Rickson awes Paulo Filho!!!

This doesn't surprise me at all.  Rickson is still The Man!

Rick-sooonn Graaaaacie!!!

He is training in brazil for 5 months?wonder wat he is training for

"this isnt the UG circa 2000. there are few rickson nuthuggers left. i understand you have some personal issues which manifest themselves through a need to hate rickson, but you should probably pick someone else to focus it on now."

Whoa whoa, slow down there Dr. Phil. LOL, if u look at mypost, there is no hate there. If anything Im pokin a little fun at nerds like u that have to defend the honor of Rickson. Maybe thats why you immediately went on the defensive? I don't know?

BTW, Im a fan of Rickson and think he's one of the greatest grappler's ever.

rickson's aura is much like dan gable's. i mean, when you see him, he doesn't look like much. not muscled up, intimidating, etc. so you wonder "WHY IS THE GUY SO FRIGGIN GOOD???"

But without a doubt, anybody who wrestled with him says the same thing. people can't explain it. maybe you can't, maybe your'e not supposed to. you just have to appreciate the fact that you are in his presence and you are living in the same era as he.

All the things that get said about Rickson just serve to infuriate some of us even more. I have no problem believing every word of it but it just kills me that he never proved it in the ring, octagon, or wherever. Not so much because I think he has to, but just because I want to see it. His ducking Sak was BS though. Aura...

Tim Credeur just owned this thread. But the idiots on here will still doubt Rickson...

ttt

A couple of posters on this thread have mentioned that Rickson "ducked out of fighting Sak" or some such moronic nonsense - I'd just like to point out that when the Rickson v Sak fight was beginning to look like it might happen, Rickson's son tragically died. It's a matter of record that Sak contacted Rickson with a message of sympathy and said that he fully understood that a fight could not go ahead - put the hatorade back in the freezer guys, it's pretty low calling "BS" on Rickson under these circumstances. Sak didn't, that should be good enough for anyone.

Tim Credeur's post was amazing.

ttt

"I can go find a din mak master and find thousands of people who will tell me it works, doesnt mean shit.

If you dont compete you are insignificant, Carlson Gracie was 10,000,000 time sthe martial artist Rickson will ever be. "

This is a tad bit different than "dim mak".
First off, the guys who tell you he's legit are world class.
Secondly, Rickson has competed. And you are not "insignificant" once you stop competing. It is a natural circle of life. He is a coach now.
Carlson isn't exactly competing nowadays much.

He's over 45 now.

"It is more like trying to say some guy who played in the NBA before blacks were allowed in was the best ever even though he could have competed as soon as they came in but chose not too."

You're being unfair to Rickson.

I'll draw a quick comparisson to Royce.
Rickson competed even LATER than Royce did!
Royce's UFC fights were before Rickson's Japan Vale Tudo fights.

And, Royce opponents had zero sub skills. Some grappled to an extent, but submissions were unknown to them. This was not the case with Rickson's opponents.

Now, after Saku's challenge he accepted and then his son died in an accident.
So that fell through. There are people bitching here how he said "Saku has no aura" - when the interview had nothing like that in it - and then amplifying that shit out of proportion.
The reality is, even in 96 he was already 37 years old.

He competed when it was his time to compete. Now he's coaching.

And, judging by what people like Saulo or Filho say, he is still awesome.

"There is a flip side to that coin...There could be an argument that Rickson used his tragic son's death as an excuse NOT to fight Sakuraba."

Is that a joke? Are you kidding me? How old are you? You obviously do not have kids, because if you did, the thought of losing one would make anyone lose their desire to fight or whatever.

His son dies a tragic death. The last thing he was thinking about was some stupid fight. Whne a tragedy hits home, life is put in perspective.

People still follow this guy?!

When your son dies or some other tragedy occurs in ones life, yes, a fight becomes stupid compared to that. You have to deal with real world problems. It becomes insignificant.

I remember when 9-11 happened. My head was in a fog for days. I lost friends and fellow officers that day. I could not believe what just happened. All forms of entertainment, recreatinal activites, sports, etc. meant nothing to what just had happened. Now imagine losing a son, parent, wife, fiance, girlfriend, someone you love dearly. You think you going to care about a fight.

I can only assume Rickson felt the same way. In time, your views will change.

Tim Credeur and rypani3 have said it the best.

agree with viking... but still some moron like "Greensboroguy" feel like
droping his
"input".... can't be helped, idiots like these will always surface in here.

" I do BJJ to relieve stress and better mental health."

maybe is time to go back to your kungfu dude, your mental health is very
compromised...

Posted by GreensboroGuy -

"Maybe, but maybe he used it to duck Sakuraba...Who knows what Rickson was thinking. And it was not just some "stupid" fight. It actually was the biggest fight of his life, a fight for his family, a fight for the name of his family, a fight for revenge, THAT WAS HIS FIGHT, and he decided to pass."

Excuse me?

You are...joking, aren't you?

If not ,then by all means please feel free to sit behind your computer and post any inane comments  that rattle around inside your head.

This is the internet and garbage in is garbage out...

I'm off this thread - a complete waste of life when rude children cut into an adult's conversation with remarks such as those posted by GreensboroGuy.

Later