Judo really isn't all that, BRO

nobody successful in mma today is 1 style only so lets stop this arguement now

As to his training, here's an interview he gave that describes it. He's currently working with a team that he says is the best boxing club in Russia, has world champion sambo guys, and has top judo guys. He was also in the Netherlands working on his kicks. Of course he cross trains.

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=555

Ghost- If you want some insight or to learn more about the art, you should join a club. You have to experience it yourself rather than read about it.

"i would throw wrestling into the category of cornerstones of mma along with bjj and mt/boxing "

More than that... I'd say the cornerstones are something like

*striking & defense

*takedown & defense

*grappling & defense

*cardio

"Matter of fact, there ain't even a fuckin Pride fan within miles of wherever they have Judo matches, BRO"

Kosei Inoue is arguably the best judoka alive. He is also a HUGE MMA fan who wrote a college paper on how Judo could be used in MMA.

Judo is Fedor's base art. Just like Nog and Murilo have won with KO's before doesn't mean their base art isn't BJJ. Its simple dude. Judo is his base art. Just like Wrestling is Hughes' base art and Kickboxing is Duane Ludwig's base art, etc.

And why do you always say "BRO"
?

lol

Ghost = Troll.

Fedor's ground control, his throws and takedowns, his throw and takedown defense, his top game, his submission offense and defense, his balance and his calm while on the ground all comes from Judo and Judo's Long lost Brother: Sambo.

In fact, many of the RTT and Red Devil guys are excellent on the ground and have submission skills = to BJJ black belts, if not better that many BJJ black belts... All while never training any BJJ.

Ghost, for real, if you are here to learn, dont by like Slybooger, scratch you head and ask 'how is an armbar from guard judo?'

How can someone answer that question?

With another question maybe: "how is it not?"

For the record, Fedor's heavy hands DO play more a part in his success than Mino's or Busta's but cross training is cross training.

But why is it that only Fedor's base art gets speculated upon and not Hughes, Coleman, Mino, Busta, or anyone that uses striking/gnp that is not from their base art.

Why do people try and disassociate Fedor from his actual background of judo?

Why does the fact that BTT has wrestling, muay-thai coaches and Mino training with the Cuban boxing team still make them 'BJJ guys' but Fedor throws a punch and hes not a 'judo guy.'

Like I said, I DO think that Mino and Busta's BJJ comes into play more than Fedor's judo for se and for agruements sake but Fedor just tapped out Coleman with his judo and some people cant handle that.

We all know Minotauro is still the 'better' submission guy, no one's arguing that.

We also know that bjj has had much greater success than judo in mma.

But some people really have a hard time accepting that judo can be incorporated into mma for some reason.

--Like I said, I DO think that Mino and Busta's BJJ comes into play more than Fedor's judo for se and for agruements sake but Fedor just tapped out Coleman with his judo and some people cant handle that.--

Let's not forget, he tapped him out faster than Mino did.

Now, I know that doesn't mean shit, but... but hey, it's troll fodder.

The responses here from those I put in their place for being smartasses are heartfelt and appreciated. It's nice to know where I stand with those of you I've touched this afternoon.

I'll be touching your mothers later on.

"And why do you always say "BRO" ?

lol "

hahahahaha... you'd have to meet me, it's much more fluid in conversation on a personal basis. I tend to type like I talk.

"Ghost, for real, if you are here to learn, dont by like Slybooger, scratch you head and ask 'how is an armbar from guard judo?'"

My approach was about 2 pages & 20-something paragraphs longer... also, much, much more entertaining.

I didn't come here to play politics, BRO. S'why I'm not a fuckin politician. S'why I gots me a greeny, mate. So you have to figure... I'm not gonna come atcha asking like a newb, when I can ham it up and put it in a way that generates some sincere responses.

People take this internet shit way too hard.

Tomorrow morning, ask your mom.

My credentials will have just left her mouth.

190. I'd like to go a little lower, though.

You want me to starve myself down to 175, all hypoglycemic and stumbling and shit, just so I can pump back up after the weigh in and smash you?

Dude... start eating. We'll talk in a couple months.

"S'why I gots me a greeny, mate. So you have to figure... I'm not gonna come atcha asking like a newb, when I can ham it up and put it in a way that generates some sincere responses."

If you do not know something it is better to ask than to start stating someting that is wrong, no matter what colour your name is.

*I* better start training????

Where, ethiopia?

In what? The art of Starvation?????

Listen here, Judo Jimmy... I know I probably dishonored your temple or some shit, and I know you've probably got all your monk buddies gettin on your tits about defending the family honor and shit, but you've got a ways to go before me and you get into a ring... I'd say about 20 lbs, and a shitload of tolerance... 'specially if all it takes to get you in war mode is a couple words on a computer screen.

Norweigian... way to take it hard bro. Whatever happened to just enjoying your day?

Taking what hard, just posting my opinion. And I have NEVER trained Judo, so I am not offended.

You look more like a newb if you post someting completely wrong than if you just ask a question.

Let's see, I know someone who'd most likely take you up on your deal Greeny... A judoka named David Garcia..

someone once said "Assumption is the mother of all fuckups".

Without first hand knowlege ie rolling with a good judo guy, running it down just makes you sound naive.

I'm not a really Judoka but when I get time I go down to a local school to roll. Most of the kyu grades there (except a couple) were not to much of a challenge, but getting schooled by the instructor (who I out way by about 30kg) definitly gets my respect. Gard work in this club is very good & maybe that is not the case elsewhere.

The only problem I have with Judo is when they give up their back. But this is due to the rules of the sport, getting pinned on your back for 21? seconds would be a loss in competition. This sport approach would be a mistake to bring to the MMA world. Having said that I'm a firm beleiver that it's the mentality of the fighter that decides how dangerous they are, eg two guys of the same skill level face off, the guy with the killer instinct will usually come out victorious.

Throwing bombs in Judo? well with good ground control striking on the ground becomes a lot easier, you dont have to be Tyson.

What I'm trying to say is that...you take out the sport aspect & Judo is just as effective as any other grappling art.

There are no bad martial arts, opinions are made based on the people who represent them.

LOL @ the internet challenges! I knew one was coming sooner or later.

AndreiKali9- how is that kissing ass? by telling you that you look like a fool? whos ass was i kissin? don't go barkin at me like your GOD all fuckin mighty, punk.

Here you are, 18 year old punk chump is making internet challenges to fight someone over a fuckin Judo conversation. You're a fuckin dweeb. You talk all this masa like you're billy the fuckin kid. I'll fuckin trash you, bitch. Get back to your internet-keyboard wars and challenges, just keep your twitchy fingers outta my direction and you'll be all good.

lol....