RJJ accepts Silva's challenge

ShaqNoob - Why did Anderson sign a 10-fight deal then say he'd like to box RJJ?....

He said it a long time ago, and I know everybody things silva would get his ass kicked, but Roy is a MUCH smaller guy, and although he would school Andy all it would take is one good shot and Roy would be fucked cause his chin is way past gone, and he's not nearly as elusive as he used to be. Andy would have a good chance at winning. Phone Post

HEres the vid interview

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/07/roy-jones-jr-anderson-silva-fight-boxing-mma/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I’m not so sure prime Roy wouldn’t have beaten him at kickboxing, too. He did commentary for some kickboxing shows back in the day and he seemed to know quite a bit about beating leg kicks with different punch techniques. Old Benny the Jet type stuff. Plus, this is a guy who moved like nobody before or since.
Silva is an MMA fighter - not necessarily a world class kickboxer. There is definitely a difference.

However MMA is a whole other story, and Roy now vs. then = VERY different, too.

I really hope this fight is local to me. Roy lives in pensacola and he is at every local event, if that fight happens near my i will pay anything to see it. Phone Post

I would watch it. It'd be cool if the UFC set up an exhibition match as a co-main event or something. Never, ever gonna happen, but it would be cool as hell. I bet it would be mad PPV buys too.

If Silva went to boxing and KOed RJJ his status would go from GOAT to Phenom

wont happen, if so RJJ wins

People saying Silva beats or KO's RJJ are delusional. In MMA Anderson works RJJ. But in boxing it wouldn't even be close unless they treated it like a glorified sparring match, Roy Jones Jr. is out of his prime and even out of being out of his prime (well past it) but even the shadow of his former self works Silva in boxing.

I want to see it. But it will not happen, unless Silva jumps ship and leaves the ufc. Dana will never ever allow it. There's nothing for the ufc to gain on a pure boxing match. They are not boxing promoters. Phone Post

KingofBJJ - 
TheRealMrBeefy - 

The only was this happens is if Roy comes to the UFC for it. Dana would never allow it otherwise.

I'm sure Silva would agree to keep it standing with punches only. Would be interesting.... Phone Post

I don't understand what you mean by "won't allow" and "come to the UFC"?  Dana allowed James Toney to fight Randy.  He recently gave his approval for Tyson Fury to fight Cain.  So I guess I am trying to figure out what makes this different?

Silva has an exclusive contract with the UFC (just like all UFC fighters). Silva is legally not allowed to fight anywhere but in the UFC. 

This would be a boxing match first, that was the challenge. For Silva to fight in a boxing fight, Dana would have to allow Silva to fight outside the UFC, or allow RJJ and Silva to fight in the UFC with Boxing gloves and rules. This is not at all the Toney or Fury situatons, which were both boxerscoming to fight MMA fights.

I would watch this. RJJ is one of the slickest boxers in history. He's nowhere near his former self but it would be a privilege just to see him fight again.

Great interview as well. Very well said and very classy. Phone Post 3.0

Bunch of retards on this thread.

LOL at the two goobers a few posts up saying Roy's chin wouldn't hold up to Silva's punching power. I wish I could throw you imbeciles a dog biscuit.

Roy would clown him in a boxing match and probably put him on his ass within 3 rounds.

Chimp Strength - I haven't seen Jones Jnr fight in a long time, so I'm not sure how far he's fallen, but in every cross over I've ever seen the home team wins. Phone Post 3.0

I think Dream and K1 did this a few years ago. Supposed to be two fights, one under mma rules the other k1. They did the k1 rules first and there was no need for the second fights. Iirc Gegard, Kawajiri, and maybe Reem were the fighters. 

about a year or two ago Roy beat the fuck out of Jeff Lacy. Trust me nerds, Jeff Lacy punches harder than A Silva.

Herman Munster - 
Mike Morris - 
ShaqNoob - Why did Anderson sign a 10-fight deal then say he'd like to box RJJ?....

He said it a long time ago, and I know everybody things silva would get his ass kicked, but Roy is a MUCH smaller guy, and although he would school Andy all it would take is one good shot and Roy would be fucked cause his chin is way past gone, and he's not nearly as elusive as he used to be. Andy would have a good chance at winning. Phone Post

What do we really know about Anderson's chin?  Just that a bunch of D level mma strikers can't touch it.  Chael Sonnen put Anderson on his ass.  Roy would probably put Anderson in a coma.   

Watch Silva vs Hendo and come back when you've learned something skippy.

TuLegit - This would be very interesting I wonder whose chin would hold up better? Phone Post 3.0

Assuming Silva manages to land a punch, that is. Phone Post

I haven't seen any of RJJ recent fights, but even if he fell off hard....goddamn!!

I can see where Silva gets some of his inspiration from in terms of in-ring showmanship/taunting @ 4:25 and 4:47

Roy is pretty much shot at this point. He can still explode a little in short bursts. With his experience and knowledge he should be the favorite, but with his physical deterioration I can see him losing. He lays back and tries to pot shot and counter, and he's not able to keep guys off anymore. He really should hang em up Phone Post 3.0

First round is kind of slow but interesting because RJJ is being more aggressive than normal and Silva isn't taking much damage.

Round 2 Silva is feeling more comfortable and lands some tricky shots but RJJ avoids any damage and lands a few shots of his own.

Round 3 RJJ is getting the better of Silva in most areas but Silva continues to land some unorthodox strikes.

Round 4 is all RJJ Silva looks frustrated that RJJ hasn't taken much damage.

Round 5 Silva comes out really aggressive lands more ahots than he has in any one round. RJJ gets a knock down with a clean counter near the end of the round.

Round 6 Silva pushes forward RJJ lands some good shots and Silva looks to clinch.

Fight ends 6th round via DQ Knees in the Clinch.

Silva proves MMA>Boxing. Phone Post 3.0

temujen - 

I haven't seen any of RJJ recent fights, but even if he fell off hard....goddamn!!

I can see where Silva gets some of his inspiration from in terms of in-ring showmanship/taunting @ 4:25 and 4:47

Voted up for posting the reel. I loved watching RJJ fight when he was in his prime, best in the world at that time in my opinion. The mix of athleticism, power, and reflexes was unmatched. He has stayed in the game a bit too long, but that often happens when you have that kind of talent, you can't imagine it going away with age. Unlike Hopkins his style does not lend itself to aging, he had good defense but he was an offensive beast and when you lose some of that speed and power it is hard to stay at the top.