Official UFC 281 Thread (prelims 6pm, Main Card 10pm)

Khazat tough guy gangster against dwarfs.

Good stoppage. Adesanyas hands were down and more swaying from his legs wobbling than actually trying to defend

1 Like

I wanted Pereira to win but I thought it was 100% early stoppage. Izzy was likely fucked he was rocked and probably going to get knocked out but he was still actively moving his head trying to get out of the way of the punches. Early stoppage.

6 Likes

Maybe he can do that to big guys too. We’ll find out soon hopefully

You cannot stop a title fight like that.

Simple as that.

5 Likes

Glover is wild, lol.

5 Likes

Did you have money on Adesanya?

I wanted Izzy to lose but I think it was stopped early. I’m not arguing Izzy would’ve come back. My argument is the champ needs to be given every chance and the only clear way in that moment was him going out.

We just disagree I guess. I’m not arguing, just a differing opinion. I’m out of upvotes otherwise I’d have upvoted all of your posts.

6 Likes

Because I call fights like I see them and don’t get emotionally invested?

1 Like

just-bleed

1 Like

Izzy was not given much of a chance. He got rocked, made it out of the initial onslaught. The second storm came and he was surviving that one even better than the first. One of the worst stoppages I’ve ever seen, especially for a title fight

3 Likes

He was Turing Izzy into a human punching bag. He wasn’t defending and taking shots to the dome

3 Likes

Where was that ref for Brock vs. Carwin?

1 Like

Izzy would have come back does not have to be an arguement. The stoppage should just be 100% definitive. That’s it. 99.99% he would been done anyhow but that is not a good reason to stop it when it was.

1 Like

I said in the above post he was surviving the second onslaught even better than the first. The last camera angle shows he was looking up at Alex and was seeing the punches. He would have circled out of there and been fine. Wasn’t given a chance

“Leave no questions.”

2 Likes

He was defending and moving which is why Alex missed most of the final punches. Look Alex would have 99.99999% finished it anyhow. But that was not a good point to seal it.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

Look at the replay. He’s literally slipping punches