PRIDE WW GP Fights Announced

"Wreck him? He has lost split decisions to Arona and Henderson. He lost a debatable decision to Rampage. He might not be top ten but i dont see anyone in his weightclass "wrecking" him"

a) Arona was a unanimous decision.

b) The Hendo fight was long ago, Hendo is much better now while Ninja has stagnated.

c) Compare Ninja/Rampage with Silva/Rampage and Shogun/Rampage, you can see there is a massive gap in talent level there.

d) Perhaps "wreck" was too strong. I softened the language to "beat decisively".

Does anyone else find Filho boring?

") Arona was a unanimous decision.

b) The Hendo fight was long ago, Hendo is much better now while Ninja has stagnated.

c) Compare Ninja/Rampage with Silva/Rampage and Shogun/Rampage, you can see there is a massive gap in talent level there.

d) Perhaps "wreck" was too strong. I softened the language to "beat decisively"."

My bad about Arona. I for some reason thought of it as split decision. My point was that he lost close fights as a pudgy LHW so naturally people assumed he would fair better in his natural weightclass. And losing his first fight to Filho is by no means an indicator that he will get beat by everyone else. I will bet anyone here that Filho does the same to Henderson. After wich im sure you will call Henderson overrated and you never understood why he is so loved since all he did was barely beat an aging bustamante.

Hendo is a bit of an enigma. His skills are undoubtably excellent and he has beaten a lot of top names. However, he very rarely seems to dominate. No matter who he's fighting, he always manages to grab a close decision. Sometimes it looks like he's barely trying until it's become obvious that he's in danger of losing.

As for Ninja, I just don't think losing a bunch of close decisions qualifies him for the praise he gets, and I think a lot of the praise stems from continued amazement at how badly he beat down Matsui in his Pride debut years ago.

Maybe he can prove me wrong with a strong showing in this tournament.

Lombard & Vilasinor are great editions to Pride Bushido. Cant wait!

"MMA is an odd sport why do these guys want to fight the best so early in their MMA career? In boxing you would never see a 4-0 fighter fight the best in the world."

This is what makes MMA better than Boxing in my opinion. The fighter's dont mess about for long and step up to the plate.

ttt

Kondo VS Tamura would be sweet. Match between Pancrase and UWFi

This tournament looks amazing. The lineup is beautiful and I don't have a single complaint about anyone in the tournament.

I love Bushido!

You can also add henderson to that list I think, not sure why he is not on there.

Tomato can, it would be nice if you stayed off pride posts, along with a few others like pulsar, and ironlung, because we all know its going to be negative complaining.

You want positivity? The next round of the OWGP will kick ass. Now please STFU because this MWGP is thoroughly average.

Please. We all know Baroni is the best eva. He said so himself.

Baroni v. Suloev will be great, I doubt Baroni will pull that pointing and lauging BS with Fedor in Suloev's corner.

Id like to see my boy Crosley Gracie.

Man all that tourny needs is someone like Robby Lawler to make it even more exciting. That would be cool.

"Baroni v. Suloev will be great, I doubt Baroni will pull that pointing and lauging BS with Fedor in Suloev's corner"

And there will be no Big John breaking it up when Suloev knees Baroni in the dome

Who is Gerard Mousasi? Background, record? Couldn't find him in sherdog.

Wheres Hendo!?!?!

Go Dendawg!!!!!!!

Thanks Spartan, must've typed his name in wrong. looking forward to this GP more than ever!