LAUZON wins

Congrats Joe

good job man.

thanks everyone

I'm late on the wagon but congrats Joe that is a big win....Joe

congrats. i wanted ryan to win, but you took it to him, as it sounds on this thread (i wasn't there to witness the match myself). sounds like an action packed event.

congrats. :)

i went to this fight it was not impressive it looked like ryan had somewhere to go so he tried sneeking out of the ring but he tried squeezing through joes arms. hey can we get a count on how many days until danny is 16 it probably like 600 but im already excited

ttt that shit..speigal, im 16 dont you mean til im 18.. year and a half wait

lol @ spiegel.

Spiegel is the man

Spiegel for President!

really whats better than getting paid to fight

Congrats again, Joe. I guess that NyQuil kicked in... ey? :^)

OK, Chris. I can't stand it anymore. There have been several references from Joe's friend about his win over Mike Brown. Whenever the Joe's name comes up, his friends are quick to site his win over Brown. Gannon mentioned it recently as well. NO DISRESPECT to Joe, but I was at that fight and Mike was winning prior to the sub. Joe pulled out an awesome RNC, and won. Great. Mike had an off night, and deserves a rematch. He was gracious enough to provide Joe a chance to use Mike's name now lets see if Joe is man enough to grant Mike a rematch. I know for a fact that Mike has asked Joe and a promoter to set it up. Joe's response has been tepid at best. Joe, don't hang your rep on one win over Mike to tout your skill. Prove it wasn't a fluke, grant him a rematch. You BOTH displayed great skill and resilience...it would be a fantastic rematch. You are growing and developing as a MMA...return the courtesy that Mike provided you. Especially in light of your friends continually referencing the win.

why does everything have to be about slinging mud at Joe. The guy has some recent big wins and you've got the few people throwing mud at Joe.

Tysaw, if your not Mike Brown, then shut up. I've met Mike and he's a nice guy and I'm sure he can talk for himself. Joe has been asked to fight Mike by several promoters.

I was at the fight too, and yes Mike was winning the decision before the sub. But Joe was in the fight until the end and his heart kept him in the fight. Like all good fighters, Joe capitalized on an oppurtunity and won the fight.

I have nothing but respect for Mike and his team and I'm sure that Joe will grant Mike a rematch, but give the guy a break, he fought 8 times in 2004. That's a pretty busy MMA schedule. He already has a fight scheduled for February and has to work around a schedule. Joe is a full-time student, and works part-time. This is not a career for him yet. On top of that Joe has to find a full-time job for next semester to meet graduation requirements. Joe fights because he loves to fight, not because he has to, so if he wants to fight on his schedule, I think he should have that right.

Joe, don't hang your rep on one win over Mike to tout your skill. Prove it wasn't a fluke, grant him a rematch

Joe's rep is not based on one win over Mike Brown. Joe has slowly worked himself up the ladder in MMA. He has 14 fights in his short 2 1/2 yr career, each time displaying a ferocity and determination to be an exciting fighter. He is 8-0 in 2004 with 8 wins by sub/ko/tko, not a single decision. That is what is reputation is built on.

"return the the courtesy that Mike provided you"

Mike is a standup guy, but to act like Brown did Lauzon a favor by taking the fight is ignorant. Lauzon took the fight for no pay, and with no where near the proper time to train for a fighter of Brown's caliber.

He submitted him in dramatic fashion - Brown was controlling the match against Sudo before being submitted, should Genki offer him a rematch?

People constantly refer to Penn's submission over Hughes - should Hughes get a rematch for this?

The fact that we refer to Lauzon's win over Brown is an idication for how good we think Brown really is. But face facts, Joe won that match clean - there is nothing you can say to debate his win.

Ouch Chris, touched a nerve? Yes, Joe was impressive in the fight. No I won't "shut up"...Joe can speak for himself, instead of your inane rantings. Mike deserves a rematch, or don't you agree? I as a fan like BOTH fighters, as I stated. I would love to see, as a fan, the two go again. Espcecially after the use of Mike's name to promote Joe. As Nike says, "Just do it." If you have a problem with that, you are a dope or you suspect Joe's win was a fluke? Either way, two great fighters and a potentially great fight. Cheers and happy holidays.

Chris, btw, I KNOW Mike well. I have not just met him, I know HIM. WELL. I have personally talked to Mike about this topic, and he related his frustration at not getting a rematch ASAP. He deserves one in my estimation, if you don't agree then show some class and respectfully disagree. I did NOT sling mud at Joe. Read my posts. I love the way Lauzon fights and like his style very much. I do feel if Mike gave him an opportunity to make his name on "a UFC vet", then he owes him a rematch. One that Mike has asked for repeatedly since his loss. Only fair. As I said if you disagree, no problem. We all have opinions. Don't be an ass though and be rude. Just disagree and state your points, if you have them.

Chris pretty much summed it all up, but let me clarify. I am a full-time student, I work, I teach classes, and I drive an hour each way to train 4 nights a week when I'm NOT getting ready for a fight. Fighting is a very big deal to me... buts its not my entire life. I have other obligations that need to come first, and school is at the top of the list.

Next thing, you aren't happy people are saying I beat Mike. But you know what, regardless of what you think, I did beat him. This sport is great because a fight can be ended so quickly with just one mistake. Mike was controlling the fight... but I did finish him, not the other way around. So lets not get a sour taste in your mouth because the fight was going Mikes way before he lost. Its like complaining that you were winning until the other team hit a home run in the bottom of the 9th.

Let me make something VERY clear. I know that Mike wants a rematch ASAP. I am not hiding from him... I have been BUSY. Mike is a tough fighter that I need time to prepare and train for him, I was training hard all year for other fights and I was in good shape when the fight was talked about. But I'm taking it easy for right now, letting lots of injuries heal up, and need more than a few weeks if we are having a rematch. But saying I'm not a man because I wont fight Mike right away is ridiculous. I'm in the position where I am doing this for nothing other than fun, and I have the option to choose who I fight. No matter how badly Mike wants the rematch, it doesn't happen unless I want it to, so don't try to press and force me into something, or its not going to happen.

The win was not a fluke.

Lauzon is the man!