PRIME Tito Ortiz vs PRIME Rampage Jackson

Prolly shouldn’t have done that

She used to be my brother lol

Los Angeles Lakers Wtf GIF by ESPN

1 Like

I’m just trying to buy her time lol

I would have preferred Pride Rampage -vs- TRT Vitor.

1 Like

That’s a fight I dreamed about for years. I always wanted to see Belfort vs rampage.

Vitor = speed advantage, better technical striking

Rampage = power advantage and was probably stronger

Not sure if Vitor could take him down. Would be a great stand up fight

1 Like

I feel anytime Vitor was pushed, he wilted. Either Vitor wins extremely early or gives up sometime after the first round

2 Likes

I love the frustrated commentary from Dana.

It was hilarious at the time and it’s still hilarious to this day.

4 Likes

“I don’t give a fuck about your little ‘hostile work environment complaint!’ Can’t you see that I’m very busy here reviewing something on my phone!? I’d say you’re the one acting all ‘hostile,’ wouldn’t you? Now run along to HR. Maybe they can help you.”

1 Like

Good post.

Randleman had a tendency to get “stuck” later in his career.
I think he could have KO’d Whitehead, but he wouldn’t pull the trigger.
But on a given night Randleman was a tough fight for anyone. The first Cro Cop fight had me jump out of my seat.

Peak Tito was very very good.
Agree about his game planning.
His conditioning was top notch too.
Also, I would say Tito just had a more varied and advanced approach than Randleman.

My problem with Tito was that when he was arguably at his peak, he stopped letting his hands go like he had when he was getting started and was more raw.
He “cleaned up his striking”, and somewhere in that process got stiff IMO.

Peak Rampage fought and beat tougher competition than peak Tito.
The Matyushenko fight was very impressive.
But then he got a trilogy with an old broken down Ken, and couldn’t handle Liddell or Couture.

I could see Tito maybe grinding out a decision vs Rampage in a cage…but I see that as less likely than Rampage just beating him up.

Rampage wouldn’t respect Tito’s striking and wouldn’t be afraid of the takedown.
And Rampage was strong as hell in the clinch. Might surprise Tito there.

IMO

2 Likes

Tito could only win in the cage. Rampage could win in both

I think rampage wins just about 9.9 maybe even 10/10x in Pride. Tito I like winning may 6 or 7/10x inside the cage

1 Like

I don’t think he wins that much. I think Tito might win 2-3 if at all. I think Rampage was just better. I don’t think Tito ever had the skill set to deal with the rampage that beat Chuck Liddell the first time.

2 Likes

I think people forget how good Tito was in his prime, due to how goofy and retarded he was

He beat Wanderlie Silva. Beat Vitor Belfort. Evan Tanner. Forrest griffin.

In the cage he has the advantage over rampage. I like his odds there. He may be stupid, but he ain’t stupid enough to stand with Jackson for long

1 Like

I don’t think he had the chain wrestling to get rampage down. Honestly, I think the fight stalls against the fence with Tito pushing Rampage to it off failed takedowns. Jackson turning Tito into the fence and body shots and foot stomps while they’re there until the ref separates them and repeat until rampage catches Tito or rampage exposes a neck in a scramble and Tito latches on.

I feel rampage catches Tito more Than Tito subs rampage. But yea, Tito was good in his day.

3 Likes

Rampage had the anti-defense to deal with Tito and Tito hated getting hit. I think, prime v prime Rampage handles Tito ESPECIALLY in Pride.

3 Likes

I think that is a little exaggerated by people but he was never really a good striker by most standards and Rampage could definitely punch. I do think Tito was pretty good at using his strikes to set up his clinch attacks.

People forget that Tito finished 2nd in ADCC. He has the grappling skills to compete with just about anyone. I think that Tito lost a couple of fights that were absolutely winable for him if he would have used his grappling skills.

Randy was an Olympic level wrestler. Tito had no business wrestling with him. Tito should have gone to his sub game the first time that he found himself on his back. Late in the fight Tito secured an armbar rather easily but it was too late.

Machida did what Machida does. He was among the best TMA practitioners in MMA history. Hit and run and wouldn’t engage with Tito. Once Tito finally got a triangle on Machida it was too late.

Both Rashaad fights were winable for Tito. Again, his grappling was superior and could have subbed Rashaad.

1 Like

tito was legit, but rampage for sure. sprawl n brawl. he was a better chuck.

1 Like

Don’t forget how big Tito was. I would have liked to see this fight go down. But almost glad it didn’t happen because they were old friends.

1 Like