Jose Aldo has more of a claim to GOAT than Khabib

Aldo is an all time great.

BaggyGregariousEland-max-1mb

That said… his losses matter and beating the same dudes twice over and over again… i love Jose, but i cant put him on Rushmore

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s only rematched 2 guys he beat: Mendes and Edgar.

Compared to GSP, Anderson, or Jones, that’s no different if not even less # of rematches.

2 Likes

Edgar and Mendes were also the very best of their eras outside of Aldo and Aldo beat Edgar in his prime twice and Mendes in his prime for the second time when he became a striking threat as opposed to the raw wrestler in fight 1. Edgar was arguably coming into the FW div as still the LW champ (many had him beating Bendo in the rematch) and was coming off one of his best streaks coming into the rematch incl finishes over Mendes and Cub.

As for the losses, fair but you have to consider how he picked himself up and the wins he racked up after the losses over 2 divisions and also you would have to rank the losses for Anderson.

Aldo could have retired after the Mendes rematch and he woulda been 25-1 with the loss coming super early in his career and with 9 defenses.

After his Connor loss he beat Edgar (becoming a 2 time FW champ), Stephens (finish), Moicano (finish), Chito, Font, Munhoz and arguably Moraes and Merab. Also gave Yan a very good fight.

Everyone’s Rushmore is gonna differ but I don’t think there is any debate that Aldo (as well as DJ) should be on the shortlist.

2 Likes

This

Plus why are we penalizing a guy for rematches anyways? Using that logic, Holloway doesn’t get credit for beating Aldo because he beat him twice. So in their fights, nobody gets credit for anything? That makes no sense

1 Like

This

If Aldo wasn’t the champ at 145, Frankie and Mendes would have had a trilogy, with the belt exchanging hands often.

1 Like

6 Likes

Nobody should have to explain this.

Nobody cares if Khabib would beat Aldo. Stipe would beat Anderson Silva but Stipe isn’t ranked higher on the all time list.

Aldo is in my top 5.

3 Likes

I dont think Aldo would beat Khabib…i do think Aldos resume shits on Khabibs though

3 Likes

Most todays fans never heard of the WEC, let alone the pre Zuffa era.

3 Likes

Yup…sadly…Aldo is best known for 13 seconds to the new generation

3 Likes

Aldo is FOR sure higher up the GOAT list than Khabib.

3 Likes

And and khabib has perfect score! With 25 taxi drivers and 3 strikers, ultimate goat!!! -jack

4 Likes

If this was actually remotely true you guys would have no need to continue repeating yourselves.

Nobody actually believes Baldo is a better fighter than the demigod who never got scatched in 29 fights.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
That’s rich coming from you

2 Likes

Lets compare careers.

If Jose would have retired after beating the korean zombie because he promised his mama he would be right on par with Khabob.

3 Likes

True I am repetitive.

On that note let me repost all these gifs of Baldo getting his ass stomped again when this never has or never will happen to Khabib.

Aldo’s been finished more times than Khabib has taken clean punches. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thats what happens when you bitch out and run home to mama.

Kole Conrad was never beaten. Is he the Goat?

2 Likes

Is Cole Conrad also tied for the most title defences in UFC LW history and also having one of the longest win streaks in UFC history like Khabib?