Serious question about krons

"FYI, it's not slight details, more like the philosophy behind his jiu-jitsu."

Interested to know what the philosophy behind his bjj is?

When he was younger- there were stories that he was a thug, and he even threw a water bottle during ADCC.

Now that he is older and mature- I still see him getting into scuffles with people when he is with the Diaz brothers.

Heck, I've heard stories of Rickson bullying ref's and throwing water bottles at them as well...

I have the upmost respect for their bjj abilities, but I would be hard pressed to see that they have a unique philosophy behind BJJ that others haven't explored or taught.

Jack Taufer - Very long story short, Kron's academy is a great place to train.

I wasn't even going to bring this up, but since we're on the topic...

I've heard very mixed things about Jack Taufer's X-tteme Jitz &  Pitfighting Academy in National City, CA where all classes are "held in the world's only remaining, functional Yamma Pit".

BTW, the only two positive YELP reviews are from a "Tack Jaufer" and a "J. Shmaufer".

So... draw your own conclusions.

I *just* realized why digitaltoddy has a problem with shen's jokes on this thread.

Look at the title:  "Serious question about krons."

Awaiting spin thread  "Flippant question about krons"

^ You're right.This thread is nothing to jape about.

I went and trained at Keon's when my school was closed. I borrowed tented their gi and wore  white belt. No big deal. Dunno why people give a shit. It's just a piece of cloth. Everyone was super cool to me. I trained 1hour in the advanced class and 1 hour in the open mat. They were all really cool guys and welcomed me back anytime I wanted. I thought that they were really friendly. 

Tons of typos. Meant Kron's, and rented their gi. 

Digital, Honest question...what is the philosophy behind not allowing non white belts to watch the white belt classes, but allowing everyone to watch the advanced classes?  I'm genuinely curious

When I visited Rickson's, they gave me a blue belt with a white stripe and just told me that it was to differentiate visitors. That made perfect sense to me. How that could possibly offend you is beyond my comprehension. It has literally nothing to do with ego. It has to do with them figuring out who you are.

I got as much help as I needed. Everyone, staff and students alike, were very cool to me. Kron was especially gracious.

I saw a brown belt switching to Kron's as I left and Kron was sitting and chatting and asking why he chose to switch over to him, and kind of conferencing with him. Seemed to take an actual interest in his students and take their ranking and progression seriously.

When you are a blue belt, that means very little.  Taking off the black belt giving to you means a lot.  It's similar to a demotion

also, shouldn't it be easy to know who the visitors are? They are the guys who you have never seen before 

beyond that, it was stated by toddy that it had to do with not knowing krons style of bjj.  It's not just to mark that you are a visitor.  You don't get to wear your non striped belt if you sign up that day. You have to learn their technique to get to wear a regular belt again. 

Is that not a demotion? 

To add on, buchecha didn't have to wear one.  Wasn't he a visitor who didn't know their style of teaching?  

It is is quite obvious it is more about people not mistaking you for a student of krons than it is to identify who to help.  When a new purple belt materializes in your gym, you as the professor don't need a belt to know that you didn't promote him to blue and purple.  

I wouldn't have a problem with wearing a belt with a stripe through it if I were a visitor. His house, his rules and all that. I mean I occasionally wear a pink belt when I forget mine so its not that big a deal. I would however have a problem with wearing a belt with a stripe through it if I enrolled at his academy. If I'm going to enroll at his academy and make it my training home, he should respect my belt which was given to me by my instructor, who oh by the way accomplished more in jiu jitsu than Kron did. I wouldn't be butt hurt about it though...its his academy and he can run it any way he sees fit. It's just a rule that I don't agree with and I would chose to train elsewhere. Just like I wouldn't choose to train at a gracie barra school that required me to wear one of their garbage gi's and only wear their branded no gi stuff. I also think its a bit disingenuous to say that the stripe isn't all about the ego but whatever

kennyfrommd - 

When I visited Rickson's, they gave me a blue belt with a white stripe and just told me that it was to differentiate visitors. That made perfect sense to me. How that could possibly offend you is beyond my comprehension. It has literally nothing to do with ego. It has to do with them figuring out who you are.

I got as much help as I needed. Everyone, staff and students alike, were very cool to me. Kron was especially gracious.

I saw a brown belt switching to Kron's as I left and Kron was sitting and chatting and asking why he chose to switch over to him, and kind of conferencing with him. Seemed to take an actual interest in his students and take their ranking and progression seriously.

BS, if a KNOWN visiting black belt is coming by, like a world champion, asking him to change his belt is a joke. I have seen world class Judoka drop in to train elsewhere and no one ever said they couldn't wear their own belts. lol
Stupid rule.

What is BS? I just said exactly what happened. If Buchecha dropped in, it wouldn't be unreasonable to hold him to a different standard. None of you are Buchecha. Let's stop using him for comparison.

liuk3 - 

I went and trained at Keon's when my school was closed. I borrowed tented their gi and wore  white belt. No big deal. Dunno why people give a shit. It's just a piece of cloth. Everyone was super cool to me. I trained 1hour in the advanced class and 1 hour in the open mat. They were all really cool guys and welcomed me back anytime I wanted. I thought that they were really friendly. 

"it's just a piece of cloth"

That's a double edged statement. If it's just a piece of cloth then perhaps Kron shouldn't care either.

It's a silly policy that I am glad has not caught on.

I don't get it, what's the big deal? I wouldn't have a problem wearing anything he asked me to. Take off my black belt? Sure, I don't care. His house, his rules. My instructor wouldn't care either. I don't see it as a demotion, just following the rules as a drop in.

As a hobbyist, I'm sure he's got purple belts that are younger and competitive that could wax me. I'll tap, big deal. All I care about is getting good training and a good atmosphere, not defending my ego or lineage.

When I travel no gi, I intentionally take a inconspicuous rash guard. I'm not travelling around trying to flaunt my belt. Just want to have a good time, train, and blend in as much as possible. Having a stripe through my belt doesn't really allow me to blend in if I went to Kron's, but the idea of leaving my ego at the door is the same.

Whatevs. 

Shen you're still awesome. 

CUO xguard pass good!

When Kron trains judo at Tenri, does he wear his judo rank or his black belt (or is he a judo black belt too)?

shark tank - 

When Kron trains judo at Tenri, does he wear his judo rank or his black belt (or is he a judo black belt too)?

He's a judo black belt. I think his name is even on the wooden plaque display at the dojo which shows everybody's rank...not 100% sure tho since haven't visited for a while.

lol

Awesome....thanks for the response Seong.

shen -

We have a lot of BB visitors and I always make them wear a very thin Pink Belt with bright, yellow fringe if they get on the mat.

It's simply because we may teach some slightly different details than they are used to seeing, so I think it's important that they wear a different belt.

It's in no way a sign of disrespect.  

But if they refuse to wear it, well, the door is right there.

I know that this is a late response but this post is gold.

I wanna train at Shen's school and wear this belt.