new amatuer mma rules for ga...

I gave them a pair and they are the CSI model 501.

EdHsu in essence the state is adopting NJ rules, we will wait and see what happens .

I'm with Silhouette....I'm an amateur fighter in GA, and not once have I ever heard another fighter say the rules needed to be changed.

Not only are these rules not needed, they will cause the GA fight scene to CRASH. Promoters and sanctioning bodies in GA will also take a big hit because ammys will go elsewhere to fight.

Yes these AM/PRO fights will move to Bama where its legal and not sanctioned and TN in the next 60-90 days if it passes legislature and becomes legal, these will pick up the slack and the revenue and on top of that they will more than likely also have the bigger promotions comming to their state.

Silhouette i agree with everything ur sayin 100% i was looking to having my first fight very soon and i was very content with the rules that r already in place..with the new rules it will be like a glorified sparring event. very boring to watch imo....in georgia everyone is aware and very content with the rules we already have...

the new rules have not been passed yet.

Cahones - are you training now that you are back in Charleston? email me at hiptoss3pt@hotmail.com.

Casey - I'm with you bro, it's not news that the promoters make money off the ammy fighters, but some of the fighters do it for the competition, etc and not the money. There maybe some that will criticize us for being stupid and taking risk for no payment, but that's an opinion and "opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one"... Best of luck at the meeting, I wish I could make it........

Jason

Canuck, nice post, except headgear is NOT mentioned in the law at all, it's another "red herring" like so many mis-informed statemetns that have already been made in regards to this issue

Howeer, you observations about people who want to try out fighting, and differences in other sports between amateur and pro were 100% on the target

JHG do you we know each other??

Canuck here is the point MMA is not Thai or Boxing. And it should not be treated as such headgear is the absolute dumbest thing for MMA. It's not needed. Not being a dick but if you need headgear to fight then stick to ammy thai boxing, MMA may not be for you...I know im sounded like a prick that is not my intention. Even thogh headgear is not in the proposed rules. but shinguards and 7 ozs gloves are dumb enough.

Manfromyard, In GA we are sactioned under ISCF mostly and the IFL has already came here. The ISCF sanctions all of the IFL events now i believe. Where are you from and do you train or fight? My guess is you dont know a damn thing about the GA fight scence or the behind the scenes part of MMA with all your uneducated statements. Let us fight they way we want to.

Guys, headgear is NOT one of the proposed rules. I listed them on the last page.

JHG, you've got mail.

"I just don't get it. If you guys do it for the challenge and competiton, why not go pro since the rules nowdays are almost exactly the same? The same competition and you get a couple bucks!"

You dont get it so whats your point here?? Some fighters dont have the time to put in the neccasary training to go pro or have no desire to. Most have jobs and families and dont want to go straight to pro, but they still want a fight, not a glorified sparring session. We are ammys to get the experience, at our level, most pros in GA are top level guys that could compete in a lot of the big shows and a lot of them are moving up to the big shows here lately. The competition is not the same it is at another level, I think im one of the guys on the edge. The ammy scence helps you get your game tighter and improve your skills.

The rules are close yes this is to help with the transition from ammy to pro. Ammy we cant elbow and have shorter rounds. Also fights are stopped quicker if your in trouble.

"Let us fight the way we want to"

If you want to fight under pro rules, why don't you just turn professional and fight under those rules?

What benefit do you have fighting under the same pro rules, with no payment, no compensation, no required medicals (ie not the same safety measures)?

Pretty simple question that no one ever bothers to answer

The rules are not the same, and GA does require Medical Insurance for ammys. I dont mind turnin pro because i came up in with similar rules and have had great trainers but there is many fighters who are not ready. This bitching is not just for me there are many others who will be affected.

Yea I am being a dick, People who dont know shit, are tryin to screw with something I love. Many people will be affected by this and if enough of us stand up we will make a difference. People who dont know shit about our sport are ruining it so they can make money. That the whole point of the boxing commision tryin to take over. The money the boxing commision has been talking about this for years, I have sat in and listened to them admit to bein uneducated on MMA. So yes im pissed off and a lot of other GA folk are pissed as well.

Its not boxing but safty is #1. You look at boxers and some have 100-200 am. fights. That would be great for mma imo. We would get very talented pros. with lots of ring/fight experince. They could start competing at a very early age, like boxing.

Pro and ammy are different skill levels, Why do some college athletes stay in school? Because they are not ready. They need the experience and extra time to develop their skills

georgia produces some of the best mma fighters....and with these new rules i c the credentials of ga's fighters going down hill and the popularity of mma here in ga goin down as well...bad move imo

manfromyard you are wrong they would go to those states over GA, and as of right now the UFC will not be comming to the peach state, the IFL might be reconsidering its position about comming here again.

i agree with cahones01. the transition shouldnt be harder. the competition should be harder. these new rules turn amatuer mma into a different sport.

having fought amatuer in georgia i can say that the rules are excellent just the way they are now. these rules are the reason georgia has alot of amatuers as well. if this is passed we are going to see a ton of fighters skip amatuer and go pro because they dont want to spar they want to fight

^^^^There is a very successful pro supporting us. People need to understaned we got it right here in GA. His brother also came up in the GA fight scence and he anit to bad either. We have bad ass fighters for a reason.

Yea but add 7 ozs gloves and shinpads, no knees to the head, no head contact on the ground, and what do you call that??

A crock of shit you say, if you dont want risk a concussion or broken nose dont fight. This sport is not for someone who is worried about getting hit. With all the added protection yes it will be a glorified sparring seesion. I dont care who you KO'ed with headgear on. Headgear if for training and Boxers, not for MMA. Damn Canknucklehead.