Rosenthal here

Great non-stoppage and great fight. Just wondering though...

As a ref, do you take a fighter's past performance into consideration before making a stop? I know every fight is supposed to be judged and ref'd equally, but if it were someone who has a history of taking beatings and recovering well(Big Nog, Leben for example), would you let it go longer before stopping?

Also, I noticed you look at the clock during one of the rounds. Does that play a factor too? What if a guy is getting destroyed and just turtling up, but there's only 5-10 seconds left in the round...do you let it go?

truth21 - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/fSzewP4efnk", "postVideo-36893347-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-36893347"); I respect most things you have done...Im from the bay area also and remember you from you playing music.
So from one musician to another........What the fuck were u thinkin on this call?
Im mean like really?
You can clearly see him tap plus u can hear him yell tap.
Not sure your thoughts on this but i'd like to know.....Thanks i look forward to your reply

Although Tim did the honorable thing letting go of the armbar; The other fighter seemed out of danger at the point of the taps. And as shitty as it sounds its always a good idea to hold the sub until the ref breaks it up. Another point to mention is the fact that the fighter is supposed to protect himself at all times. I know it was unfortunate but I feel Josh did the right thing in this case.

Musashi - 
truth21 - 

I respect most things you have done...Im from the bay area also and remember you from you playing music.

So from one musician to another........What the fuck were u thinkin on this call?

Im mean like really?

Not sure your thoughts on this but i'd like to know.....Thanks i look forward to your reply

The taps were not that obvious at ALL or the video you posted wouldn't be showing them repeatedly in slow motion. What is obvious is that a fighter let down his guard while the fight was still happening and he got pounded out for his efforts. Not sure why you are putting that on Josh.
Im not sure what planet ur from to say the taps arent obvious.....But i wasnt talking to you.I was asking josh a question..But yeah i expect everyone on here to say josh did a good job....Its his blog.I was asking him his thoughts on it because thats what im sure people wanna know...They diffenitly dont wanna hear what u have to say.But yeah i guess tim should have broke his arm off.....Next time im sure he will.

Musashi - 
truth21 - 
Musashi - 
truth21 - 

I respect most things you have done...Im from the bay area also and remember you from you playing music.

Im mean like really?

The taps were not that obvious at ALL or the video you posted wouldn't be showing them repeatedly in slow motion. What is obvious is that a fighter let down his guard while the fight was still happening and he got pounded out for his efforts. Not sure why you are putting that on Josh.
Im not sure what planet ur from to say the taps arent obvious.....But i wasnt talking to you.I was asking josh a question..But yeah i expect everyone on here to say josh did a good job....Its his blog.I was asking him his thoughts on it because thats what im sure people wanna know...They diffenitly dont wanna hear what u have to say.But yeah i guess tim should have broke his arm off.....Next time im sure he will.

No.. I'm not defending Josh for the sake of it and this isn't Josh's blog. It's an open forum.

Legit question: If it was so obvious, why does the video ask if the viewer even saw it.. and then replay it in slow mo twice with annotations about what is happening? I have been watching MMA since day one and I missed it first time through. Granted though.. after watching the replays, I can see the guy tap and verbally say 'tap' so I think he is a real piece of shit to have pounded the guy out like that. No honor.

Thanks for the comment back....Yeah he tapped and yeah tim shouldnt have let go untill josh stoped

it but seth didnt have to run around making blogs saying he dont tap and tappins for pussies.

The shity thing is josh could have done something about it in the appeal..After seeing the video who

cant see that he tapped.But this is life and this is mma........I linked a video of tims last fight.

One day seths gonna get his from tim and it aint gonna be pretty........T.N.T

I been a fan since u let Brock get through that 1st beating Carwin gave him... Turned out your judgement was correct..

very cool

jsize03 - Great non-stoppage and great fight. Just wondering though...

As a ref, do you take a fighter's past performance into consideration before making a stop? I know every fight is supposed to be judged and ref'd equally, but if it were someone who has a history of taking beatings and recovering well(Big Nog, Leben for example), would you let it go longer before stopping?

Also, I noticed you look at the clock during one of the rounds. Does that play a factor too? What if a guy is getting destroyed and just turtling up, but there's only 5-10 seconds left in the round...do you let it go?

Interesting question Phone Post

Josh used to come into my work all the time. (grocery store in Albany, CA) Really nice, down to earth, humble guy. Used to come in with shiners from time to time he got during training. Probably top 2 or 3 refs in the game, ever.

Anyways great job on the fight Josh! Even though I love Herb I wonder if he would have stopped it earlier. We as fans got a treat because of your judgement call! Keep doing it! Your mom comes in and talks about how proud she is of you!

Musashi - Folks... This is a 'thank you' thread. He's not going to answer questions about calls or get into debates here. That's NEVER a good idea for a ref. Doug Crosby, Big John and several others learned the hard way. He doesn't need to do the same thing - especially when he is already on top of the approval ratings.

When will he be back on this thread and how we can reach you privately if we want to book him?

Musashi - Folks... This is a 'thank you' thread. He's not going to answer questions about calls or get into debates here. That's NEVER a good idea for a ref. Doug Crosby, Big John and several others learned the hard way. He doesn't need to do the same thing - especially when he is already on top of the approval ratings.
Bummer. I was hoping for some Shakespeare quotes.

just wanted to quickly sign in an voice my appreciation for one of the best refs in the biz and my fav.

great job man and kutgw!!

You are the best ref in mma thanks. Phone Post

Youabsolutelysuck -  Hey man,grate job on the Brandao Vs. Bermudez fight. My three other friends here were all even saying,"thank god it's Rosenthal in there and not _________. " Phone Post

i concur

Yeah Josh was pretty good.

Will he even have the chance to ref again or is he pretty much done forever as a ref? Phone Post 3.0

Gonna smoke a bowl for him right now haha. We miss u Josh! Phone Post 3.0

How much longer does he have? Phone Post 3.0

Josh was my favorite ref. Phone Post 3.0

In! Phone Post 3.0

meth wizard - How much longer does he have? Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

meth wizard - How much longer does he have? Phone Post 3.0

asks a meth wizard.