Nick Diaz Return This Year ? Promising Says Dana

So that means it has to be Condit, Lawler or Masvidal? :roll_eyes:

He should only come back for Nick vs. Nate.

He should fight Mas or Cowboy or Diego.

But knowing the UFC they’ll match him up for slaughter against #14 ranked Sean Brady.

well…he’s not gonna fight Colby and be held for 5 rounds. He’s not gonna fight Burns, not big enough name. I wouldnt mind the Wonderboy fight…but lets be honest…the fight that makes sense is those 3 from his “generation” of fighters.

who would you rather see him fight that makes sense?

Nate Diaz

Nick Diaz vs Gaethje @ 170lbs. Come at me bro.

Well first off let’s stop looking for “fights that make sense”. I dont even know what that means. As for who he should fight, dont really care as long as it’s not someone he already fought.

“fights that make sense” is a common phrase used by Dana. It usually means fan friendly, marketable, and non-disruptive with respect to the divisional rankings.

Not to hijack this and focus on a little thing, but when you say it’s a common phrase and then say used by dana is weird. How common is it if only one guy is known for saying it? Seriously though, Nick’s situation of returning after all these years with his last loss being a title fight with GSP shows that nothing about his return makes sense. To be honest, knowing how Nick is you really need to just ask him who he wants to fight and go from there.

1 Like

There was a time where Dana used to post here directly himself. So many of us here, the old UG guard, plus his million-ish followers on Twitter I’m sure are familiar with the phrase. It’s common in that sense. Perhaps not common in the “self-evident” sense.

Just for kicks I ventured over to Twitter. Apparently Dana White has 5.6 million followers. Seems like a big number to me, but what do I know. Fuck Twitter.

Perhaps he just needs a couple of fights to finish out his contract with Dana/UFC. Once fulfilled, he can negotiate with other promotions for “one-off” fights, should there be interest.

1 Like

He is easily the most interesting fighter on the roster. Everyone wants to see him, his return will be fucking epic. And he beats the shit out of Mas, Nate would have won against Mas if the ref hadn’t stopped it.

1 Like

Has it been said that he’ll be fighting at WW? couldnt it be MW?

It will be WW. Nick ain’t fighting no damn giant!

War Diaz

lol @ the soy boys crying about him

3 Likes

Nick is a soy boy…seriously.

1 Like

Really hope I don’t get my excitement ripped apart by Nick wilting in the 1st

Go home dinkeldorf, you’re drunk.

Wz8GIs7x_400x400

1 Like

Nate would have stopped him. The tides were turning

I am Diaz fan, but I just don’t care if Nick fights again.