JToller - I want to see it! Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

CRE - 
InspiritMick - 

Condit

He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights dude

That's a losing record.

js..

Yeah, well, Hendricks and Condit have both won 2 of their last 4.

They're both on a 1 fight win streak.

They're both ranked in the Top-5.

They're both exciting fighters who always look to finish their opponent.

Oh wait...

The second fight could easily have gone to Hendricks.

mixjitsu - 
Dr Doom - I hate Hendricks more than any other fighter, but he won both Lawler fights. And although I scored rd 1 for GSP in their fight edging him the win, obviously a lot of people think Hendricks won that too.

He deserves it most, so you can't be too upset he gets his rematch.
How I feel even tho I thought he lost the gsp fight...even if you don't like Hendricks he's been shafted hard with his title fights

buuuuuuttt I'm glad he lost the second Lawler fight since he tried coasting the last half of the fight Phone Post 3.0

I agree with this too. Under the current system Hendricks won, but under Pride judging Lawler won that fight.

CRE - The whole 170 lbs division is full of guys who lose regularly.

Ben Askren has never lost.

Hilarious.
Ben hasn't fought a top 5 guy and has been fighting guys outside the top 20 for a long time
Even then he had to eye poke to find a way out of a fight he was losing.
Do you think undefeated high school basketball teams should have their accomplishments against lesser competition credited as equal to nba wins? Do you think an undefeated high school basket ball team should be allowed to skip straight to finals in the nba season? Phone Post 3.0

I don't want to see Hendricks get the title shot. I'd rather see him, Condit, Woodley and Gastelum all fight it out for the next crack. Phone Post 3.0

CRE -
InspiritMick - 

Condit

He has lost 3 of his last 5 fights dude

That's a losing record.

js..
Askren got owned by a fringe top 50 guy last time out. Looked like an amateur flopping around the ring like a fish out if water. Lol

He doesn't ever crack too 15 in the UFC. There's a reason he hid in china fighting cans.

BTW....when's the Sapo rematch? Seems like Askren wants none of that shit. Lol Phone Post 3.0

His last two fights against Lawler and Brown were rather boring. He really tried to stall those fights out to decision with no desire to finish or entertain the fans.

I'm a big Hendricks fan but lay and praying Matt Brown to a decision doesn't warrant a title shot. Phone Post 3.0

Title shots should be given to the guy with the best chance to actually win, not to who "deserves" it.

Why Hendricks makes way more sense than condit:

#1 2 years ago, hendricks DESTROYED condit
#2 Hendricks beat Lawler once, and on the second fight, GOT ROBBED. He also recently got in much better shape, while Lawler just got huge damage, i think Hendricks would take it this time.
#3 Condit cannot even beat Woodley, who got destroyed by rory.

If i had to estimate the odds of both fights, Hendricks would probably be like +120 against Lawler. Condit would be like +400. Please no more uneven fights, hard to bet on those.

Hendricks vs Woodley for title shot

KG vs Condit - winner fights Rory for the next title shot Phone Post 3.0

wut?  Gastelum vs Condit then winner vs Rory for a title shot?  How does KG get in there?

How about Maia, Saffediene, Stun Gun, Wonderboy, or 4 other fighters ranked ahead of KG  first?

esque -
tr5595 - No..But who else Condit?
Obviously. Phone Post 3.0
He's 2-3 in his last 5 and he deserves it more then hendricks who beat him? Lol ok. Look I'm aware everyone here loves condit and hates on hendricks for kicking the shit out of gsp but at least try to have s little logic, it makes discussions more interesting. Phone Post 3.0

Get Hendricks out of these title fights, there's one way to make sure no ones excited to see lawler fight. Put him against Hendricks for a third time.

I'm so glad they didn't do a third fight between the two, it would have stalled the division for no reason. Phone Post 3.0

CRE - The whole 170 lbs division is full of guys who lose regularly.

Ben Askren has never lost.

Hilarious.

Ive never lost either.  Doesn't make me a good candidate.

Ben got handled by Santos up until he thumbed him in the eye.  Without that foul creating the no contest, Ben may have been on his way to his first loss.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=2440197&page=1

Well since we are playing matchmaker.

If Lawler is NOT taking time off, no one deserves it more than Hendricks. Both of his recent two losses were close enough that they were split decisions and there were significant amounts of people who thought he won the fight. One judge changes his mind against Lawler and Hendricks is still the champ.

So if Lawler is back in a reasonable amount of time those two get their trilogy and we also get:

Brown vs. Condit
Woodley vs Maia (if Maia wins)
Rory vs. Das Wunderkind

If Lawler IS NOT fighting soon:

Hendricks fights Woodley
The other two fights stay the same
Maia (if he wins) gets Gunnar Nelson

esque -
This Phone Post 3.0

Condit !!! Phone Post 3.0

ajsr - I haven't thought it through and can't outline my reasoning but personally I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in watching Hendricks fight Lawler again so soon and a Condit/Lawler fight is genuinely exciting to me. My would be tempered somewhat by the possibility that Condit puts on another Diaz performance while the belt is on the line though.
Condit didn't have a boring performance against GSP with the belt on the line.
That was a pretty bad ass fight as a matter of fact.

And even though Condit/Diaz was nothing like i expected, i thought it turned out pretty good Phone Post 3.0

Not a fan Phone Post 3.0

Uni man -
esque -
He's 2-3 in his last 5 and he deserves it more then hendricks who beat him? Lol ok. Look I'm aware everyone here loves condit and hates on hendricks for kicking the shit out of gsp but at least try to have s little logic, it makes discussions more interesting. Phone Post 3.0
Yes, but Hendricks has had 3 title shots since he beat Condit by decision.
I think that pretty much sums it up why I'd rather see Condit get the shot.

but that's just me Phone Post 3.0