pay.[7] President of the UFC Dana White also reacted to the harsh sentence; supporting McGregor, White commented that the sentence may be harmful for the state of Nevada, commenting: “Conor McGregor hit me [up] yesterday and said, ‘I don’t ever want to fight in Nevada again. Ever.’ Now how does that make sense for the state of Nevada? You’re gonna try to fine this kid … that much money, it just makes people not wanna come fight in our state. And that’s not a good thing. And guess what? Conor McGregor doesn’t need Nevada, he can fight anywhere. He can fight in Iowa, okay. We can put his fight on an island off a coast of anywhere. It just makes no sense for the state and it’s terrible.”[8]

So Diaz got a 5 year suspension and a $165k fine for getting high…

And McGregor was fined $150k for the bottle throwing but the Egg came to his defense…

All of a sudden I can’t post.. this app is garbage

That Degastani would have been able to fight the original belt holder if that cowardly chump wouldn’t have ducked for 2 years and got stripped.. none of my favorite fighters have done that either.  He ducked, got stripped, got an immediate free shot again and got spanked. At this point Khabib has more title defenses than that clown you support has had in his entire 30 years of life. How long has Khabib been Champ? He is already Conor’s superior. He not only beat the man, but also has already surpassed his accomplishment as champion. He only fought Al as a last minute replacement to Tony pulling out due to a freak injury. Al stepped in on 24hr notice... did you forget that part? Did you forget Al earned his place at #11 and was actively climbing. Not everyone gets gifted the top spot. Had Conor had to climb the division, maybe that #11 would have had the opportunity to whoop his ass and derail the hype. Instead they didn’t risk it and just plugged him into an unearned title shot. Dana pulling the strings behind the scenes has alot to do with Conor’s apparent success. He dominated the midget division, but they coincidently avoided Frankie Edgar.. They let him jump the line past guys at 155lb that had been on crazy streaks in Tony and Khabib. It doesn’t make any sense. Conor made his name beating up smaller men.. most of those names you mentioned are smaller than him. Wish he would go back to 145lb now.. he has Brian Ortega, Renato Moicano, and a more experienced Max Holloway waiting for that ass. No more midgets to beat up..   but with management protecting him like they do, they would never feed him to a Renato Moicano or a Brian Ortega.. fuck no! Too risky.. they’d rather plug him into another free title shot. Must be nice to get multiple opportunities at championships without having to earn them. 

Throwin'Knuckles - 
nuff lurking2 -
Throwin'Knuckles - 

Wow you are so cool!

I wish i could post that kind of stuff!

we all have opinions! yours is Lame and use theatrics to make you sound more impresive! Bravo!

I think we live in two diff worlds. mine is the not so manly and yours is the more manly! 

Yours is definitely NOT manly.. Hey I’m sorry for causing the nuclear bomb gif please don’t sue me bro.

i accept your apology!

FreightTrain - Good job OP.

Agree for the most part.

“I can’t say that Nurmagomedov and some of his teammates don’t deserve serious suspensions and fines from Nevada and the UFC.”

Dont know that I agree with “serious”.

We should take into account what the NSAC has done in the past to give some indication.

Assuming that the wiki entry is correct:

On September 14, 2015, UFC Fighter Nick Diaz was suspended for 5 years and fined $165,000. The commission relied on a single positive cannabinoid urinalysis result, out of three tests taken within a few hours of each other. Of the tests, the two returning negative results were the only two conducted by a WADA approved lab. Diaz, a medical marijuana patient, has since received widespread support from the MMA community; fans and fighters alike. The vast majority of reactions have condemned the commission, looking at a number of factors including: the drug-testing process, the ignoring of the evidence by the commission and the overly harsh, arguably personally motivated punishment levied. Nick Diaz and his lawyers plan to appeal the decision via Judicial Review.[3]

In October 2016, UFC fighter Conor McGregor was fined $150,000, five percent of his purse for UFC 202, as well as sentenced to fifty hours of community service, due to his involvement in an incident of bottle-throwing at a pre-fight press conference between him and opponent Nate Diaz and entourage; commissioner Pat Lundvall said that McGregor was “to be taught a lesson” and “humbled as it relates to dealing with the public.”[4] The $150,000 fine is to be divided between an anti-bullying campaign and the state’s general fund; McGregor is also charged with hearing fees. Originally, the attorney general’s office proposed a $25,000 fine; the majority of the commission members, however, felt that that amount would not have any significant impact on McGregor;[5] Lundvall originally suggested a 10 percent fee, matching the sentence of Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier.[4]

The sentence was seen by many as too harsh, and criticisms were directed towards the NSAC for its bias and alleged lack of objectivity, as well as its level of unchecked power.[4][6] McGregor responded by saying he would never fight in Nevada again, and expressing doubts on whether he’ll pay.[7] President of the UFC Dana White also reacted to the harsh sentence; supporting McGregor, White commented that the sentence may be harmful for the state of Nevada, commenting: “Conor McGregor hit me [up] yesterday and said, ‘I don’t ever want to fight in Nevada again. Ever.’ Now how does that make sense for the state of Nevada? You’re gonna try to fine this kid … that much money, it just makes people not wanna come fight in our state. And that’s not a good thing. And guess what? Conor McGregor doesn’t need Nevada, he can fight anywhere. He can fight in Iowa, okay. We can put his fight on an island off a coast of anywhere. It just makes no sense for the state and it’s terrible.”[8]

Wow that’s actually blackmailing from Dana, incredible

Great post!

Conor McGazelle -

Conor jumping out to get to Aldo isn't close to the same. 

Of all the bad blood feuds, how many ended with the winner of the fight jumping out of the cage to start more fights? Even after Conor fought Nate, they were ok. 

Why does this article act like pre fight shit talk is a new thing? How many people, post fight, win or lose, has Conor talked bad about? He shit talks, they fight and make money, then it's over.

But I do like the article blaming everyone and everything else for Khabib jumping out of the cage like a dummy.

“how many ended with the winner of the fight jumping out of the cage to start more fights”

i dunno, how many started with dollies being thrown at buses and almost blinding innocent fighters?

Dublin_Huntington - 

Surprise to see the op pulling the Muslim victim card. 

The last time there was a ‘brawl’ in the cage Paul Daley got a lifetime ban from the ufc. This was one of the biggest fights ever in the ufc and all the headlines will read is how it is a barbaric sport promoting violence . If there isn’t serious punishment as a result of this it look like defence from the ufc.

Nothing to do with Dagestan or Islam. Sick of this pulling the victim card gtfo 

Yep

logic672 -

One instance was a clear case of assualt. I will let you figure out which one. 

Not a fan of either fighter, or the organization that carried the event. all 3 represented the worst tendencies and stereotypes of combat sports at times, imo. 

for following the teachings of a homicidal, thieving pedophile of course people will shit on khabib. 

Good article, hes right too.