RE: Nate Diaz

Damn Smiffy, you ruined my whole theory in one post. :joy:

1 Like

Spoken like a true child that idolizes a man in tightsā€¦grow up kid.

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

I always flip-flop with my feelings about the Diaz brothers, particularly Nate. Heā€™s a legend of the sport and occupies a unique niche in MMA - fans of his are either big California fans, stoners, kind-of-cholos, or people who like the ā€œdogsā€ of the sport (I mean that in the best way).

I think fighting-wise, his greatest attribute is his chin. Unbelievable how much damage he takes each fight and how rarely heā€™s been stopped. I think heā€™s leaned into this well and fans of his say heā€™s ā€œtoughā€ instead of ā€œrecklessā€.

His way of speaking, flexing, flipping off, and sticking his chin out are so, so odd to me. I feel embarrassed for MMA when he does these things. And yetā€¦ he does represent that unique ā€œfuck youā€ style of fighting.

Both the Diaz brothers are also remarkably skilled for (seemingly) training in a very non-dedicated fashion. I could be wrong as Iā€™ve never trained with them, but the story of ā€œI wasnā€™t motivated for this fight, so I didnā€™t trainā€ applies often to them.

Having said all this, itā€™s going to be a sad day when both brothers are for sure done in MMA. They are icons of the sport (for better or worse) and are always entertaining to watch. Respect.

2 Likes

Hahaha maybe man but atleast Iā€™m not 30 living at home with mom n dad. Enjoy

Itā€™s obvious by your posts your an immature child. Carry on the little boy. Itā€™s quite amusing!

Lol I love how tough people are behind a keyboard itā€™s fun to watch. A) You wouldnā€™t say shit to Diaz if you were face to face. B) You also wouldnā€™t say shit if I was in front of you. A+B= a complete pussy. Take care buddddddy!

2 Likes

Agreed with all this. Iā€™m not into the stoner or gangster vibe they put off but it has worked for them. I like your description of being dogs of the sport. We donā€™t have many left like them and it will be a sad day when they are no longer involved.

I donā€™t get the posts in here about you can only like then if you are the same type cholo stoner. Iā€™m far from it, as are most of their fans. Some people just actually enjoy watching real fighters still in the game.

Yeah both you guys actually nailed it. I do not smoke either but he is truly a real fighter not an athlete. With that being said the real athletes are taking over and it was only a matter of time with the evolution of the sport. Iā€™m sure boxing started this way too.

I like Nate a lot, Nick not so much. That being said, they are both extremely overrated as fighters. Anyone who can wrestle and/or leg kick even somewhat effectively will beat either one of them. I love watching them both fight because itā€™s almost always entertaining but their diehard fans have always been delusional about what exactly they are and what their place is in MMA history.

1 Like

I see what you are saying but are his fans delusional or just loyal? Iā€™m a diehard but by no means am I unrealistic on who they are and there place in MMA History. They belong in the top half but not at the top.

1 Like

Make no mistake about it, a significant portion of the diehard Diaz fans are completely delusional. I donā€™t mean someone like myself, who is a fan of Nate Diaz the fighter. Iā€™m talking the hardcore ones who are total homers. For example, the ones who really believed that GSP didnā€™t make weight in his fight with Nick, or the ones who honestly believed Nate was going to be beat Jorge if that fight hadnā€™t been stopped.

1 Like

Ok I normally would disagree but gotta admit I donā€™t personally know anyone besides my wife who likes Diaz. My friends are mostly a bunch of pussies who donā€™t watch MMA.
Would you compare that delusion to the delusion some fans have of Conor?

Thatā€™s rich coming for a keyboard warrior such as yourself. You donā€™t know shit about me so I suggest keeping your fantasies to yourself child.

McGregor diehards are the most delusional fanbase in the history of MMA.

1826a1a845c19a89228044a5e2724930

1 Like

You can judge them for being inarticulate, and making some weird decisions with respect to their careers - if you want.

But thatā€™s silly. They are stepping in a cage to have a fist fight for our entertainment (and their coin). They bring eyes to the fights, and all but juicybeef enjoy watching them- cringe as it can be in moments. Itā€™s fucking entertainment.

You can be a fan of a fighter and not think theyā€™re the ā€˜bestā€™ in a division. They can still be the fighter you know you ainā€™t gonna miss when they ha e a fight. The Diaz brothers are fun.

6 Likes