Kung Fu vs MMA

8 years ago called and it wants its thread back.

Lol I actually despise kung fu guys

the only TRUE KUNG FU master is Hong Kong Phooey :)

Tapsforfood- How can you make such blanket statements when there are kungfu fighters like those who compete in Sanda?

Why is people's memory so short? It has all ready been proven thousands of times, don't they rememver what the UFC was made for?. The other day I was reading an old Black Belt and in the letters section a puertorican guy writted to complain that one of his figthers was not allowed to participate on the UFC because the UFC medical staff said that he was dangerously over weight, but in reality they were afraid of his skills. Well fast forward to UFC 8 they guy finally got a chance to go at it and guess who he faced on the first figth? Don Frye and got his ass handed to him whit something like a 15 sec KFO

Shed thy light my brethren ...SHed thy light at will upon those still in darkness!! LOL :)

Words of wisdom from a Shaolin master:

"It's an interesting paradox. The people who are interested in UFC are usually those who have something to prove. The people who aren't interested UFC are those who have nothing to prove, to themselves, or to the world.

In my experience, it is the man who has nothing to prove who is more powerful. He is further along the path. He has already been through youthful exuberance and the need to test himself. He has confidence in himself and his abilities. He is gentle and compassionate. He would run from a fight rather than hurt an opponent. He has nothing to prove to anyone.

A master of Iron Palm knows that his palm can kill. Wondering whether his Iron Palm can kill is the same as wondering whether a knife can kill. The hand of an Iron Palm master can be deadlier than a knife."

Hossein-

You do Vo Binh Dinh too? I thoughtI was the only one who used that vodka dit da jow stuff. What is it's name in vietnamese? I've never been able to get a straight answer. Where is master Long Le located?

However, my instructor, who does both Vo Binh Dinh and Vo Tu Do (viet kickboxing) informs me that in vietnam, Vo Tu Do ringside fighters are generally the badasses, not people who do viet kung fu. On this i'm inclined to believe him.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Sovann

Did you know that that "Iron Palm" master Brian Gray was arrested on charges of sexually assaults on at least one of his male students?

Apparently homo sexual predators are above "youthful exuberance" -LMAO

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=7718406&BRD=1973&PAG=461&dept_id=214849&rfi=6

A master of Iron Palm knows that his palm can kill. Wondering whether his Iron Palm can kill is the same as wondering whether a knife can kill. The hand of an Iron Palm master can be deadlier than a knife.LMFAO

They have alot of nerve saying anything negative at all about the MMA fighters while they themselves do not have the balls to step into the ring or cage. They talk sh!t from a distance...a safe distance. Anybody could do that.They show a complete lack of understanding of the techniques involved and over simplify matters w/ magical mystic BS. It's an insult to those who have the grit, balls, and determination to face others in the ring/ cage .Either prove it or STFU.

The funny part of the last comment is, there's at least 1 kung fu guy on this board with a green name. I thought green names meant someone has fought in an event.

Bull_in_chinashop, too much information dude ;)

hedgehogey,

I did practice Vo Binh din over 15 years ago for two years. I have been doing greco-roman most of my life since I am originally from Iran.
Vo binh din is an amazing style of kung fu. Very rare indeed. Master Long Le had a school in Geneva, Switzerland.
I do not know what dit da jow is in vietnamese. He called it "the product" or "le produit" in French.
He did not tell us what was in the jow but there were around 30 + kinds of plants in it. It was the best jow I have ever tried. I make my own now but it is not as effectif as his.
The guy was raised in a temple and could not read or write but he was very respected by the martial arts community in Geneva. Even the Thaiboxing clubs respected him for his skills.

Holy shit check this out. Im not gonna mess with a guy that can do this.

11th July 1989
Stopping the Rain

At about 4.15 pm the sky was already dark with thick rain clouds. The sun could not be seen at all. At 4.20 it started to rain heavily. The thunder roared very loudly three tmes. It suddenly occured to me to try to use my chi kung to stop the rain. This was a good occasion as it was obvious from the overcast sky that the rain should continue for at least an hour.

I sat at the meditation position. I went into meditation. Then I circulaed my chi in the small universal flow. Next I let my chi rise from my pai-hui (head) upward to the sky. I said a prayer in my heart in Chinese, and then in English, to the gods, especially the Rain God, to let the rain stop for half an hour.

A few minutes later I heard the rain subsiding. Then it stopped raining! It was about 4.30 pm.

I called my son to come upstairs to where I was (in my computer room) to find out if he could see chi radiating from me. My son, Wong Chun Nga, aged 10, has the special extraordinary ability to see chi. He told me that a thick column of chi radiated from my head upwards, and the ceiling was full of chi, and the chi was going skyward. The chi was dark green in colour.

Kung Fu Guy def. MMA fighter by Chi-induced Rainstorm 1R 2:30

BWAHAHAHA @ Emuwarrior's story

Next thing we'll be hearing about guys shooting fireballs out of their ass.

I think Matt Thornton explains the mentality of most guys in TMA perfectly.

http://www.straightblastgym.com/questions.html

" I cannot really put my finger on it... but the best way I can explain it to you is to tell you that the motive of people like this is skewed from the start. They are not pursuing truth... just an image"

"People become enamored with the mystery that surrounds the Asian martial arts.... people are often gullible.... they so badly want to believe that their is some 75 year old 110lb Chinese master who can throw people without touching them.... or administer a death touch.... whatever... .it feeds the fantasies they have about beating up 5 football players at once in a parking lot in front of their girlfriend. Its silly. Its a fantasy... but they seem to need it...."

but their masters would both bow out because they have nothing to prove its like watching two nerds arguing in the hall, you know each is too pussy to throw a punch but in the end they saw how if they would have fought they would have beat some ass.

by the way, i am still trying to master the death touch out of half guard can anyone give me advice