$ Mayweather. 50g's on strippers. justin wren is..

I don't think it should matter if you want to help Pygmy people or displaced kids in norther Ireland or Indians in the rain forest. If you step up for those less fortunate its a good thing. However I did feel strange sending money to Haiti when there were guys starving a mile away Phone Post

It seems like the people who think we should only care for Americans in need are also people who have never spent any significant amount of time with those in severe need around the world. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

I get the post, but why single out Floyd?  He's probably not even in the top 50 richest guys in Vegas.

Great post. TTT

lol @ the OP not mentioning a single one of the charities Floyd gives too.

Selective outrage much?

DiscipleDojo - 

It seems like the people who think we should only care for Americans in need are also people who have never spent any significant amount of time with those in severe need around the world. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

I don't really know how people dying in Africa from lack of necessities is any more severe than people in the U.S. dying from lack of them also. Perhaps i am wrong though.

Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 

I don't really know how people dying in Africa from lack of necessities is any more severe than people in the U.S. dying from lack of them also. Perhaps i am wrong though.

Because they die on a MUCH larger scale, MUCH younger in general, from EASILY PREVENTABLE causes, and don't have things like food pantries and urban outreach centers in every major city.

The scale and severity of poverty in America cannot even begin to compare to the poverty in India, Kenya or the Philippines (I'm sure there are other places that could be added to this list, but these are the only three I've spend significant time in). Justin would likely add the DRC to this list as well.

BTW, Jason, if you haven't seen it you, you need to check out the film "Machine Gun Preacher." I think you'll resonate strongly with many of the themes in it.

http://youtu.be/d3VOVu4eMwI

DiscipleDojo - 
Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 

Because they die on a MUCH larger scale, MUCH younger in general, from EASILY PREVENTABLE causes, and don't have things like food pantries and urban outreach centers in every major city.

The scale and severity of poverty in America cannot even begin to compare to the poverty in India, Kenya or the Philippines (I'm sure there are other places that could be added to this list, but these are the only three I've spend significant time in). Justin would likely add the DRC to this list as well.

I do admire Justin and all the others who donate their time and money to charitable causes wherever they are located. The only thing that irritates me is when people try to act like they are more noble because they are helping people in Africa than say right here at home in the U.S. or whatever country they are from. I guess it is just more fashionable to do so just like Brad and Angelina could have adopted a needy child of any race or background right at home but it wouldn't make for a good headline or video on youtube.

Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 
Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 

I do admire Justin and all the others who donate their time and money to charitable causes wherever they are located. The only thing that irritates me is when people try to act like they are more noble because they are helping people in Africa than say right here at home in the U.S. or whatever country they are from. I guess it is just more fashionable to do so just like Brad and Angelina could have adopted a needy child of any race or background right at home but it wouldn't make for a good headline or video on youtube.

That's a totally valid point, man. And I do agree that it's not "more noble" by any means. If someone is helping ANYONE in true need then that's a good thing. I was mainly responding to the "don't-help-other-countries-until-everyone-in-America-is-helped-first" mentality that seemed to be coming through in some of the posts on here. In terms of pure numeric need and level of poverty, there is indeed a greater need in many parts of the world outside the U.S. And I believe whenever people have been exposed to it firsthand, their perspective has changed somewhat (if not drastically).

This is not to denigrate those who are called to, and passionate about focusing their efforts stateside though. Helping whoever we are able whenever we are able to the degree we are able is what matters most. But when it comes to foreign and domestic charity work, I believe both are needed and neither should be dismissed or criticized when done genuinely and effectively.

DiscipleDojo - 
Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 
Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 

That's a totally valid point, man. And I do agree that it's not "more noble" by any means. If someone is helping ANYONE in true need then that's a good thing. I was mainly responding to the "don't-help-other-countries-until-everyone-in-America-is-helped-first" mentality that seemed to be coming through in some of the posts on here. In terms of pure numeric need and level of poverty, there is indeed a greater need in many parts of the world outside the U.S. And I believe whenever people have been exposed to it firsthand, their perspective has changed somewhat (if not drastically).

This is not to denigrate those who are called to, and passionate about focusing their efforts stateside though. Helping whoever we are able whenever we are able to the degree we are able is what matters most. But when it comes to foreign and domestic charity work, I believe both are needed and neither should be dismissed or criticized when done genuinely and effectively.

Good post and i agree. Sorry if i came off as offensive earlier.

ElChupacabra1982 - 
DiscipleDojo - 
Jacinto - 
DiscipleDojo - 

The kids here shouldn't be dying AT ALL in my opinion. We are supposed to be the richest, most powerful country in the world. Why the fuck are so many people suffering here? What the fuck is going on?

Fuck it, we already sent all our jobs overseas... Lets send all our money too, lets build up the rest of the world while our country turns to shit!

We should be taking care of our own before we go on crusades to save the rest of the world.

I'm sorry but I'd rather help out my neighbor then some stranger in another part of the world that I'll never meet. If I help my neighbor, he might comeback and help me if I ever need it....

I'm not saying helping other countries is a bad thing. Helping people period is a good thing. I think Americans should be the number one priority and that is all I'm going to say on this matter....

If your best friend and extended family lived in another part of the world I believe you would think differently.

However, for the sake of discussion, what determines "another part of the world?" Should we help people in need in Alaska...a place that is farther than Haiti or Mexico...if so, why? They are strangers to most people in "another part of the world", aren't they? What I mean is, given the fact that the VAST majority Americans are and will always be "some stranger in another part of the world" rather than your "neighbor", why do you draw the line at our nation's border rather than at your own state's border...or your own city...or your own neighborhood? Do you see what I'm saying? Nationality is a pretty arbitrary criteria when it comes to assessing need or priority of access to aid. So why is that the extent of your concern rather than just your own circle of relationships?

Not trying to debate...just trying to raise questions I believe are worth thinking through for all of us.

No worries, Jacinto. I don't take online debates/discussions personally. It's a good topic that is worth discussing and listening to one another's views on. I do feel ya on what you're saying and want to affirm it while at the same time affirming the spirit of Jason's original post in terms of how wasteful we are as a culture even when faced with real need.

Personally, in my own opinion, giving $100 billion to charity still wouldn't justify dropping $50K at a strip club. But I'm not the one who makes the final call on who managed what and how in this life that they were given. I believe all wealth is fleeting and we are called to be faithful stewards of what we have--though that will always look different for different people.

It reminds me of a famous passage in the Bible (I know many people here don't give a rip about the Bible and I'm not preaching or trying to convert anyone by posting it...I just think it's a perfect illustration of the point I'm attempting to make):

"Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins.

Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.”  (Mark 12:41-44)

In other words, it's not the AMOUNT one gives that determines one's level of generosity...it's the sacrificial nature of giving that does so.

Jason Reinhardt - in Africa in the Congo Jungle helping Pigmy's who are being denied medical care and left to die because they don't have the $15 (yes $15 for medicine) These poor human beings are turned away because the pigmys are looked at as half human/half Animal. WTF. Ya, that's what i said. And yes, for a measly $15 bucs, medicine would have saved the life of a little 1 year old boy who UFC fighter Justin Wren recently helped bury. For this one story, there's hundreds.
Floyd, I'm not judging you, and you probably won't even see this, but i just saw where you spent $50,000 grand at a strip club having fun. (which is your right)
I was just wondering if you would be willing to spend a fraction of what you spent in the strip club the other night in order to help UFC figther Justin Wren on his mission in Africa to help save the forgotten people....the Pigmy's. Do some research like i did. I was shocked and discusted.
Thanks, Jason Reinhardt

Hey bro I haven't even gotten to thank you for the post on the other thread... But thank you for the props there and here! I greatly appreciate it. Maybe you can come on my next trip either in Dec. I gotta check my calendar or the summer.

Working with some incredible people, and I am about to start my own foundation. One thing I'm PUMPED about is that I already have a seal of "financial accountability" for charities that you have to WORK to get for a minimum of 18 months! I am coming under an umbrella of a nonprofit that are only going to handle receiving the donations, I get to see everyone of them and then they file the tax info and everything! It's a HIGHER standard of financial accountability than the IRS requires so that way it's PROVING the Pygmies are truly going to benefit :-) Phone Post

Voted up OP.

Thank God for the Justin Wrens of this world.

ElChewbaka & Jacinto too...

Let me ask you guys  a question that isn't suppose to be offensive, but it might be to both of you.

What do you do to help? Do you at all? Like really help... not just like give a buck to a homeless dude once a year.

You both are extremely opinionated like some others I know... In these recent weeks of getting back I've noticed that the majority of the people that say identical things to you... Judge, and judge... And judge but never DO anything. It's similar to a bunch of armchair quarterbacks who have never played a game in their life... Or, they played jr varsity so now they can hurl judgements over the coaches and players in the pro's... 

When you very strongly say "Help America!" do you realize in the way you say it you seem to imply don't help anyone else? Humans are humans... To say you don't care about Pygmies means you obviously don't know their situation. The WORST situation in the US can't compare to their norm. I just buried a 1 & 1/2 year old whose cure (medicine) cost LESS than $5 and was turned away from hospital treatment because he was said to be an ANIMAL! ($15 woulda been max for hospitalization but he just needed ONE PILL) 

ONE PILL less than $5
One casket $50 (paid by me)

I paid TEN TIMES more to BURY him than to SAVE him because I got there 30 minutes too late from the doctors who said they wouldn't let an animal receive treatment. Really? Americans have it as bad here? That is ignorance. What American gets turned away from treatment? Docs watch infants die here bc of not enough money or the thought that the infant is half animal?  Have a more HONEST assessment of the word "need" 

Need is a hard word for Americans to define properly though. 

(continued... Had to do two post)

Three part scale of influence... 

A thought in your head might be... Why doesn't Justin help people in America, what a waste, how "unamerican." 

By the way is it "unamerican" to help people in Africa? Mexico? Asia? Europe?  Isn't that what makes up America?

I have volunteered a significant amount of time with the homeless, so much so I've helped with the homeless multiple days in Vegas, NYC... And more time in Denver, Dallas & Fort Worth.

I had to go through training and testing at the Denver Children's Hospital to become and official volunteer there. I organized three Grudge Fight team visits with guys like Brendan, Coach T, Carwin, Ludwig and many others... I also spent about one day a week volunteering my time. 

I've given hopefully encouraging messages at over SEVENTY prisons and to thousands of inmates around the country... In July I was on the same maximum security unit as Charles Manson, I could see his cell. (I didn't get to speak with him)

I have volunteered locally once a week for 3 years now with high school kids for 3 hours at a time. 

I also have done missions/aid work in Kenya, Tanzania, Haiti, The Domincan Republic, Rwanda, Uganda (twice) and Eastern DRC (Congo, Twice). I discovered real need there... And decided yet again... At 25 years old and completely able and capable to fight (which I want to again) hold off yet another year of my career to hopefully focus on a passion for the Pygmy people. 

Everything in my post above I have never once gained money, and at most of them spent my own money, sometimes significantly more than I maybe "should" or could have. 

This isn't to pat myself on the back but to state something I think you should know as hopefully an encouragement to you... To inspire you to get off your butt and do something. And if you are helping already, then I hope this can give you perspective  to the way I've started thinking. 

We as Americans (made up of people for MANY NATIONS from around the world.) are the richest nation on the planet... (Although the most depressed bc materialism doesn't bring true joy. Things like real relationships do.) But as the richest (materially) we have the resources to HELP on a three part scale. 

Locally
Nationally
Internationally 

My question for you is are you doing something? Because if you aren't... Mankind needs you. A person in need, needs you... A lot more than sitting on the computer judging. No offense... They may be out your back door in your alley or a dumpster... They may be needing encouragement at the hospital down the street... Or they may need drastic help in the second largest jungle in the world.

It's unhuman... Unhumane to sit there and do nothing. 

Hopefully this is an encouragement and not condemning! Have a good night homies. Best wishes. 

^^^^ Wow.

mmavixen -

^^^^ Wow.

Good? Bad?

Would like to know your input. Phone Post

I saw you fight in Omaha, NE after TUF. Your opponent was a beast and I told my father that it wouldn't be close and that you'd dominate.

This is more inspiring by far. Phone Post