Roger Gracie TV discussions: Site Videos

Judge Mental - 
Meatgrinder - 
NicolasRGC - Reading this I'm debating if should reconsider dropping in for a class one day to get a chance to roll with Roger... 27£ to get smashed and have my ego left in shambles, hmmmm

dude… the only thing preventing me from doing that is the Atlantic.

The only thing preventing me from doing that is the question of whether he would be there or not. I could afford to go there for a few weeks and roll but could I actually get to train with Roger?

I went twice, in 2009 and again last year, each time he wasn’t there. I did get some good rolls in with recreative brown belts like me, and then got my ass whooped by a young Brazilian purple belt who fought in the mundial or some shit lol. But yeah I can get some good rolls for less than 27£. That being said I would try and go back if he’s there.

NicolasRGC -
Judge Mental - 
Meatgrinder - 
NicolasRGC - Reading this I'm debating if should reconsider dropping in for a class one day to get a chance to roll with Roger... 27£ to get smashed and have my ego left in shambles, hmmmm

dude… the only thing preventing me from doing that is the Atlantic.

The only thing preventing me from doing that is the question of whether he would be there or not. I could afford to go there for a few weeks and roll but could I actually get to train with Roger?

I went twice, in 2009 and again last year, each time he wasn’t there. I did get some good rolls in with recreative brown belts like me, and then got my ass whooped by a young Brazilian purple belt who fought in the mundial or some shit lol. But yeah I can get some good rolls for less than 27£. That being said I would try and go back if he’s there.

Good to hear

Another good thing I’ve noticed is that Roger slows everyone down to his game and not the other way around. He is great at slowing it down

Judge Mental - 

Another good thing I’ve noticed is that Roger slows everyone down to his game and not the other way around. He is great at slowing it down

I manage to slow down my game as well… only problem is my opponent doesn’t always go along with it

NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

I manage to slow down my game as well… only problem is my opponent doesn’t always go along with it

My game is even slower than Roger’s. No-one else’s is though, which is really inconsiderate, especially when they insist on whizzing past my guard.

James

Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

My game is even slower than Roger’s. No-one else’s is though, which is really inconsiderate, especially when they insist on whizzing past my guard.

James

I hate it when they do that… like how selfish can you be, right?

NicolasRGC - 
Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

James

I hate it when they do that… like how selfish can you be, right?

Bastards. Utter bastards.

James

Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

James

hey....just don't let them do that.

Do your jiu jitsu exactly like Roger and you should be good.

Judge Mental - hey....just don't let them do that.

I’m trying dude, I’m really trying!

James

Sir Taps - 

James

have you tried closing your eyes while you roll and just channeling him into yourself?

I find this does little to help.

Judge Mental - 
Sir Taps - 

James

have you tried closing your eyes while you roll and just channeling him into yourself?

I find this does little to help.

Yep. I’ve even tried wearing a Roger mask while rolling in the hope that my training partners would believe it was pointless to even attempt passing my guard. But then they notice that “Roger” is suddenly only 5’6", and they become suspicious…

James

Judge Mental - 
Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

James

FUCK why didn’t I think of that before

NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 
Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

James

yup… you really just need to watch 3 vids:

• roger’s pass

• roger’s mount

• roger’s cross choke

… then you too should have unstoppable bjj.

NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 
Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

James

This is why im a commodity here

Meatgrinder - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 
Sir Taps - 
NicolasRGC - 
Judge Mental - 

James

yup… you really just need to watch 3 vids:

• roger’s pass

• roger’s mount

• roger’s cross choke

… then you too should have unstoppable bjj.

Only if you watch them like.....10x each

ttt

https://www.rogergracietv.com/video/roger-sparring-68/

New videos up!  Im pretty sure this is Jackson Sousa.

bjjlurker - 

I felt like that was a wasted roll! Why go to Rogers and do Judo? Id like to have seen him roll with Roger there

Judge Mental -
bjjlurker - 

I felt like that was a wasted roll! Why go to Rogers and do Judo? Id like to have seen him roll with Roger there

Agreed!  I posted link before I watched the whole thing.  It looked like Sousa was hyping himself a little at the beggining, figured it would be good.  Maybe they have more rolls recorded.

bjjlurker - 
Judge Mental -
bjjlurker - 

Agreed!  I posted link before I watched the whole thing.  It looked like Sousa was hyping himself a little at the beggining, figured it would be good.  Maybe they have more rolls recorded.

hoping so. Sousa was rolling in the background during Rogers roll with Lagarto