Kettlebells to get strong

Im gonna try KB's when the gym is empty. I see no way of not smashing my nutts and skull. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post

. Phone Post 3.0

This what im doing right now.

Done in a circuit

Day 1
Clean x5
F Squat x5
Press x5
Clean x5
F Squat x5
X5

Day 2
F Squat x5
Press x5
Clean x5
F Squat x5
X5

Day 3
Snatch x5
F Squat x5
Press x5
F Squat x5
Clean x5
F Squat x5
X5

I also do 2 sets of pushups and 2 sets of pullups till failure after the circuits are done.
The circuit came from Geoff Neuport Phone Post 3.0

GaspareBJJ - Anyone think I should do a protein supplement or natural T booster? Or is all of that bullshit Phone Post 3.0
Protein supplements are alright. Dont use it to substitute real food. Use to add some additional protein to your diet.
A Clean diet is huge.
T boosters are BS. Phone Post 3.0

Krampus Shamhalaev - This what im doing right now.

Done in a circuit

Day 1
Clean x5
F Squat x5
Press x5
Clean x5
F Squat x5
X5

Day 2
F Squat x5
Press x5
Clean x5
F Squat x5
X5

Day 3
Snatch x5
F Squat x5
Press x5
F Squat x5
Clean x5
F Squat x5
X5

I also do 2 sets of pushups and 2 sets of pullups till failure after the circuits are done.
The circuit came from Geoff Neuport Phone Post 3.0

I would suggest some form of pure hip hinge based movement to balance this routine out (assuming the clean and snatches aren't being done via the swing). Seems very vertical/press oriented. I would either clean from the swing (hip hinge) and/or snatch from the swing/high pull (cuvilinear versus vertical). It's entirely possible your cleaning vertically from the dead position already with a hip hinge based set up, however, it seems most people naturally gravitate to more of a "squatty" set up. Hope this helps. Also consider deficit or SL DL's for some good unilateral training.

It seems like my shoulders have went to s*** since I started in kettlebells. Phone Post 3.0

Stay away from the snatch. Fucked up my shoulder. Phone Post 3.0

^^ Really? I'm a big fan. They are definitely not something to do once your form starts breaking down or without knowing how to do them properly for sure. I started out practicing them with a real light bell and now I can do 100 in under 5 minutes.

^^Would agree with fatigue and technique being culprits in injury. Otherwise the snatch is quite safe and works on lower scap stabilizers as compared to most overhead exercises (delts, UT's, etc). I would also play around with vertical dead snatches and swing based snatches (curvilinear) to see which feels better. Pretty technical movements but if done correctly can be very rewarding.

Since this thread got bumped, wanted to throw in this Guida vid just in case anyone has never seen it.

Might as well add in the hot chick for the motivation.

Subbed. Also Enter The Kettlebell is the funniest instructional I've ever seen! Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

It's older but Steve Maxwell's 300 kettle bell challenge has been a staple of mine for years. I do that once a week on top of everything else I do during the week. I also use 2 53lb kettle bells to do squats. I go all the way down, butt to ankles. I love how the squats strengthens the stabilizing muscles in my waist and back. It's helped a lot for BJJ. Phone Post 3.0

1 Like

Dogfight - By the way, using less than the kb set you list, I put on 10-12 lbs last year in about 6 months using Pavel's programs from "Enter the Kettlebell". That was an insane jump for a 44 year old guy who has been stalled at the same weight (more or less) for years. Phone Post 3.0
Seems insanely difficult to workout how to program Rite of Passage. The layout is so confusing. Phone Post 3.0

Are you kidding? ROP is easy.

Heavy day - 5 x 1-2-3-4-5 c&P (and pull ups if you're serious).

Light day - 5 x 1-2-3

Medium - 5 x 1-2-3-4

When you can complete the heavy day you move up a bell. I suggest a 4kg jump, not a full 8kg jump. When you make the jump the first workout will be something like:

H - 3 x 1-2-3

L - 3 x 1

M - 3 x 1-2

Add reps until you get to 3 x 1-2-3-4-5 on the heavy day and adjust the light and medium days accordingly. Then add in ladders until you hit 5 x 1-2-3-4-5 again and repeat the process.

Don't use anything more than a 24kg unless you want fucked up shoulders or are a massive dude.

bull neck - Are you kidding? ROP is easy.

Heavy day - 5 x 1-2-3-4-5 c&P (and pull ups if you're serious).

Light day - 5 x 1-2-3

Medium - 5 x 1-2-3-4

When you can complete the heavy day you move up a bell. I suggest a 4kg jump, not a full 8kg jump. When you make the jump the first workout will be something like:

H - 3 x 1-2-3

L - 3 x 1

M - 3 x 1-2

Add reps until you get to 3 x 1-2-3-4-5 on the heavy day and adjust the light and medium days accordingly. Then add in ladders until you hit 5 x 1-2-3-4-5 again and repeat the process.

Don't use anything more than a 24kg unless you want fucked up shoulders or are a massive dude.
That single paragraph is infinitely more clear than the 5 pages in the book it takes to explain it. VU Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. I know a thing or two about kettlebells ;)