PRIME Tito Ortiz vs PRIME Rampage Jackson

Even the fights that Tito lost he was in better condition that the opponent.

Rampage would knock Tito out. Tito had terrible striking and didnā€™t like to be hit

1 Like

Iā€™ll finish it tomorrow lol

1 Like

I scored it a draw. I had Rampage winning the rounds 3-2, but I gave Forrest a 10-8 round in the second. Making it even.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll probably just rewatch the whole fight. Why not. It was a great one

1 Like

Yea I should probably do the same. Itā€™s been years and maybe Iā€™ll see it differently now

1 Like

Multiple people have said on camera that Tito was the strongest person they ever met in the cage. Rashaad said that it felt like he had a gorilla on top of him. Randy said that Tito was excellent from the clinch position and wondered why Tito didnā€™t use that position to his advantage instead of spending so much energy shooting from the outside. Also said that holding Tito down against his will was extremely hard. Chael Sonnen even commented on how strong Tito was physicaÄŗly in their fight.

Iā€™m very selective over what I consider a 10-8 round. Some posters here hand them out like Loly pops but not me

Lesnar Carwin round 1 is basically my standard for a 10-8 round. Or if the total strikes difference is SO drastic that would be a 10-8 round for me. Like Diaz Penn round 2, or Nate Diaz v donald Cerrone round 1

So I think thatā€™s why I scored the fight for forrest. Even though rampage dropped forrest, forrest recovered and got back up to his feet. So I have rampage round 1 a 10-9 but round 2 forrest out landed him drastically so that was a 10-8 to me, for forrest

But like I said, gotta watch it again

1 Like

This is how I scored it when I watched it but I bet I would also have a different perspective now. I too should rewatch the fight and give it a score, I was a Rampage fan boy back in the day.

1 Like

Yes

Me too. So maybe I was blinded by my bias.

I think Rampage did everything Tito did better than him on fight night. More high impact slams. More punching power. Better clinch work after shogun and Wand fights. Better power on ground and pound.

The only advantage I see Tito having would be a gas tank and the ability to pull off a sub after the first round.

I know rampage said Tito beat him up but rampage says a lot of shit

1 Like

I train six days,actually six days a week.Five days a week,Iā€™ll train three days a week.One of those days I will train two days of the week.So, six days a week I will be training.

Sounds about right.

4 Likes

Lmao!!

2 Likes

My sis and I laughed at him saying this today in a video we watched.

Tito the wordsmith

2 Likes

Round 2 of this thread a decade later is better than round 1.

Round 3 in 2033 will be hot :fire:

2 Likes

I hate when Iā€™m at work and employees talk to me thereā€¦

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I would wear head phones

1 Like

I should have just turned the volume up to itā€™s loudest as soon as he started talking to me :joy:

1 Like

Wait he still talked to you knowing you were watching something lol?

1 Like