MMA in NY in 2011 - Act NOW

Jim, you can throw out school yard insults, you can critic my spelling and typos, you can try and twist what I say, but you understand perfectly what I'm saying.

Face it, if I said the earth was round you'd join the flat earth society and start a thread about it.

Ultimately, neither this thread nor the letter writing campaign really amounts to a hill of beans. We'll get stuck with whatever politics dictates. I guess I should realize most people don't see shades of gray, but it still amazes me from time to time

MSG is the boxing mecca of the universe. it's got nothing to do with anything other than a few ancient relics not wanting MMA to piss all over that

siouxNYC - 

this is gold. after all the years that you argued that the what the commission said was gospel and you railed against the UCL, to see you post that... pure gold. when forum member "jumpkick" reads what you wrote he might die of laughter!

TTT for the irony

lkfmdc - Sambosteve appears (don't want to put words in his mouth) to believe that any bill that makes MMA legal is a good one.

Don't want to put words in my mouth, but you will anyway...LOL. Nice doublespeak Ross.

lkfmdc - 
But politics being what it is, especially in this state, no bill is ever that simple. So, again, I'd rather see things the way they are now than a potential blank check for a commission with a sorted background

So, I guess you won't be sending in a letter...

after all these years, i still find david ross amusing. remember when he used to hold himself out as an expert on mma and a trainer of mma champions? ah, the good old days...

SamboSteve - 

That's a great guess there Steve! But maybe you can find some other cause that I will find interesting....

It was a nice little PR thing for you though, wasn't it?

Jim Genia, you can try and twist the truth all you want, well, some people will believe you, it is the internet after all... but I'm not anti-MMA in the least, I've been actively involved in the community for years and deep down inside you know I do have a point Re this lame bill

You have neither a point nor a valid argument. I know this both on the surface and deep down inside.

Jim Genia, you always have to have the last word, don't you?

LOL, well, dude, you know the bill is crap, but like I said, you just can't agree with me on anything... how are those flat earth meetings going?

-jk

Anil Melwani, don't ruin Jim's chance to have the last word....

Anil Melwani, don't ruin Jim Genia's chance to have the last word

David Ross, you keep saying I know the bill is crap, but your time would be better served improving what you know. Trying to put words in other peoples' mouths does not an informed opinion make.

There you go Jim, you got the last word, feels good, doesn't it!

lkfmdc - 
SamboSteve - 

That's a great guess there Steve! But maybe you can find some other cause that I will find interesting....

Like St. Jude's for example?

lkfmdc -It was a nice little PR thing for you though, wasn't it?

Right...nobody could possibly have intentions of supporting something without it being a PR stunt.

David, I think you will find after a thourough inspection of the language in the bill that your belief that the commission will have power over the form and exectution of Cardio Kickboxing in the state of NY is without foundation.  Your gym appears safe so why all the bother.  Relax. 

I love when sambosteve wraps himself in righteous indignation

keep "killing them with kindness" steve

But really, you guys are ruining it for Jim, he likes to have the last word....

lkfmdc - There you go Jim, you got the last word, feels good, doesn't it!

no, it feels quite hollow now that i'm reminded about the times you held those kickboxing shows that were supposed to be for charity, but instead you kept all the money. sad, sad times.

Jim, is that all you got? That LIE

Really Jim, you were doing so well, now this act of desperation