“Jon Jones has put on a ton of size”

Just looks fatter to me. If he fights Ngganou he will be significantly smaller and weaker than Francis. I don’t think it matters. Imo Jones should stay around 230 and focus on cardio so he can wrestle Francis hard for the first 5-10 minutes. He doesn’t have to take him down but he has to keep him working and defending. If he gets him down that’s even better. This fight isn’t a mystery, Jon just needs to survive the bull rush and then he can win if his cardio is top notch. Unfortunately, I’m guessing this version of Jon gasses faster than Francis and has nothing for him in the power department. Francis has an excellent chin to go along with his power. Jon can only threaten him with pace so I’m not sure getting bigger, slower, and fatter is a great idea.

1 Like

It’s not quality weight like when Overeem went to heavyweight.

2 Likes

Some of you keep talking about surviving 5 minutes or the bull rush. Francis did not bull rush Stipe the last fight. He remained calm and kept touching Stipe.

If you think Francis’s trainer are not continuously working on Francis being a more measured fighter, you’re wrong. They will work on Francis throwing shots with less pop and less commitment so he can maintain balance & not be susceptible to easy take downs. This is why Stipe had so many issues with distance, countering and shooting for takedowns.

I think as Francis improves, you’re going to see a wider stance to prevent td’s and more jabs to set up a big shot or two. Ultimately, he doesn’t need to go full power to KO or hurt another fighter and it will conserve energy.

I think Jones gets wrecked considering he should have lost to Santos with injured knees and Reyes in his last two fights. The longer Francis trains at team Couture, the worse it gets for the heavyweight division.

1 Like

Brock vs Francis would be interesting. I suppose the fight might not be. A hard punch from Francis, or easy takedowns from Brock, is probably all the fight would be.

Still it would be interesting seeing an athletic 265lbs man fight an athletic 280 lbs man!

Yes, that’s why I clearly said Jon needs to make him wrestle the entirety of the first two rounds. Anyone that allows Francis to sit back and pick his shots stands zero chance. You have to go at him, smother him, and make him grapple until he’s tired. I guarantee DC would fight him that way.

I understood you.

However, I think Jones will not be strong enough to simply smother Francis. He’s struggled against bigger light heavy weights and I personally believe some of his best attributes at LH were size, length and strength. He has none of the advantages at heavy.

Maybe shooting for singles or doubles might work but I think it’s hard as hell to shoot on a guy who’s base is wide, training TD defense nonstop and has a nasty upper cut.

I guess we shall see. Maybe Jones gets another pass to use PEDs and he has enough strength to prevent damage in the clinch until Francis wears out. But then again, maybe Jones gasses too if he doesn’t get KO’d in at the process.

I have no idea if Jones can win using that strategy. However, I think that’s the only way to beat Ngannou. I hate Jones and I hope he gets smoked but he’s had a great career and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him beat Francis.

Except Daniel Cormier,who threw Josh Barrnett around like a rag doll, said the thing that surprised him most about Jones is how strong he is.

2 Likes

His brothers seem to be helping him with supplements.

1 Like

‘Pump some iron this morning, hit some steel this afternoon, got jujitsu practice tonight’

Bobb Sapp IMO

pure fantasy until a contract is signed. Francis will fight BB first

2 Likes

He might fight better in well fed mode but I still see nothing but increased body fat. He’s too old to put on a drastic amount of muscle quickly

1 Like

The guy has been an extreme weight cutter via anabolic steroids his whole career. Him being 240 is normal.

2 Likes

Lol he turned into Sapp

That’s James Toney, you fool

He was younger and juiced up.

Jones has declined since he cant do a swimming pool worth of picograms anymore.

Francis clearly has better picograms.

Brock vs Francis wouldn’t be interesting at all. Current Francis would murder him.

Prime Lesnar also folded when he couldn’t get the takedown and was being punched. All Francis would need to do is stop one takedown, which current Francis is very capable of. It’s only very debatable if you are a Brock fanboy.

I like that Jon is challenging himself. Even though he ducked heavyweight for years. I can respect that he’s actually going through with it. That being said I think he’s putting on too much weight and it’s gonna slow him down and his cardio. I think he’s putting on the weight so he doesn’t get ragdolled. Should be easier to KO him if he does in fact slow down from the weight gain. We will see soon I hope!