PRIME Tito Ortiz vs PRIME Rampage Jackson

Tito in the cage - %65 favored to win

Rampage in Pride Ring - %80 favored to win

Rules and environment are absolutely critical here. I can’t recall Tito NOT using the cage to his advantage. He would get yellow carded to death for stalling in the guard and he can’t throw the elbow which will lead to more scrambles and Rampage getting up.

1 Like

cant believe 10 years ago we were already calling rampage washed up

I think it was King Of The Cage: Gladiators. I might be misnaming the event but it was definitely a KOTC. Good fight. Rampage was super green but still put up a good fight.

1 Like

Warriors Challenge I think. Not sure.

1 Like

Prime Rampage stuffed Randlemans takedowns. He smashes Tito imo.

3 Likes

It was KOTC. I have that on DVD and was surprised that this fight was on there.

Close fight with an average Eastman and a very green Jackson. Decision went to Eastman.

2 Likes

Yea it was his third fight. At Super HW. Not sure what they weighed in at

Totally different fighters. Tito was much more about clinch to body lock and used it extremely effectively against most opponents. Randleman was much more of a shooter and later became a competent boxer/brawler. I personally think Randleman was a much better fighter when he started and stuck to his base. If he fought everyone like he did Maurice Smith and Bas he would have been very tough to beat, especially at lhw. Sometimes a guy just has your number. People forgot how good Tito really was. He was actually a decent game planner as well and tried to adapt some of his tactics to the fight. But Rampage was also way better than he ever gave himself credit for.

2 Likes

The Goldbergs What GIF by ABC Network

It’s in KOTC. It’s not the best fight ever. Just saying.

1 Like

I know it was on my KOTC knockouts dvd I had.
I wouldn’t call it a good fight. The only thing interesting about it is it’s rampage. I think he’s even wearing high socks.

1 Like

Yea it’s on YouTube. Probably won’t watch lol

1 Like

It was billed a HW fight lol. Marvin looked swoll

1 Like

I just rewatched it yesterday with my sister. I didn’t remember the corner throwing the towel for chuck.

4 Likes

Pics

1 Like

Wkwkwkw Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 Likes

“Rampage put up a good fight”, isn’t the same as calling it a “good fight”.

Knowing The More You Know GIF by Joey Bada$$

1 Like

Lol yea

1 Like

Lmfao. Perfect gif response

1 Like

She’s on here. She doesn’t get on much but her name is @Gorillatine