Johny Hendricks committing career suicide

Probably should look for an opportunity to make more money somewhere else.....if it exists. Idk bout OneFC or Bellator. He doesn't need to open his mouth bout it.

How bout..... Bellator gets more money bc of Spike deal.

Sign Johnny Hendricks vs. Ben Askren for title

who cares about belts

MoneyMO - It's funny how "Hendricks is committing career suicide," considering this is the type of crap that Nick Diaz pulled to get back into the UFC, and also get this title shot.

Remember about how he said he was going to go box Jeff Lacy if he didn't get paid more/fight GSP while he was Strikeforce champion?

And how about "retiring" after the Condit fight?

Nick Diaz has a name, and a following. Hendrix, despite his success thus far, does not. Nick has weight to throw around outside the cage. The only weight Hendrix has to throw around is inside the cage.

Ip Man 81 -
Seth -

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

Incorrect statement, very very incorrect Phone Post

How so? Phone Post

Why are certain people saying I am wrong for calling them employees? Please explain yourself and how they are not. Simply saying I am wrong with nothing to back it up is foolish. Phone Post

Seth -

When will these fighters realize that they are EMPLOYEES of the UFC and they fight when asked to fight.  I think it's funny that they act like they really have a say in anything.

You do know that fighters are independent contractors and can accept or decline any fight they want to. Phone Post

huggy bear -
Seth -

You do know that fighters are independent contractors and can accept or decline any fight they want to. Phone Post

You do know that they can't work for anyone else, they have to show up to certain non fight events and work. They also have their medical paid for by the UFC. Use whatever legal language you want to, they are essentially employees and if they don't perform they get fired. Phone Post

To clarify I never said they can't decline fights. I meant no say in if they get a title shot next, etc. Phone Post

huggy bear -
Seth -

How do they get insurance from zuffa if they aren't employees? You have to be an employee. I own a company and have sub/independent contractors. I can't put them on my companies insurance because they aren't considered employees.

I'm not able to be put on all the builders insurance that I do jobs on. In fact they made me prove and carry insurance. Phone Post

IIAces -
huggy bear -
Seth -

How do they get insurance from zuffa if they aren't employees? You have to be an employee. I own a company and have sub/independent contractors. I can't put them on my companies insurance because they aren't considered employees.

I'm not able to be put on all the builders insurance that I do jobs on. In fact they made me prove and carry insurance. Phone Post

Thank you. Phone Post

I can accept or decline any job too. Decline a job or two and they will find someone else to give the jobs to instead of me. Either way its a dumb move to make when competition is high in your field of work if your a sub/independent contractor. If the division was weak, you can use this as power play. Otherwise you shoot yourself in the foot. Phone Post

Don't bite the hand partner.. Phone Post

Gfropr - 

If you want a big fan base and the boys money that follows, you have to be put yourself out there. It would be like the Saints saying there not gonna play football the rest of the year cause there's no shot at the playoffs, bad analogy but I kind of got it LOL. Phone Post

Sadly, the Bills would never start a season. :(

Rockcod -
IIAces - 
huggy bear -
Seth -

Because it's not a traditional employer's health insurance policy, and unless your place of business is in the state of Nevada, your experience is largely irrelevant to the conversation anyway.

Show me where independent contractors, in any state, get that benefit. It doesn't happen. It could be a clause in the contract and all, but that's about it.

I get to go to many states for home restoration for disasters. I've have a drywall company in Texas. I have to carry my own insurance for both companies at all times. I have to up my insurance on some jobs. I have never been to Nevada to work but not all fights happen in Nevada either. I have been to all the southern coast states though. My employees have insurance through me. My crews(sub contractors) have to have their own insurance. Phone Post

FOX Force Five -
Gfropr -  If you want a big fan base and the boys money that follows, you have to be put yourself out there. It would be like the Saints saying there not gonna play football the rest of the year cause there's no shot at the playoffs, bad analogy but I kind of got it LOL. Phone Post

Sadly, the Bills would never start a season. :(

lol. That was a good one. Phone Post

Hendricks should just keep training his ground game off his back in case he does get the shot one day. Phone Post

Nonlinear -

He needs to talk more shit and get himself over if he wants a shot, not less.  where would Nick Diaz be without all the shit talk?  Oh, that's right, he'd still be retired.

In a way your right BUT it's a fine line to be on he has to be careful Phone Post

Jill Laz - 
Nonlinear -

He needs to talk more shit and get himself over if he wants a shot, not less.  where would Nick Diaz be without all the shit talk?  Oh, that's right, he'd still be retired.

In a way your right BUT it's a fine line to be on he has to be careful Phone Post

the difference is that with Diaz it's who he is...to the point that it baffles and frustrates Dana...remember, Diaz has been put in the penalty box before too...his history with the UFC runs much deeper, his career much longer, and his fan base more passionate.

Hendricks has demonstrated some skill...but he doesn't have the personality, intrigue, fan base, history, and money making ability right now that Diaz does.

his career's disease killed his career is the proper way of stating this

Dana already stated that Hendricks isn't in a position to demand anything. That's it right there, case closed.

They'll offer him fights, and if he passes on them, he'll lose whatever semblance of a case for a title shot he has.

Hendricks is not a name, he does not have a big following, he does not sell PPVs or tickets in any appreciable quantity. What he DOES have going for him is that he wins fights and does so in a way that makes people happy.

So, the smart move here is to keep putting head out. Eventually his name will grow and the wins will stack up such that they won't be able to deny him.