Olympic Wrestling Trials coming up!

Is it just me or does it feel like wrestling and the followers of wrestling has seen an increase the past few years yeah?

Not on here.

NBC Sports is absolutely terrible. Why can’t they jump mats?

2 Likes

there is no live coverage on Peacock? WTF?

edit: apparently mat 3 is on nbcsports.com

Terrible coverage. Worst ever. I only have access to the TV mat. Can’t get the other mats. Missed Gable/Gwiz and Gilman/Arujau.

Dake beats Burroughs in a slow match. Dake took zero shots and never got put on the clock.

got it on now who won gillman or aroujo ?

Gilman by fall. Vito down by 5 went for a throw and got stuck

Snyder looks good

Time for Gable to punch his ticket.

when it comes to USA Wrestling, I put all my college and personal favorites to the side and just want the BEST guys we can put out there.

1 Like

Daaaaaaake!!! Yes yes yes yes!!!

He won??

1 Like

Burroughs did absolutely nothing in either match. He deserves to watch the Olympics.

1 Like

Happy to see Dake get his chance, but fuck I feel bad for JB

1 Like

He was in on a double - got nothing out of it.

Dake didn’t take a real shot in either match. JB at least shot. What a shitty comment about America’s greatest active wrestler.

It’s ok to be passive if it’s enough to win. The onus is on the wrestler losing right ? Tom of respect for JB but from what I can tell no urgency

Yeah. I agree. Burroughs has beaten Dake before with a similar approach, funny enough. I don’t think there is a moral virtue in match strategy. You do what the rules allow you to do to win. The refs didn’t make Dake work, so he didn’t have to.

What bothers me was SecondBase’s comment about JB deserving not to compete in the Olympics. Burroughs is a 5 times world/Olympic champion and the best representative of the sport we have.

I slightly disagree that he had no urgency. He did get in on deep shots. I think he had a confidence issue that might come with getting older. He was afraid to “take a chance” and make moves to finish the takedowns on which he got deep because he feared Dake bombing him.

JB is one of the all time greats…But Im glad for Dake he worked hard to get to where he is