Prime Ken Shamrock vs Rickson in Pride?

Shamrock sucks. He didn’t ever dive. Lol at Franklin needing any help to beat any version of Ken. Dude just shits the bed in every big moment he’s in.

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder.
I bought and read the first 2 way back in the day.
I looked at that pic of the 3rd one and thought I remembered it …had to go scrolling back through my Kindle and yup, its on there, buried down the list of a hundred other books I bought on special lol

Got my weekend reading now!

1 Like

This thread is about Rickson using the zhooohjitsu to defeat the Wild brawler. Stop talking about the Kenny and Wildman movements.

He never would have been superfight champion and defended the belt multiple times while hung over from ecstasy if he shits the bed every big moment

2 Likes

Yeah, in 1995 and his game never left that era.

Except for all the success he had in the 90s.

You should have more respect and understanding for the pioneers of a sport you seem to follow.

Guys like Ken are of a different breed, from a different era – and despite the flaws, have a kind of iron that people like you will never understand.
So you choose to expose your ignorance by verbally shitting on that which you don’t understand – on an anonymous internet forum, of all places.

Anonymous keyboard warriors are worse than telephone tough guys.
Fucking pathetic.

Congratulations.

You have officially outed yourself as an ignorant bitch.

2 Likes

Cool man.

I also read the other ones back in the day.
I had heard of this one, but was a few months late – and it was a very knowledgeable UGer who got me to read it ASAP.

I can’t wait to hear your reaction!

I hope you post about it here…

1 Like

How is Ken doing these days? I hope his money problems are over

Royce and Rickson were quite different in their approach. Take a look at the Takada fights as an example of that. Rickson was not content to just play the guard game. He didn’t want to be on the bottom. Royce was completely content to be there if he struggled to get the TD.

Rickson wanted top position and was relentless in trying to get it. Once he got it he was very systematic in breaking his opponent down for the finish. It was automatic. Flawless top control, pass the guard, strong GNP to sub finish.

What that means in a Shamrock fight? I don’t know, but I think he eventually would end up in top position. Either scrambles a takedown or sweep. Once he had it, I have no doubt he finishes Shamrock and makes it look easy.

Shamrock’s strategy in Royce 2 could possibly get him a JD (onePunchJD). Quick takedown off a tie up initiated by Rickson, bury his head in Rickson’s chest and hope for the best. I just think Rickson’s condition was much better than Royce’s and he would be firing back from the guard forcing Ken to open up. He wouldn’t be content like Royce was to stay in the position for 30 minutes.

100 fights I see Rickson winning 75%. Stoppage every time. I give Ken 15% JD and 10% off stoppage standing. I certainly can see Ken landing some damaging shoots standing, just not enough.

I’m in the camp that believes the Franklin and Kimbo fights were real. It’s just too hard to fake fight before it becomes completely obvious. One strange looking moment does not make a fake fight. The fight has to finish quick before it becomes obvious that guys guys are working at a slower pace. Ken had his chances in the Franklin fight to get out quick earlier and didn’t.

3 Likes

Franklin said his knee and ankle were fucked. I believe him. Kimbo fight looked fake as fuck.

Him and his wife have a house on a golf course.

No big mansions or multiple vacation houses that I know of.

Pretty sure he’s just laying low.
It’s mentioned in the latest book that his family no longer supports him fighting again.

He became a Christian and does some speaking and sharing of his testimony at Churches.
He actually did one close to where I live,bit by the time I heard about it it was too late to go.

Considering his impact and influence on the evolution of MMA, I personally think he and some other pioneers, should be getting a check in the mail after every big UFC PPV.
But that’s not the way the world works.

I said as much to Ken on a UG thread a few years ago… And he seemed to agree… LOL!

I’m an old school purist.
Ken is just one of many NHB/MMA pioneers who I think deserve more credit and accolades than they generally get.

We wouldn’t be watching guys like Conor McGregor – like him or not – if it wasn’t for guys like Ken Shamrock.
And James Toney or Floyd Mayweather certainly wouldn’t have thrown their names and reputations in the hat if not for Ken and a few others.

Hespect!!

That good to here. I wish him the best even though I always rooted against him in fights.

He sued the ufc so I wouldn’t count on getting a gig, never mind a check from them

1 Like

Ken wasnt touched and flopped to his ass same with Franklin

another dive or he has ZERO chin

never saw the sakaraba fight Another flop

Ken never wrestled in same trials as Angle Site your source

no there havent and Ken was never at any trial with Angle .Ken is older and was well into his MMA career by then If ken tried out it would have been in 88 and Angle didnt try out that year.Site your sources.Angle i believe beat Kerr in the finals by 1 point

ken has had strange moment verses Berry Franklin Kimbo Sakaraba all same thing him flopping to his ass .Ken has a chin those are dives and bad ones

1 Like

i agree with ur comments abut Rickson though

read the comments on youtube on the Berry fight