Nickal, most anticipated UFC debut since when?

Which makes the end result of his ufc run even more disappointing

Yeah I
Was beyond hyped to see Askren in the ufc and I remember watching the Lawler fight and feeling a sense of dread and thinking “oh man, if Ben doesn’t tighten his game up a few notches pretty quickly then he is going to have a miserable time” and yeah

1 Like

You know youre right, I’ve just always had a hardon for the Shipp-Wiezorek fight.

1 Like

Askren not only beats but finishes Lawler and then this guy.

The ghost of Robbie Lawler

Whatever mate, definitely the worst haha

CM Punk was the biggest no matter how undeserved.

And then dana fucks up with legit champs like ngannou. disgraceful

2 Likes

Nickal won POTN for his debut tonight.

Grasso, Rak…ov, and Ricci deserved bonuses

Grasso got POTN too and Rak got FOTN.

Jones got POTN too.

This right here. I feel like we should still be waiting for Pico to debut for all the hype on him.

Also, was not impressed with Nickel. Took him way too long to submit that turtle.

That was the most bullshit submission stoppage ever

Meh, generic pasty white guy who wrestlefucks….a dime a dozen imo.

1 Like

I know you just troll the UG/OG and are not serious but some of the Nickal haters on here are just clueless.

1 Like

Not quite the level of hype as Nickal, Lesnar, Askren and a few others, but Dave “The Soul Assassin” Terrell was hyped pretty good. I know I was looking forward to his debut and inevitable rise to champion…

True but man… in that era, debuting in the UFC at UFC 49… the UFC was so small then in 2004, I guess it felt big to us at the time but the attendance for UFC 49 was barely bigger than the attendance for the weigh ins at 285 on Friday.

I looked up the gate for 49…the gate was 12x bigger last night and 49 supposedly only sold 80k PPV’s and you figure they sold probably around 900k-1.2M last night.

Even just a replay of Nickal’s 2nd Contender Series fight that the UFC put on youtube has 865k views and who knows how many people globally watched it live on Fight Pass. That was just to built up the hype for his big UFC debut last night.

Things were just so small back then even if they felt big to us.

3 Likes

I hope Nickal comes more impressive next time.

1 Like

CroCop and the rest of the Pride guys.

The 1st time Anderson Silva was rumored to fight in the UFC vs Matt Hughes was pretty exciting.

Frank Shamrock was a highly anticipated one too.
Bas as well