Judo's submissions suck VIDEO PROOF

That superheavyweight match at 5:10 looked pretty brutal with the way it ended with the guy's arm trapped. Same with the final clip. Looks like you can have your whole elbow go on you in a split second.

Question: why do some of them wear red belts?

Before the blue gi's, one had to wear a red sash.

I think it's illegal now to land on the armbar from a throw. I popped my elbow like that and won by DQ. Not sure about the official rule. Someone peobably has a better idea whatthe rule is.

There are no sorry submissions... only sorry attempts!

More bad judo submissions.

Judo Ne-Waza HL 2 (by Yukiore & Boretz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2GttCwiYE

How has nobody mentioned that the highlight soundtrack is Creed?

its not the submissions that are underdeveloped.... its the defense IMO.

BigMike77 -  I love how people 4get that you are getting thrown on your head....with force, great video! That Video proves that BJJ is a great sport but a butt floppin sport at that. Take any BJJ black belt and thrown him/her on there head = white belt bjj and ya a simple armbar works. Judo = Fighting from your feet. BJJ = Fighting from your buttfloppin ass. JMO

except the 90% of the time that they bellyflop which is way worse than buttflopping considering there is absolutely no offense you can use while laying flat on your stomach.

karpo - More bad judo submissions.

Judo Ne-Waza HL 2 (by Yukiore & Boretz)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he2GttCwiYE

this vid was nasty..

the big guy @ 6:45 has some slick transitions and that pass @ 7:30 was pretty damn nice too.

BJJ's subs are Judo's subs.

Great Vids!!!

Main difference i see is standup is much better, but guard work is no where near hi level BJJ. (maybe these vids just didn't feature good guard work)

Baroquen Record - 
BigMike77 -  I love how people 4get that you are getting thrown on your head....with force, great video! That Video proves that BJJ is a great sport but a butt floppin sport at that. Take any BJJ black belt and thrown him/her on there head = white belt bjj and ya a simple armbar works. Judo = Fighting from your feet. BJJ = Fighting from your buttfloppin ass. JMO

except the 90% of the time that they bellyflop which is way worse than buttflopping considering there is absolutely no offense you can use while laying flat on your stomach.
lol

That was awesome.

So, it's subs aren't as good as bjj... Congrats Captain Obvious!? All this does is stir anti bjj sentiment. Well done.

"Sankaku" just means "triangle", and "sankaku-jime" just means triangle choke.

There is basically no incentive to work from your guard in Judo. There is not usually enough time to set up a sub from there, and if your guard gets passed, you get pinned and lose. Pinning someone in Judo is less strict than passing guard in BJJ, too, in that you can still have an arm under their leg.

I don't like belly-flopping, but it makes a lot of sense under Judo rules if you are weaker at newaza than your opponent, or if you end up in a potentially bad position.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but you don't even get Ippon if you throw the guy on his head, do you? I seem to recall the rule saying they have to land flat on their back.

Judo highlights are spectacular to watch.

But when studieing the effectiveness of judo VS bjj, one could consider the following:

An olympic judoka wouldn't go very well without the gi in greco or freestyle wrestling.

Where as sport jiu jitsu champions dominate no gi submission tournaments (beating grapplers from all styles
without the gi), AND since no gi is considered the closest thing to mma without striking, BJJ must be
considered the most effective grappling art.

"
After watching this video I now know the counter to a deep half guard sweep.

Just watch at 3:40 and you will see. LOL
"

actually it was caused by a failed single leg that landed the guy in a deep half guard position
with his left arm exposed, which gave the guy on top an opportunity to arm bar him.

so while it ended up being a counter to a deep half guard, it was because the guy initially
failed a single leg takedown.

mestregruber
"
Pinning someone in Judo is less strict than passing guard in BJJ, too, in that you can still have an arm under their leg.
"

you still get passing points in bjj even if your arm is under or between their legs.

awesome vid

Judo Ne-Waza is no where near as bad as BJJ Stand-Up.