Just IMAGINE......GLORY MMA!!!

Tomato Can - 
Haulport - 
Tomato Can - How are they going to use PRIDE rules when most of their cards are in the US? Makes no sense.
    <br />
    <p>
        <span class="User-90095" id="userPost49114750"><span class="User-235326" id="userPost49113705">They don't have to do them in the US. They clearly are very capable of producing high quality events outside the US regularly. It's not that difficult to understand...</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<span class="User-90095" id="userPost49114750">I strongly doubt a promotion that puts on most of its cards in the US is going to start putting on MMA fights under anything but the unified rules. It would be ... illogical.</span></blockquote>

Yeah, it's very illogical to meet a market demand. Whatever.......................

Also, nearly half their shows are international so you point is actually illogical...

Wasa-B - People think a ring over a cage and Pride rules over Unified erases decisions and strategy and other universal norms of sport.

Not like i dont miss Pride and would like to see knees to a downed opponent but lets stop pretending that it would be a night and day difference. Aslong as this is still a sport and not sports entertainment, it will never be entertaining enough for most.

Honestly don't know what you are talking about. PRIDE Rules are a different sport altogether. The word "decision" is meaningless here and I care not one bit about the supposed delusions of others. PRIDE Rules in a Ring with awesome production value is something that is completely missing in MMA for 7 years now. I want to see it back. That's it.

caposa - 

Would I like to see an org implement Pride-style rules in a ring? Fuck yes. The issue is there are not enough top level free agents out there for this to work. 

You may not be aware of this but before GLORY Kickboxing existed it was United Glory, which were mixed events that had Kickboxing and MMA fights/tournaments in a ring. No Pride rules though. So the people at GLORY do have experience in promoting MMA fights.

This was something I was fuzzy on. I know they bought It's Showtime and all sorts of stuff was moving around. Good to know this is United Glory, thanks.

And without PRIDE Rules I lose 90% of my interest.........................  : (

CurtisTheConqueror - They should have MMA shows and Kickboxing shows in one night! Or run an MMA show one night and then a kickboxing show another night. That would incredible Phone Post 3.0

Yes it would be. It would also be a way to fill in as they grow their MMA roster.

Wasa-B - 
Haulport - 
VTCO - GLORY should focus on holding down the throne and continuing to promote high-level kickboxing events.

No need for them to branch out and start some MMA side project. MMA is over-saturated as it is.

If you want PRIDE rules + elbows, go watch ONE FC. o

ONEFC is good but the production quality and fighter choice selection is THROUGH THE ROOF with GLORY.

Do you mean by getting their current fighter roster to also fight under MMA rules? Im all for a rival big league MMA org but they currently have zero to little MMA fighters and would take a long time to actually develop a through the roof MMA fighter roster imo.

I mean acquisition of MMA fighters. As above they could fill in by doing mixed shows. But a lot of fighters feel they have no real option and Bellator has an extremely bad rep re: contracts so people stay away. I think there would be a good deal of fighters coming off contracts who would jump ship if the pay made sense. They don't need 500 fighters like Zuffa (who only does that for anti-competitve reasons). A small roster of world class fighters who put it on the line would be more than enough to kill it pretty quick.

UGCTT_5 for fighting - PRIDE Rules + Elbows would get my support for sure.

a lot of people have been missing out on awesome MMA.

EKPOGI - 
UGCTT_5 for fighting - PRIDE Rules + Elbows would get my support for sure.

a lot of people have been missing out on awesome MMA.

I like ONE but:

- No ring

- Very little world class talent

- Meh production value

Haulport - 
Wasa-B - People think a ring over a cage and Pride rules over Unified erases decisions and strategy and other universal norms of sport.

Not like i dont miss Pride and would like to see knees to a downed opponent but lets stop pretending that it would be a night and day difference. Aslong as this is still a sport and not sports entertainment, it will never be entertaining enough for most.

Honestly don't know what you are talking about. PRIDE Rules are a different sport altogether. The word "decision" is meaningless here and I care not one bit about the supposed delusions of others. PRIDE Rules in a Ring with awesome production value is something that is completely missing in MMA for 7 years now. I want to see it back. That's it.

I myself would hardly call it a different sport and you know i understand the differences in cage/ring and rules. The level of the game is now higher as well and lets just admit that Pride had its share of mismatches.

Im all for Zuffa changing their production value to make it less Tapouty but i dont think production value is that fundamental. Its dressing, it doesnt change the skill or level of the fighters.

As for decisions, i just meant that Pride still had decisions even when the level of the game was lower / there was a larger gap between the talent.

Ive said it a million times, i miss Pride but i think people are over romancing it these days due to nostalgia and a way to cope with their Dana hate. ;) The UFC is like your wife, the mistresses always seem so much more exciting...until they become your wife.

Haulport - 
Tomato Can - 
Haulport - 
Tomato Can - How are they going to use PRIDE rules when most of their cards are in the US? Makes no sense.
    <br />
    <p>
        <span class="User-90095" id="userPost49114750"><span class="User-235326" id="userPost49113705">They don't have to do them in the US. They clearly are very capable of producing high quality events outside the US regularly. It's not that difficult to understand...</span></span></p>
</blockquote>
<span class="User-90095" id="userPost49114750">I strongly doubt a promotion that puts on most of its cards in the US is going to start putting on MMA fights under anything but the unified rules. It would be ... illogical.</span></blockquote>

Yeah, it's very illogical to meet a market demand. Whatever.......................

Also, nearly half their shows are international so you point is actually illogical...

I am facepalming so hard right now.

Another brilliant Haulport idea with zero feasibility and zero common sense applied.

Tomato Can - 
Haulport - 
Tomato Can - 
Haulport - 
    <br />
    <p>
</blockquote>

I am facepalming so hard right now.

Another brilliant Haulport idea with zero feasibility and zero common sense applied.

and another non-sequitur from Tomato when the question he asked and expected to not be able to be answered because he is SO CLEVER, gets answered easliy and logically.........

I can really understand where you are coming from though. It really is just absurd and not feasible that a company that runs half their shows outside the US, that is not a US based company (Singapore), that clearly is not influenced by PRIDE, could ever run 6-8 MMA shows outside the US and start paying MMA stars good money to come over and fight under PRIDE Rules + Elbows (like ONEFC who routinely runs shows in Singapore) in a ring. JUST MADNESS!!!!

It's impressive how doggedly you cling to your delusions.

As if it makes ANY sense whatsoever for a promotion that holds most of its cards in the US (9 of 16 total, 6 of their last 9, plus their next 2) to start holding MMA fights under a ruleset that is illegal in the US, not to mention Canada and parts of Europe. All to satisfy a small niche of fans who are desperate for PRIDE-rules MMA.

As if they are remotely comparable to OneFC who hold shows exclusively in Southeast Asia.

If GLORY ever starts doing MMA, you can be 100% sure it will be under the unified rules. One hundred percent.

Tomato Can - It's impressive how doggedly you cling to your delusions.

As if it makes ANY sense whatsoever for a promotion that holds most of its cards in the US (9 of 16 total, 6 of their last 9, plus their next 2) to start holding MMA fights under a ruleset that is illegal in the US, not to mention Canada and parts of Europe. All to satisfy a small niche of fans who are desperate for PRIDE-rules MMA.

As if they are remotely comparable to OneFC who hold shows exclusively in Southeast Asia.

If GLORY ever starts doing MMA, you can be 100% sure it will be under the unified rules. One hundred percent.

Me and my buddies at work just laugh at people who are so sure of their predictions like u. No creativity and as sure as shit that no one can ever do something that is outside their little box. Just so clueless........

But then again, people like u make people like me more valuable. So keep it up!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Instead of just admitting the gaping logical holes in your idea, you've constructed some sort of silly and irrelevant narrative to stroke your damaged ego.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

VTCO - GLORY should focus on holding down the throne and continuing to promote high-level kickboxing events.

No need for them to branch out and start some MMA side project. MMA is over-saturated as it is.

If you want PRIDE rules + elbows, go watch ONE FC. o
Right on.

GLORY has become my favorite combat sports promotion by far. So much more exciting and interesting than anything the MMA world or boxing are producing. Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Instead of just admitting the gaping logical holes in your idea, you've constructed some sort of silly and irrelevant narrative to stroke your damaged ego.

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

The only gaping holes here are with you sir. An international group that runs international shows regularly bringing a product that is totally absent to a market where at least 40% are interested in that kind of product doesn't have to many gaping holes.

You can be a PAINFULLY myopic individually to converse with....................

"And international group that runs international shows regularly bringing a product that is totally absent to a market where at least 40% are interested in that kind of product doesn't have to many gaping holes."

lolwut

You should check the dictionary because "myopic" describes you a lot better than it does me.

it will be shitty no matter who does it if it is held in a ring.

Rings only work for the cans trying to escape ax murdering

Gustafsson Broke Bones - it will be shitty no matter who does it if it is held in a ring.

Rings only work for the cans trying to escape ax murdering

Uh...................no...

Two sweaty men pressed up against a spray painted, rubberized, chain-link fence for 10 of the 11 mins of a fight is a joke compared to the the freedom to not lose your hips that a ring provides.

No one seems to get that when someone gets pressed against a wall/fence their ability to GET OFF THAT FENCE is severely limited because you can't push your ass out and you get flattened. it is unnatural and a bizarre advantage that everyone thinks is ok (probably because they don't understand wrestling and how the fence is used as a tool for Wall n Stall). Thisis why they don't have Olympic wrestling matches in a cage.........

Tomato Can - "And international group that runs international shows regularly bringing a product that is totally absent to a market where at least 40% are interested in that kind of product doesn't have to many gaping holes."

lolwut

You should check the dictionary because "myopic" describes you a lot better than it does me.

I don't know if you know this but just repeating yourself and saying "I'm rubber, you're glue...." is not an effective or acceptable way of debating..................

Just ttting this thread so eeryone can imagine how UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME a GLORY MMA card would be (with PRIDE Rules + Elbows of course)...