Roger Gracie TV discussions: Site Videos

also ive been sweeping them to my right since they cant post with that left arm rather than taking the back. Im more of a smash and submit kinda guy than a back taker. i just dont finish well from the back for some reason. i need to work on that.

Wow. Who is this dude?? 3rd degree black belt. I thought for sure he was gonna catch Roger in the first minute 2x with that cross collar. I don't think ive ever seen anyone whip in cross collars that quick.

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-63/

btw: that move at 5:15 further nails home why Roger is the GOAT. That's nuts.

asdf - 

Did you see the self defense video "self defense against a chair?l" I couldn't tell if it was real at first but it was! They didn't even have a chair available! I was dying.

haha...no is it recent?

Man what a roll with that 4 stripe black belt from GB. Anyone know who he is? 

Also any of you who have the AOJ memberships and Marcelo etc, do they put up as many videos as Rogers site does? I find great value in this site so far. Im only a couple months on but just for the rolls alone I pick up stuff and little details.

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-67/

That’s Lagarto, he has a school in London.

Judge Mental - 

also ive been sweeping them to my right since they cant post with that left arm rather than taking the back. Im more of a smash and submit kinda guy than a back taker. i just dont finish well from the back for some reason. i need to work on that.

I’m exactly the same, one of the largest guys on my team but my subs from the back fucking suck. Smash and pass all day but these little guys are so much better at choking me from the back. I don’t get it.

Sir Taps - That's Lagarto, he has a school in London.

I find that out about 25 mins after posting but forgot to come back and edit. Went down a rabbit hole of watching his vids as well. Dude is a beast but Roger is just on another level

Jesus he mugged this dude like he owed him money. I could feel the pressure and weight from here. This is a black belt ive never seen. I dont think he's rolled with that guy before he seems to be visiting from Barra.

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-66/

Another thing I picked up from these is Roger attempts the Americana a lot. A lot more than you'd think he would.

He almost NEVER moves backwards. Always applying force into his opponent. Constantly "falling into them". Very cool. i do that as well.

He overhooks the thigh a LOT and goes for collar control but not usually cross collar. Just some observations ive made as of late.

That’s Bradley Hill, he’s one of Braulio’s BBs.

James

And you’re absolutely right, Roger is always going forward. The biggest thing I notice is how good Roger is with his legs when passing, especially at killing his partner’s hooks with his own shins. Leaves them utterly helpless.

James

Sir Taps - And you're absolutely right, Roger is always going forward. The biggest thing I notice is how good Roger is with his legs when passing, especially at killing his partner's hooks with his own shins. Leaves them utterly helpless.

James

I agree. He's a stapling beast

asdf - 
Judge Mental -
asdf - 

Did you see the self defense video "self defense against a chair?l" I couldn't tell if it was real at first but it was! They didn't even have a chair available! I was dying.

haha...no is it recent?

Yeah, it's in the "latest"secti

on https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/mauricio-gomes-defence-against-being-hit-with-a-chair

Lagarto also had a number of rolls such Braulio on his site. Tough dude, Braulio greets three bat of him but is a fight.

is Braulios footage as good as on Rogers site? i feel like roger puts up about 10 vids a week or so. Maybe im off by a bit.

Reading this I’m debating if should reconsider dropping in for a class one day to get a chance to roll with Roger… 27£ to get smashed and have my ego left in shambles, hmmmm

NicolasRGC - Reading this I'm debating if should reconsider dropping in for a class one day to get a chance to roll with Roger... 27£ to get smashed and have my ego left in shambles, hmmmm

dude… the only thing preventing me from doing that is the Atlantic.

Meatgrinder - 
NicolasRGC - Reading this I'm debating if should reconsider dropping in for a class one day to get a chance to roll with Roger... 27£ to get smashed and have my ego left in shambles, hmmmm

The only thing preventing me from doing that is the question of whether he would be there or not. I could afford to go there for a few weeks and roll but could I actually get to train with Roger?

Is his site worth joining?

Judge Mental - 
Meatgrinder - 

The only thing preventing me from doing that is the question of whether he would be there or not. I could afford to go there for a few weeks and roll but could I actually get to train with Roger?

LOL… yeah right. Got to plan that out and make sure he’s around.

The Closed Guard -

Is his site worth joining?

To me, 100%. 

I signed uo for a year about 4 months ago or so.

I have my criticisms though. I’d love for them to make notes on the videos and allow a comments section and a way to organize them.

Id also like a way to have it save your spot to go back and continue watching or for that matter a way to tell which videos you have already watched.

The content is great but the site could be better.

I started watching more of the rolls after reading this thread, they're great.  He passes just like he says in his concept video and you guys are saying here,  constant forward pressure.

His instruction is so great, he adds small details to stuff I've been doing forever that makes a big differance

bjjlurker - 

I started watching more of the rolls after reading this thread, they're great.  He passes just like he says in his concept video and you guys are saying here,  constant forward pressure.

His instruction is so great, he adds small details to stuff I've been doing forever that makes a big differance

“small details to stuff I’ve been doing forever that makes a big difference”…so much a part of my philosophy. Glad to hear it. Doesn’t seem like he’s going to be having a discount anytime soon. Good to hear that the site is growing too.