Rickson promotes J.J Machado to Red/Black Belt

Zippo as ansari said all you have to do is look on the references on wikipedia stop being a complete dick no one has claimed they have inside info. Phone Post

CONGRATULATIONS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzrugD9R3nQ

he is a great teacher. stops to explain things in a way i have never had them explained before... that, and an absolute master technician and great person.

I remember when he became the first guy to win his division and the absolute weight division in abudhabi... isnt he still the lightest man to do that?

TTT

PosterGirl -  Zippo as ansari said all you have to do is look on the references on wikipedia stop being a complete dick no one has claimed they have inside info. Phone Post

Sure, no problem :-)

doesn't it ever get tiring being such a complete douche Zip? Ive seen you put your foot in your mouth so many times you must have athletes foot in your mouth to go with your herps. why not just shut up for once and realize you're wrong and take your lumps like a man?

Congrats to JJ.

Actually since you want to re-hash the subject, I'm correct. Nobody here  has any idea what the deal was between Rickson and JJ. Because some wiki post speaks of the 'Gracie belt system'  it has some meaning there in that specific situation ? No. Nobody has a clue.   Pretty sure Helio was calling the high level belt shots, and he's gone.

If you don't like my posts, ignore me.  Instead of showing your iq with name calling.

jkd_guy - @ 1:48
Is that Danny Inosanto?

Im not sure I get this...aren't the Machados already black belts?

So they are black belts, but this is a black under Rickson?

Yes, that was Danny Inosanto, respect. The guys like 70 and still rolling.

for later

Aparently now that Helio is gone ONLY Rorion has the authority to award the belts, but any of the higher grade family members can present them on the day??

Congrats to JJ.  The guy is such a badass.  It is amazing what he has accomplished despite missing most of his fingers on his left hand.  Insane

Edit. Thought zipp was talking to me

Approximately how long does it take to get to that level?

Just Curious

PosterGirl -  Zipp i showed my iq with name calling??ha coming from the same guy who told enson to STFU Phone Post

Wasn't talking to you Holmes.  (and stfu  is not 'name' calling. I told what I thought was an imp stfu. My mistake)

ttt

wow, major accomplishment...

mrzipplokk -  So many Noobs. JJ is a Gracie.

Not true.

It must be cool to act like you are so knowledgeable and somehow that makes you a better person.

Jean Jacques is not a Gracie. The Machado family are not related to the Gracie family by blood. They are related by marriage. He has no Gracie blood.

PosterGirl -  Zippo as ansari said all you have to do is look on the references on wikipedia stop being a complete dick no one has claimed they have inside info. Phone Post

hehehehe...he said "dick"

EDIT: Congrats to JJ!

Chimonos Revenge - Approximately how long does it take to get to that level?

Just Curious
According to www.ibjjf.org/graduation.htm and assuming I did my math right, it takes at least 31 years to go from black belt to 7th degree red/black belt.

The earliest you could get your 7th degree red/black belt is age 50 since you can't get a black belt until you're 19.

19 y/o black belt

+3 years for 1st degree = age 22

+3 2nd 25

+3 3rd 28

+5 4th 33

+5 5th 38

+5 6th 43

+7 7th 50

+7 8th 57

+10 9th 67

Paradiso - 
mrzipplokk -  So many Noobs. JJ is a Gracie.

Not true.

It must be cool to act like you are so knowledgeable and somehow that makes you a better person.

Jean Jacques is not a Gracie. The Machado family are not related to the Gracie family by blood. They are related by marriage. He has no Gracie blood.
They're still cousins whether you like it or not !  *see, I'm better than you