Raquel Pennington has wasted almost 4 hours of UFC broadcasts

Any Male Purple Belt in BJJ worth his salt or college wrestler could beat every female fighter in the UFC up. So why is it that you have 100,000’s of men sitting at home watching someone do a sport that they can do better.

Why not have a +60 year old division and +70 year old division and broadcast it on TV. Why stop at genitalia?

3 Likes

I certainly do believe there are fat retards sitting on their couch watching fights delusionally telling themselves they could be an athlete too. We don’t disagree.

Also, no one is saying that fights that go the distance are inherently bad.

What is bad is a fight that is statistically likely to go the distance before it even begins featuring competitors who land more punches to the air in front of them than to their intended target and who rarely seem to put each other in any real danger of being finished.

To give credit where credit is due Derns attempt to kimura her standing opponent last night was pretty entertaining. Unfortunately unless it rose, valentina or nunes fighting those situations seem few and far between.

Joanna jerjedwhateva has gone 49 rounds since she stopped someone.
245 minutes.
You could watch “the Return of the King” in that time. That’s not counting the minute between rounds. Not to say she’s not great.
But physics is what it is.

And honestly I don’t think strikes should count much towards winning the round in women fights as they don’t do much damage. Especially at 115.
At last count there was only 13 KO/TKOs in ufc history at 115. I know that stat seems absurd but look it up. When there’s a finish it’s almost 80% likely to be a sub so imo sub attempts should generally decide rounds.

I think it’s important we don’t blame the fighters. The ufc pays a win purse not a finish purse. Raquel would be stupid to change her style towards more fan friendly. She’s doing what she is paid to do.
But the ufc should get rid of win purse and pay for example
25k show money and 45k finish $.
It would cost them no more and a fighter that is winning in the later rounds would be incentivized to go after the stop rather than incentivized to play it safe as they now are

I mean, are you bad at the internet or just trolling?

She’s gone 23 rounds since she finished someone, that person being the current champion, and it was in the first round.

What the fuck are you WMMA retards talking about? Go back to tranny swimming.

1 Like

I can’t imagine betting on WMMA and the stresses it causes: A. Being SO boring. B. Guaranteed decision 90% of the time. C. Unpredictable because they suck

It would make the fights even less interesting iMO.

I personally only bet on the fighters I like, and when I’m in Vegas, never digital.

You are describing the vast majority of all fights here lmao

Most fights are going to decision. Of fights that get finished, most of those are people giving up, and the preferred method there is either to cover up and allow GNP until the ref steps in, or turn your back and give up an RNC so you can tap.

It’s pretty rare to get a “real” finish in any fight. That’s why they’re great. Because the status quo is either a decision or a quit.

Most fights also don’t see the fighters land 51%+ of strikes, in any combat sport. Fighters will always miss more than they hit if it’s a fairly even matchup.

It would be nice if you guys were self aware and secure enough in yourself to just admit “I hate women and I’m jealous they get to make a living doing something I could never do”…but being that the very thought is sparked via insecurity, it’s kind of a chicken and egg thing.

No he has an excellent take.

That is if you’re retarded and believe all unanimous decisions are created equal

That’s like comparing Ngannou vs black beast first fight with Korean Zombie vs Leonard Garcia war.

1 Like

The part you fail to address is that in the women’s fights it seems that very rarely do the fighters put each other in serious danger. It seems like so many go to the distance with neither fighter ever in danger of being finished, or even rocked with a hard punch.

I don’t have stats to back that up, just an observation.

Not really worth responding to the part about hating women, as its just a typical liberal reply.

1 Like

Most fights in the ufc do not go to decision. They did this past card but when last I calculated it was close to 60% had a finish.
I did a statistical breakdown of all divisions going back years,
I can’t find the exact numbers right now but I recall that mens 145 up to 205 had very similar finish rate.
135 was slightly more likely to go to decision and 125 was enormously more likely.
All womens decision rates were around the same of mens 125. Tho 115 was most likely to have a decision.
Believe it was around 75-80%

It seems that WMMA has reached its skill plateau and will never get any better. It’s how it is, it’s been over a decade now.

Just like WNBA looks like a Middle-Aged Men’s Rec League at the YMCA, it long ago reached its skill plateau level as well.

1 Like

To be fair, most of us could make a living fighting in the women’s division.

2 Likes

I certainly believe that too. But not the examples I was talking about. Just as I’m sure there’s a lot of people who would get beaten up by a girl and have accepted that as a reality.

1 Like

Penningtons fights arent entertaining but i dont know why everyone is hating on WMMA so much, the Dern fight was pretty good.

1 Like

I think it’s been articulated multiple times here, but it’s because the skillset is so low at even the highest professional level. Some of us think that it has plateaued like that of the WNBA, and WMMA is just a low quality inferior product being shoved down our throats alongside the elite competitive male divisions.

At least the WNBA doesn’t alternate quarters in the middle of a Knicks broadcast.

2 Likes

Keep White Knighting. One of them might even wink at you some day.

Valentina, Rose, Nunes. I’ll watch them. There. The list is done. Not enough talent to care.

4 Likes

Have been saying this forever. WMMA in the middle of a main card is an absolute travesty, and generally I do something else until it’s over.

Dana likes to act as though women’s fights bring numbers, but I think he should do a little litmus test on that; make a full WMMA PPV card and see how it does. Put everyone on it who may be a ‘draw’ in WMMA.

And I’ll show you the worst PPV performing event the UFC has ever seen.

Usually have a few mates around and the smoker going for any of the decent cards. The Main card usually starts here at 10am. It’s nice to get a womens fight after that to check the meats nearly ready and prepare the sides.

Outside of the spy, the dyke, the baldy, the puffer fish and the oriental one fighting my meats usually bang on.

1 Like

Lol the UFC is about to run a card with Jessica Andrade and Amanda Lemos headlining. I’ve never heard of Lemos but apparently she’s been in the UFC since 2017. One of the worst main events ever proposed. It’s kind of like watching to two pre-pubescent boys get in a fist fight that they both aren’t completely committed to.

3 Likes

Dana is right in that Rhonda definitely brought in numbers and money. However, she was a “once in human history”example. Valentina is awesome don’t get me wrong, but WMMA is garbage.

2 Likes