Olympic Wrestling Trials coming up!

Jesus Christ - that was practice

Freestyle is so fuckin gay on the ground Jesus Christ

Shush, child.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the videos, Stu Cazzo. Dake is running through the tournament. I’m not sure how what we saw transfers to JB, though. Dake is running through people with upper body attacks and arm drags. I’m not sure we’ve seen JB susceptible to either over the years. (Although, we have been Dake bomb him a few times).

Should be great. Hopefully the coverage isn’t a mess.

Still wondering whether J’Den might appeal further and end up in a Lindland type situation.

Actually, I take back a bit of what I said. I think JB should fear Dake’s drags right now. He can hit those off JB’s shots.

I’d be surprised (though not shocked) if Dake can bully him upper body like he did to Wick and Nolf.

Dake looks ready. Like badass, this is my time, ready. He may not beat JB, but this is the version of Dake that has had zero trouble with the field (what the hell happened to Martinez???), and looks as hungry as any wrestler can be.

Also, how bout McKenna, eh? I love that kid and he’s giving the workman finger to the field.

Fuck that Cox shit. That’s crazy. Russia wouldn’t play Guedeuv or any of their guys that way. What the fuck. Our current best wrestler of the last 3 years just gets vanished, same with Suriano. If Covid fucks with shit, let buddy back in. Also, 57 shows that Lee was the creme of the crop, and fuck cover for bouncing the best version of lee out of last year’s trials.

Finally, Nickal is a monster. (someone slap him again for passing on a shot at a world title in 2019. Buddy can toss anyone. I don’t think he takes Taylor, but he’s got as good a shot as anyone in the world (including Yazdani). It’d be nice if wrestling let the top 2 seeds at least into the field.

Whatever, this Olympic trials has been nuts. Probably more nuts than the actual Olympics.

1 Like

Nick Lee over Zain. Didn’t expect that

wow, Nick Lee up 8-0 on Yianni after 1

the dake-JB series will be awesome.Been following Dakes career since he was in HS He won small school states There was another guy his weight Steve Dutton who went to Michigan Question was who was better ,Dutton was a 3 time state champ He had a good career at Michigan but Dake is among the best wrestlers Ive ever seen.Im hoping and think he will beat Burroughs…Was hoping Yianni would win.Aruojo is from the next town over from me and met his dad a few times Illl be rooting for him for sure

Yianni didn’t look his heart was in it

I prefer the trials than the actual Olympics because Ive seen most of the wrestlers wrestle prior to the trials

@Winston_Wolf, I remember Dutton. Was he Michigan or Central Michigan? He wasn’t bad. We might have wrestled at Midlands. Can’t remember.

@John_Dougherty Yianni looked distraught after the Oliver loss. I’ve been in rare company in being worried that Yianni peaked early and that his style (can I type $tyle?) set a lower ceiling than people expected. That prediction is looking not bad. I hope I’m ultimately wrong. He seems like a great kid.

I didn’t think much of Lee until NCAAs. He hit what might have been the best reshot I have EVER seen (even though he didn’t finish it.) The positioning showed somebody with a positional understanding that is as good as it gets.

I will say, though, Lee probably will never have a better mental advantage over Yianni and Zain than he did last night. They both expected to make the team and were likely heartbroken. Lee might not have and have the motivation to make his name as an elite US wrestler.

@Winston_Wolf There’s a nice example of exposure without control in the Lee-Zain match. This link should come with a time stamp. https://youtu.be/R1NRTrtcFFA?t=92

wiggim i just saw that match and thought the same thing.Im watching them on you tube now.

Duttton was Michigan and another school may have been centrel as well…Think he came in 6th one year But was 3x NY state Big school champ and Dake was same weight small school in high school

Dutton was in the Midlands I recall…One of the best at the time from my area

Can’t wait for finals!!

USA!!!

1 Like

a lot of the matches uploaded here