Lol @ the UFC HW division

That’s very true…

could you imagine during the golden era of the Pride heavyweights that we would eventually end up having what we do in the currently heavyweight division?

Although @Eskimo makes a good point IMHO. Maybe USADA has had more of an impact than we realized at the heavyweight level.

1 Like

I really think it has. Very difficult to train properly for mma at 250lbs without using steroids for recovery. To have the necessary cardio for mma it’s very difficult to maintain the size and strength for heavyweight. All those guys listed from the prime heavyweight era were juiced.

3 Likes

I’d say it was exciting when JDS, Alistair, Cain were around and the right around Frank Mir’s resurgence was happening… yea now it’s kinda stagnant

1 Like

Dude I think you’ve nailed it.

Also in Pride there was no testing at all.

1 Like

Lmfao every HW fight is the same these days. It’s either a first minute KO or it goes the distance cause they’re fat and out of shape :rofl:

Of* not or. Btw

1 Like

Sergei Pavlovich has some potential at least

4 Likes

Aspinal and pavolich are decent and move around like lighter men. They should be top guys for awhile against this current crop of HWs

2 Likes

Every heavyweight ever could demolish the current division.

He’s not even close to the best, not even top 5. He got a GIFT in that they let a fight go on that would have been normally stopped 10 times over, or he would have faded into obscurity even faster.

23 seconds this time

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1601761350945939456?s=46&t=4aLpihtuoZbzRCF1_PAC6A

2 Likes

The hw division is a fucking joke

2 Likes

You know it’s bad when me and RVD agree :joy:

2 Likes

Man pride had the best group of HWs ever and they were all juiced up the their most dangerous selves. It was a good time to be an MMA fan in early 2000s

7 Likes

Pride was before my time unfortunately but I’ve watched some awesome fights on fight pass and YouTube. Cro cop. Fedor. Big Nog. Etc.

I grew up on Frank mir, Lesnar, Carwin, Cain, Werdum, JDS, Couture, etc.

Those were the fucking days man. The HW division use to be so special

5 Likes

Bye bye Francis. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out big man! Good luck on that boxing career :joy::rofl::+1:t2:

1 Like

Last week the former LHW champ finished the former interim HW Champ in 2 minutes. Absorbing no [legal] strikes

How sad

1 Like

Since Ngannou could take and hold Gane down I thought Jones would win but definitely not that easily.

Sad indictment of the heavyweight division post USADA.

1 Like

The heavyweight division is bad. Take Gane and send him back to Pride circa 2000-2005 and he racks up more losses than wins

1 Like

I head very confident JBJ would win. But I certainly didn’t think it’d be in 2 minutes

Proof that the division sucks and Francis should be embarrassed

1 Like