Rickson Gracie’s memoir ‘Breathe’ spills a lot of tea

i should have made my meaning more clear, i meant he had never wrestled with or against the gi prior

You’re not gonna suck me into one of queer arguments buddy, you did it and showed your Internet warrior side

1 Like

Thank you. I do have a warrior spirit.

2 Likes

Frank’s no slouch, but Royce probably would have beaten Frank.

At what point?
Maybe in 95 but no way by 99.

3 Likes

Royce fought no-gi as well.

FS was well-rounded and athletic. He would have given Royce a hell of a match.

What’d you weigh, 85-90lbs or 280-350lbs?

2 Likes

Royce would never have beaten Frank at any point in Frank’s career, imo

3 Likes

Incogneeto is taking an unnecessary amount of shit in this thread. I’ve disagreed with him on a lot of this stuff but he’s been pretty respectful and contributed a lot to this discourse.

1 Like

Perhaps you are right lol

But I think if it were Frank instead of Ken in UFC1, I think Royce would have won. But he would have had some trouble with the Frank that fought Renzo.

LOL I’m not losing sleep over it. These monkeys think I’m getting perturbed by their uncouth behavior. I just put them on ignore. There is no need to put up with ill-mannered curs.

That might be true. I don’t know how much training he had done by 93.

Ken had only been training a few years if I remember (something like 3, as was mentioned above), mostly in Japan. Frank was pretty green when he made his debut a year later against Bas.

By 95, when he had that war with Allan Goes though, I’m confident that Frank beats Royce.

Well that’s why I said in 95. Frank went pro pretty fast after starting and may have fallen victim to the gi and Royce’s much more experienced grappling then.
But the speed of his development was crazy for back then and by 99 after a few years with Maurice Smith and TK, I don’t think Royce would have stood a chance.

I feel like Ken had the physical and technical tools to beat Royce. He didn’t seem to have the mental tools to do it though.

Frank seemed to have his shit together in the cage/ring better. That’s why I think he’d beat him, even early in his career.

2 Likes

frank was smarter than ken, imo

1 Like

I would have love to have seen Frank vs Sakuraba and Belfort.

1 Like

he’s an idiot who hasn’t contributed anything, ever…to probably anything. His comments are based on ignorance and i suspect he’s a 13-15 year old, probably sitting in the unheated particle board addition of his step-father and mother’s home, while his half siblings enjoy life in the house proper. Due to his cystic acne, his life in the local torture chamber the town fathers like to call a jr high school, is not a respite from the pain of home.

Man those are interesting fights.

I think Frank beats some versions of Vitor and loses to others. Frank beats the Vitor that fought Saku. But maybe loses to mid 2000’s Vitor

Lol relax dude. If you want to attack him, do it in one of the threads that involves Jew hate.

This thread has been a pretty cool discussion about old fights and old fighters, and he’s made good points.

3 Likes