Jay Hieron will KILL St Pierre

Hieron grew a lot since HS I remember him coming in 2nd in HS states @ 96 pounds to lil ole Fischneck from Huntington who now couldnt weigh more than a buck 40.What year was James in NCAAs I dont recall that ?

I definately say that Hieron shocks some Canadians at UFC 48.

sounds like a good matchup

James was at the ncaa's i believe in 98... he lost a close decision to John Lange from Penn state.... very close match.. jay had him down and did not get the two... he's a tough competitor, and one of those guys that is pure sponge with technique.... just so much raw talent....

experience may play a factor.... but anything can happen in a fight..

good luck to both competitors.. i am psyched to watch jay compete again...

Lange was awesome Whats he up to these days.Feugo what HS did u go to ?I went to Huntington .I remember seeing a few articles back in the day about James in Newsday when he was in High School

Combinate does have a point: Hieron's opponents have a 0-6 combined record. St. Pierre on the other hand has faced a 62-29 combined record and all opponents had winning records. Experience is on Georges side for sure.

Winston Wolf.. .what's your email...???

Who did this guy beat..

TTT for Jay and his UFC Debut!

LMAO at anyone thinking Hieron will get rolled over.
I also wrestled with Jay at Hofstra and have seen first hand what an athlete he is. His speed, explosivness, technique, and conditioning make him a formidable opponent for anyone. Plus like Fuego said he's been training in submissions and striking for a little while now. Its going to be a good fight.

P.S. Bino, stop picking up guyz in the forum please. j/k

Hieron in the UFC? Now that makes two Hofstra wrestlers!

You're next Rich! Make it three!

thanks Adam, but i still have a ways to go!

hi brudga..

hey buddy...r u definitely going out to vegas to see the fights???

jay is gonna dump him on his domepiece over and over and over....

yes.. flight is booked, room is booked at the mgm grand...

all set.. .should be fun... you can stay in our room...

"jay is gonna dump him on his domepiece over and over and over...."

Seriously, Jay reminds me a lot of Trigg & Van Arsdale .. but with a much meaner stand up game, and better sub defense than either Mike or Frank have.

I don't think the guys that are picking St Pierre based on experience and record have a clue what Georges is running into here.

i'm calling u.....

Lol at all the amateur fighters saying they have rolled with Hieron and that he will smoke St. Pierre.
Hieron could absolutely be for real but not because he can spank the lot of you.
Unless anyone has rolled with both, their opinons are irrelevant. Even then they would be irrelevant because how a pro performs against an amateur is not at all representative of how they will fight in the major leagues.
Anyone in the pro's should school 99% of this forum.
It means nothing.
We'll see when they fight, but the lack of respect for St. Pierre is a little bizarre. He has beaten a very skilled stand-up fighter and a very skilled ground fighter.
Sounds like he's for real to me.

sub wrestler why do you feel that Jay has better sub defense than Trigg.
I am not breaking your balls, it's an honest question.