Lol @ the UFC HW division

Curtis Blaydes is Brock 2.0

I think Curtis is a way better fighter. He’s a much better stand up fighter than Brock. I’d say Curtis only knock is his chin but the guys that KOd him are Francis and Lewis. Can’t really fault his chin there. Remember Brock had nothing for reem. Stick his sickness up your ass. He had ZERO for Reem at any point. Blaydes massacred reem. It looked like a murder

Brock actually did some smart things from off his back. He defend himself well and never stopped moving

To Brock’s credit no one jumped in to the deep end like he did. At HW too there is just different consequences for failure. And he didn’t have the privilege of testing his skills really on the come up. He was like an old throwback to when fighters just jumped in to test themselves. And considering that he did exceptionally well. Look at Khabibs first 20 opponents and then look at Brock’s 2nd lol.

2 Likes

I’m talking UFC lol but yeah I’m well aware of Mr Nagatas fights with Crocop and Fedor. He was a pro wrestler too with a following in Japan so that was their entertainment.

Fun fact Yuji Nagata was a playable character in the great WCW Revenge video game on the Nintendo 64

2 Likes

Brock fought younger UberReem though, Blaydes fought a much older USADA’ed Overeem. Very different versions of Overeem.

Blaydes is a very skilled and dangerous HW though.

Blaydes wrestled D1 for a year then won a JUCO title and then transitioned to MMA full time. Lesnar achieved a lot more in wrestling.

3 Likes

Bullshit. Ubereem kills any version of him. And modern hws murk ubereem

USADa is what really changed the division let’s face it

1 Like

Yeh let’s juice up and shoot double legs on a legendary kickboxer for a whole fight. Thanks for all the memories Brock pfft

12-3 in the UFC with wins over JDS, Hunt, Overeem, Olyenik, Volkov etc… Blaydes has already achieved a lot more in MMA than a lot of more decorated wrestlers. Just like Oliveira, Mir, Big Nog etc… did vs more decorated BJJ players.

Brock Lesnar Reaction GIF by WWE

4 Likes

It’s strange how the heavyweight division seems to have devolved since Cain and JDS were the champions.

3 Likes

It’s sad. Use to be LOADED

Brock
Carwin
Mir
Big nog
Cain
JDS

Probably forgetting a couple more

Ben rothwell was the chubby guy we use to laugh at but today he’d be considered a very good in shape HW lol

3 Likes

HW Division is in a real rough spot. We might even go over 12 months without a HW Title fight if Francis does like he says and won’t fight til 2023. And once you get passed those top few guys it is an extreme devolution from the Division’s better days

1 Like

Yeah it’s like the division has regressed. It’s a shame

1 Like

It’s strange because I would of thought that if it didn’t improve it would at least stay the same. Though I would of thought heavyweights in 2022 would be more skilled and athletic compared to 2010.

It’s so bizarre to see it devolve like this.

1 Like

All of the good big athletes are in the nfl and nba. Boxing has the same problem. You throw in USADA and it kills the division. Very few guys walking around over 230 natural that aren’t fat.

4 Likes

I use comparisons like the talent level of HWs from TUF 10 to TUF 30 or even the HW Title Fight with Francis vs Gane and how low the level of wrestling and Fight IQ was in it.

The Pride HWs, K1 Tournaments, and the UFC Cain/JDS/Brock era had much deeper talent pools

3 Likes

The USADA testing is a great point actually.

2 Likes

I agree, Francis and Gane are good athletes but they’re both terrible as far as mma skills and fight IQ. Gane will probably end up being really good but he looked pathetic in the fight with Francis. A guy like Tom Erickson would have raped both of them. It was hard to watch.

2 Likes