Post Your Workout Tunes

Band & track title.

Here's my current mix; mostly just tracks I haphazzardly threw together a while back on my MP3 player:

RATM - Wake Up (Matrix Soundtrack)

RATM - Bombtrack

Megadeth - Blackmail the Universe

Megadeth - Kick the Chair

Toadies - I Come From the Water

Metallica - Wasting My Hate

Metallica - Prince Charming

Velvet Revolver - Slither

Green Day - J.A.R.

Killswitch Engage - Fixation on the Darkness

Alice in Chains - What the Hell Have I

Foo Fighters - All My Life

Eminem - Till I Collapse

POD - Boom

Lately, it's been Real McKenzies, Dropkick Murphys, Exploited, Blood for Blood, Stiff Little Fingers, Street Dogs, Ducky Boys, Stars & Stripes, Hudson Falcons, Minor Threat, just basically guitar-based up-tempo stuff.

I used to listen to hip-hop a lot when I worked out, but the whole culture's so degenerate and ridiculous that I can't listen to that shit anymore. I can't get behind the worldview it glorifies. :(

SDriver - any specfic tracks from those groups that come to mind? Stuff that really gets you in the groove?

Let's see, off the top of my head ...

Real McKenzies -- Scots Wha Hae, Tae the Battle

Dropkick Murphys -- Devil's Brigade, This is Your Life

Exploited -- Don't Forget the Chaos, Dogs of War

Blood for Blood -- White Trash Anthem, Some Kind of Hate

Stiff Little Fingers -- Wasted Life, Nobody's Hero

Street Dogs -- You Alone, Strike a Blow

Ducky Boys -- Crumbling Heart, Break Me

Stars & Stripes -- Shaved for Battle, Proud Strong and Free

Hudson Falcons -- Different Breed, Loyalty

Some of the stuff, like Exploited or Stars & Stripes, is kinda goofy, but it's good for working out. I'm not a music critic, so I don't know if it's hardcore, oi!, streetpunk, whatever by some geek's definition, but it works for me.

This also isn't all I listen to 24/7.

Good stuff, SDriver. I'm downloading a few of those now.

TTT for more workout mix.

• Savage

For the past few months I've been regressing back to early 90's grunge (soundgarden, AIC, smashing pumpkins, etc.) makes me feel like i'm in high school again

BTW, every time I see your nick I think "Nibble Savage?!"

LOL @ Nibble Savage!!

It's kind of a throwback to the days when you were limited to 10 characters for a screen name. It's actually a shortened version of "Noble Savage" which is a nickname I got in high school after falling asleep in a philosophy class.

Andes has some good material listed. Soundgarden's "Outshined" is one of my favorite tunes for deadlifting day.

TTT for more workout tunes!!!

U2 - with or without you

This song seem to get me through my sticking points, especially when Bono starts wailing at the end.

DEFTONES

ROB ZOMBIE

SOIL

AUDIOSLAVE

DISTURBED

METALLICA

ttt

The Pixies get me going, especially Something Against You. On the flip side, a rap group by the name of Atmosphere also kicks ass. Paul Oakenfold, Judge Jules, Dropkick Murphys (especially Do Or Die), System of a Down times 1000. Sometimes though I put a white noise track on repeat. Helps to tune everything out and fucking focus.

Dropkick murphys -Riot tonight

Children of Bodom, Hatebreed, Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Cradle of Filth, Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Unearth.

Fuck yeah, i second Unearth. Some songs are a little too metal for me to workout too though.

Norma Jean

Throwdown

Dillinger Escape Plan

Enjoy :)

-doug-

try 'On Broken Wings' too.

-doug-

Senser-Whats goin on.

Doubledrive-Frieght train.

Fozzy-All that remains.

Gary Hoey-Desire.

Kazzer-Pedal to the metal.

Thornly-Come again.

Atomship-Pencil fight.

Thornly-Easy comes.

Thornly-So far so good.

Slayer-Bloodline.

Atomship-Friends.

Damage Plan-Save me.

Refused-New noise.

Prodigy-Smack my bitchup.

BLS-Suicide Messiah.

Funeral for a friend-Moments forever faded.

Fozzy-Enemy.

Senser-Stubborn.

Scum of the earth-I am the scum.

Jimmys Chicken Shack-High.

Fozzy-Nameless.

Crystal Method-Name of the game.

dark tranquillity (the song "lost to apathy" just gets me going for cardio or lifing), the haunted, arch enemy, die cast, in flames, bleeding through and shadows fall. Oh and some chimaira and trivium too.

I should put some Unearth in there too but can't find my disc.

Then my wife comes in puts on pete yorn and UB40. Lol thats when I usually call it quits.

Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility are totally awesome. I also love Trivium.

" Arch Enemy and Dark Tranquility are totally awesome. I also love Trivium."

right on! another metal head :)