seriously who is paying 44.95 for UFC 85?

This card is extremely dissappointing and I will definetly not pay for it! And this will be the first one in quite a while that I don't pay for. I'm just a little tired of cards being diluted with TUF talent and "less well known" fighters. No disrespect to TUFer's as they are the future but I don't want to see a whole card full. I said it once and got flamed, but I feel like the UFC is putting on shows just to put on shows, if that makes sense. I would rather have a quality card with some big name veterans once every two months than a diluted card every 3-4 weeks (unless they are Spike TV televised). I'm cool with having a legit UFC every other month and a Spike TV card on the opposite months. Just my opinion.

Altofsky -

LMAO @ people who sit alone at home watching a PPV.

Lol, that's true. But I usually have about 10 people over and we pay $5-$6 each. This time we all agreed it wasn't even worth that much. Besides the main event there aren't any fights I really care all that much about and let's face it...Hughes/Alves isn't exactly main event caliber.

We see much better fight cards for free now.

Why the fuck would anyone pay fifty bucks for this shit?

I actually think this is an excellent card IF we get to see some of the prelims that I am excited for. I am especially looking forward to seeing Luiz Cane take out Lambert. Also want to see Hardonk and Sanchez and Rivera and Kampmann. The main card has great fights with Vera vs. Werdum, Marquardt vs. Leites, and especially Swick and Davis. I also think that Hughes and Alves could be a great one too. I will be watching it, but do have to admit that the group I usually get for UFC's chipping in will not be up to par this time. A lot of people agree with most of you guys and don't think this time is worth chipping in for. Will I invite them anyway to see it for free? Fuck 'em. The couple people I do have over will not bitch when I am flipping back and forth between the UFC and both the Pavlik and Deleon fight card and the Forrest and Williams card on Showtime. This is the best night of many fights that I've seen in a long time!

"

Why the fuck would anyone pay fifty bucks for this shit?"

Why the fuck wouldn't you make some goddamn friends and not have to pay ANYWHERE NEAR fifty bucks to watch?

"But I usually have about 10 people over and we pay $5-$6 each."

Same. Sometimes we do it at a friend's, sometimes at mine. When the PPVs were 30, I used to make a nice little profit and use it as community beer money.

I must be missing something but this card doesn't look nearly as bad as some of you are making it out to be.  All the fights looks solid...just lacking a "big name" main event but seriously....all those fights interest me.  

I'll be watching with a group of friends like always.   You guys saying you wouldn't pay $45 don't have any friends?   You seriously sit at home alone and watch MMA PPV's?

"You seriously sit at home alone and watch MMA PPV's?"

They do. I had my laptop on during the PPVs a number of times to check prelim results, and this place was packed.

Altofsky - 

"You seriously sit at home alone and watch MMA PPV's?"

They do. I had my laptop on during the PPVs a number of times to check prelim results, and this place was packed.

Craziness.....who doesn't have friends who like fighting?

this will turn out to be an awesome card.it always happens.the cards that look poor,always turn out to be good.

I will :-( I am an MMA addict, and its an excuse to order Papa john's pizza for Dinner. Sort of turned into a ritual over the last decade or so, and my wife is into it !!

I hate you Zuffa.. :-I

I'll buy it, but it should have been on Spike.

"LMAO @ people who sit alone at home watching a PPV."

Ha, I laugh right back at you. I don't even think twice about buying PPV's. When it if fight time, I press the pay button and wahla, I have fights in my living room.....wife and two daugthers sleeping snuggly upstairs while I watch three hours of PPV....Keep laughing. I love it.

"

wife and two daugthers sleeping snuggly upstairs while I watch three hours of PPV"

That's a different story altogether.

You can't well have a bunch of drunks at your place watching fights and getting all loud with a family sleeping on the next floor.

I'll be sharing the cost of this one. It's a below average card.

If this had Chuck & Shogun I would have bought it. First one I skipped out on since 49,but Pride was on then.

I'm buying it. I record just about all mma that comes on tv

Me.

Windfall - are you incapable of going to bar and not spending $90?

Its really not that hard to go to a bar, and have say... 2-3 $3 beers.

damn, wish $3 beers still existed in this part of california

Theres no bars around here showing it I guess cause its 3pm. No Hooters at all are listed as showing it. Im not buying it and this is on the second UFC event I havent bought in 3 years. I'll just have to see them later online or something.

There's been far worst cards in recent memory imo...Franklin vs. Okami anyone?   Bisping vs. Rashad anyone?