Lol @ the UFC HW division

Tai Tuivasa is a better version of Lewis. Who again, sucks. And he’s the third ranked HW fighter in the world. And let’s be honest… he’s not great. Ganes is gonna clown him and make him look like an amateur

Yeah it still bothers me that I didn’t go lol. But I did end up making it out to 2 of Brock’s UFC fights. And one of his Wrestlemanias lol. He’s always been an entertaining character even in pro wrestling he is just a unique guy and he is always entertaining.

1 Like

Which fights?

Exactly. He had what, a 5-3 record or some such? He had just about zero impact on the UFC, or on the sport in general. He also couldn’t put up with getting hit in the face well at all, tough to make a career out of it with that handicap.

5 Likes

UFC 91 when he won the Title against Randy. And UFC 121 when he lost it to Cain.

Wrestlemania 31 where he again lost the even more prestigious title lol

1 Like

Jon Jones hasn’t figured out how to beat Jon Jones at any weight so far. Find a new money horse :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Same here. At the time it felt like we were getting a watered down version of Pride in the US but that 2nd event they did with Diaz/Gomi and Hendo/Wanderlei was a solid card. No Pride US events for me… but I did attend their Press Conference they first did for them and met Fedor and Mike Tyson at the same time. That was a good consolation prize lol

It’s too bad Shane couldn’t have stuck around longer, he had great potential and was entertaining.

I agree with you. I just don’t think he had much impact on the sport or the UFC. He simply wasn’t around long enough.

Brock, his steroids, and the “it’s still real to me damnit” crowd’s money saved the UFC some financial pain. No arguing that.

1 Like

Haha nice yeah it was the Pride press conference in Irvine. We probably walked by each other it was not that giant of a place where it was held.

And that is all true and it was a Wanderlei who was coming out of his prime streak after Cro Cop pretty much ended it first in brutal fashion. If I recall again I don’t think Wanderlei attended the prefight workouts and didn’t look great there preflight. But the show as a whole completely overdelivered what the expectations were at the time.

1 Like

100, 200, 116, 121, all sold over 1 million PPV’s. But sure, Lesnar didn’t make the UFC better or help it out

Brock Lesnar Mma GIF by UFC

3 Likes

In the big picture he did not. Sure he got more viewers for those specific events, but that is not any real lasting change or impact at all.

Well your wrong but that’s ok. We all have weird hills we choose to die on even when wrong

I think Brock helped for ufc to gain some eyes on hw division, he was rly a character while it lasted

1 Like

Really because I’d guess he’s single handedly responsible for at least 25-30% of all current mma fans in the US. Maybe that’s not a good thing lol but he was a legit crossover star and definitely helped grow mma.

1 Like

DryFly is simply wrong lol. He elevated the sport. Just as Chuck/Tito did before him. And just as Ronda and then Conor did after him

2 Likes

Yes? Don Frye and good to elite K-1 guys.

But he also ran like he was being shot at to get away from Shane too. The only reasons Brock won that fight is his head is big too big and carwin blew himself out. You can throw the ref in there for good measure. To Brock’s credit, he did survive and win but it’s not at all like he looked good doing it at any point in that fight. Carwin lost more than Brock won.

2 Likes