Rampage: This is a dream come true

BadMon - 
dubate - 
BadMon -

GOOD FOR RAMPAGE!  UFC is extremely oppressive.

The fighters are contractors when it benefits the UFC but yet they are treated like the most restricted employees.  They don't even have the freedom to tweet their own thoughts in their off time.  They have to sign away their likeness forever..  They can't participate in extra curricular activities.  Their sponsors have to pay UFC. etc

It's absolutely ridiculous.

When you are under contract you are never "off" from being part of that company. Just like Tom Brady can get fined or released if he does something dumb during the summer. Phone Post

Tom Brady will not be let go at any time that the NFL wishes like the UFC can do to its fighters.  Tom Brady is an employee.  Not a contractor like UFC fighters.

world of difference.

You should double check that. NFL contracts do allows teams to cut players at any time. NBA/MLB have different contracts.

KevinMcAllister -
lifeaftrprison - 
Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

The fighters are contractors when it benefits the UFC but yet they are treated like the most restricted employees.  They don't even have the freedom to tweet their own thoughts in their off time.  They have to sign away their likeness forever..  They can't participate in extra curricular activities.  Their sponsors have to pay UFC. etc

When you are under contract you are never "off" from being part of that company. Just like Tom Brady can get fined or released if he does something dumb during the summer. Phone Post

Tom Brady will not be let go at any time that the NFL wishes like the UFC can do to its fighters.  Tom Brady is an employee.  Not a contractor like UFC fighters.

world of difference.

Actually, any player in the NFL can be cut/released anytime; though the chances of NE ever releasing Brady is unlikely (but they do have the option) Phone Post 3.0

I'm not a big contract guy but wouldnt NE have to buy out the rest of his contract to release him?
No , not a single nfl contract is fully guaranteed. Some have front loaded guaranteed money , but most are not. Players get cut with nothing owed on the regular. But then again we are talking about a ton more money for those players. Their training , food, equipment, travel, dr's, nutritionist and even clothing (team apparel) is all paid for and provided by the team. Those millions they are paid, go directly to their living. Not to mention they are allowed to use their likeness for autograph sessions, promotions and anything else they want to make money with their stature. Phone Post 3.0

Most NFL contracts do have guaranteed money, and if a player is cut they owe him that money. The money that a player "loses" hasn't been earned yet.

If a guy signs for 5 years and 30 million, and they guarantee 10 of it, that is his money, unless he goes all Pacman Jones. If he sucks his first year and they want to cut him, they owe him 10 million as it was guaranteed, but are off the hook for the non-guaranteed portion which in this case would be the remaining 20.

Umm no.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15718872
The new deal just as bad if not worse. Phone Post 3.0

Macedawgg - 

Actually it wasn't. 

It was I called people who know, and found out.

Who did you call from the Zuffa that confirmed it only costs 200k to put on an event?

I think this is big for Bellator! Look forward to seeing his first fight. Phone Post 3.0

lifeaftrprison - 
KevinMcAllister -
lifeaftrprison - 
Kings21 -
GeneraI - 
BadMon -
dubate - 
BadMon -

world of difference.

Actually, any player in the NFL can be cut/released anytime; though the chances of NE ever releasing Brady is unlikely (but they do have the option) Phone Post 3.0

I'm not a big contract guy but wouldnt NE have to buy out the rest of his contract to release him?
No , not a single nfl contract is fully guaranteed. Some have front loaded guaranteed money , but most are not. Players get cut with nothing owed on the regular. But then again we are talking about a ton more money for those players. Their training , food, equipment, travel, dr's, nutritionist and even clothing (team apparel) is all paid for and provided by the team. Those millions they are paid, go directly to their living. Not to mention they are allowed to use their likeness for autograph sessions, promotions and anything else they want to make money with their stature. Phone Post 3.0

Most NFL contracts do have guaranteed money, and if a player is cut they owe him that money. The money that a player "loses" hasn't been earned yet.

If a guy signs for 5 years and 30 million, and they guarantee 10 of it, that is his money, unless he goes all Pacman Jones. If he sucks his first year and they want to cut him, they owe him 10 million as it was guaranteed, but are off the hook for the non-guaranteed portion which in this case would be the remaining 20.

Umm no.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15718872
The new deal just as bad if not worse. Phone Post 3.0

Umm yes.

What you linked references base salary.

What I posted is referring to entire contract.

A base salary doesn't equal the total money they are paid.

All 30 mil of my theoretical contract (and most NFL contract) is not all base salary. Signing bonuses, workout bonuses and performance bonuses are not included in the base salary, but are counted in the total.

So if you pay a guy a 30 mil deal with a 10 mil signing bonus, he gets that money. If you cut him before he has a chance to earn the base salary' which could be 3-4 mil a year for example, then that is the money he loses. He cannot lose a cent of any guaranteed portion of his contract unless he breaches contract somehow.

Why do you think they redid the rookie pay scale so heavily? Because rookies were getting 40 mil guaranteed without playing a down and crippling teams salary cap situations for years.

In short, no the NFL cannot just up and cut somebody for free. Not unless they have no guaranteed money left on the deal.

ender852 - 

you guys arguing about contract law are a fucking snooze fest, take that shit somewhere else.

Dont read it dumbass. Simple as that. Get over it.

ironic that rampages dream is to be finally a wrestler! Phone Post 3.0

Kings21 -
Grey eagle '88 - 

Fucking shills and their multiple SN's are out today!! Bunch of faggits!!

Good for rampage Phone Post

The idea that everyone that makes comments about another org or a fighter that signs with another org other than the ufc is a shill and has multiple screen names is old and played out. How about you just come to realize that most people these days realize that Rampage is a bit of a man child and that Bellator isnt the pure and innocent org that most were lead to believe they were.

Good for Rampage for signing a contract that he currently believes to be good and allows him to do the things he wants but that doesnt excuse him from acting like a child throughout his UFC career, nor does it make Bellator look too great after saying they wouldnt be signing fighters who leave the UFC and that they would be growing their own stable of fighters.
My sentiments exactly Kings21. Phone Post 3.0

john joe - ^ not exactly true; he's never once complained about wolfslair team or management

He should have

His career went in the crapper after he dumped Ibarra and signed with the Wolfslair.

The grass is always greener on the other side...

Sub Phone Post

FinestScotch -

How Rampage feels about Bellator in a few years depends exactly on how few wrestlers he has to fight.

This. Phone Post

sounds like a great deal for Page but it won't come to anything

Good for him, if it's really a good deal then all the power to him.  I'll ALWAYS tune in to watch a Rampage fight.

MMA Lives Here - 

Good for Page.

Dude gets a lot of hate on here and I'm not sure why. Is it because of his run in with the law? No one else here has stuffed up in their life?

This guy loves MMA, loves the fans and he's been doing it forever. Wish him all the best Phone Post

Because he is ungrateful and whines every chance he gets. He's got some great highlights but none from the past few years. But like I said it has nothing to do with his fights and everything to do with his attitude. I'll still watch him fight, especially now that he's gonna be fighting bums and there is a good probability he won't have another boring performance.

MMA Underground...carefully observe and take note of who is saying what on this thread.

No MMA fan would ever complain about Rampage finding his way to fighting again, no matter what organization. Rampage fighting is better than rampage not fighting. Period.

High probability of identifying paid "Zuffa posters" right now.

I'm actually watching TUF 10 for the first time right now and man does he come across bad!!
I haven't been a fan of his fighting style for a while now but after watching his behaviour on TUF I will never go for him again!! Absolute clown Phone Post 3.0

lildragonof - 

I hope he finishes his career happy. Phone Post

He wont

dubate - 
DaddyRich - NFL players can be cut at any time. Their contracts aren't guaranteed for future years. If a player is cut during the season they are still paid for that season. I think the difference between UFC fighters and NFL players is the NFL players have a union that looks after their rights.

They try to, but their union is pretty weak. In fact outside of MLBPA all the unions in sports are pretty weak. Phone Post

Maybe weak compared to other pro sports unions but it's light years ahead of what fighters have.

MMA Lives Here - 

Good for Page.

Dude gets a lot of hate on here and I'm not sure why. Is it because of his run in with the law? No one else here has stuffed up in their life?

This guy loves MMA, loves the fans and he's been doing it forever. Wish him all the best Phone Post

Dude gets hate because he whines a lot and shit talks most of his former business associates and trainers. His "rampage" with his truck and his subsequent lack of remorse also didn't help matters.

Rampage does not love MMA. He has stated in the past that he hates training and that if it were up to him, he'd just make movies and having a boxing match once in awhile. Not a MMA match once in awhile, but a boxing match. He said this when he was filming the A-Team.

Rampage is not like Joe Lauzon who trains all the time regardless of whether or not he has a fight coming up.

And Rampage only likes his Japanese fans. He has stated that he stopped liking the North American fans because they booed him after he KO'ed Chuck. He's also stated that he doesn't like all the guy MMA fans coming up to him and asking for photos. So really, he only likes his female Asian fans. Can't say I blame him for that though.

And this is coming from a Rampage fan who is actually excited to watch him either crush cans in Bellator or be used as a stepping stone for new fighters.