Ladies! Ladies! Ladies!

I was just kidding but apparently you are not!

nope. We likes it! Thanks for keeping this thread up!

Christy

ttt

You are welcome.

www.Danielmoraes.com is here helping out with all the classes, including the all women class.

TTT

CHristy is learning tons from Daniel and passing it on to the class as well.

Good.

TTT

Christy,
Glad to hear your classes are building! :-) Keep it up girl! It's a marathon not a sprint. Keep it solid. Hope to see you girls at a tourney soon. Take care.

Are you healed? Will you be competing? I'm in Hawaii and will compete tomorrow for Relson @ the Internationals here. Train hard.

christy

We sprint the marathon, that's why the World Champ is back here at our academy in 5 days. There were no women in Hawaii that wanted to step up to the girls I brought out there. I almost feel sorry for any girls in Texas that see them on the mats at any tournament. www.Austinjj.com

O just cancelled the women's class in Arlington. Most of the girls will continue in the coed classes now, so at least we got more women into BJJ. He cancelled the kickboxing class I was taking there too.

howcome? low attendance? At least those ladies started reg. class.

Yeah, no girls at the Internationals wanted to fight. There were some there but they were only watching....lame huh?

Christy

it's funny how people biatch about thing but never help out the cause!

Aw, that sucks to train for something and then sit out.

At one point we had a decent number of women, but when the semester started we ran into scheduling conflicts with our most regular attendees, some of who started coming to coed classes anyhow. Also the coed classes were pretty full so they wanted more timeslots for coed classes.

well personally I think it's better to get everyone in the same class unless they prefer personal or separated classes/attention. I would rather just train for myself and be selfish but I know there are a lot of people who would love this sport and could excel if they could get passed the eewie stage. Therefore, we now have plenty of women's classes.

maybe you can still do the women's open mats you have been holding and just promote people to start coming and only training with the women in the class.

christy

I like womens' classes as a way to get more new women comfortable with BJJ, but I also think its good that they get the relatively small number of women into the same weekly classes so they can train together. Training with other women is especially helpful for lightweight women I think because there's not that many guys around their weight. If the number of women in the sport ever increases to the point where women make up 25% of the practitioners, then there will be enough women in the coed classes to where that won't be a problem anymore.

I like training with people my experience level and higher at least some of the time. I like working with people my size/strength at least some of the time. Unfortunately one is only in the coed classes, the other is only in the womens classes, with nobody meeting both criteria except my imaginary friend, haha.

TTT

well you can come train here if you'd like.....

We have 2 more coming in thursday to start...they are wives of JJ guys. Then one of the other night ladies is soming in the thurs morning as well.

What about the girl Christine who moved to your place from the Baylor/Waco area? Are they still training there? She seemed like she wanted to get better...?

Christy

Christine is one of my favorite people to train with; she is very technical. Yes she's still training, however she isn't in the majority of the classes I take.