Shoyoroll

thebasher - 
thebasher - guys why didn't you post pictures of the first batch of 7th sons that you said arrived weeks back ? People on the facebook site have been getting frustrated at the lack of communication.

Did these first batch of GI's arrive - were they also held up in customs ?

would still really appreciate a response to this

one more try for an answer on shoyogate

Second part of the shipment just cleared customs tonight! They will unpacked and shipped in the next few days. Thanks guys for the wait and feedback.

@the basher.

The first half the the shipment landed a few weeks back and we have had them sitting at the studio. We wanted to wait til we got the full shipment to start shipping to make sure everybody got their gi's around the same time. We had a few pictures but did not want to leak photos.

If we were short on the communication, we apologize. Hopefully we can continue to improve to make our product better each time and offer better service to everybody who supports the movement. Good or Bad guys we love all the feedback.

Any issues shoot us an email at info@shoyoroll.com . Our brand new site should be up soon.

I got my black Shoyoroll gi awhile back. I really like the design, fit, and price.

It wasn't "overly" expensive like the Lucky Gi's and at the time I bought it, people werent going crazy for it, as there was no waiting list, etc.

Having said that, I also love my OTM ripstop gi, my HCK single weave, my Oauno ultralight too.

I'll never understand people going crazy over a particular gi, but all the best to Shoyoroll- kudos to their success.

Now when are they going to come out with some cool looking hoodies for the holidays? It's getting cold out here.

Shoyoroll did a genius job marketing. 

HoldYerGround -  Who owns that new Ouano gi and how is it? Im on the fence between this and the Fujita Komodo

Own the black/green comp model and also 2 atama ultra lites, I think the atamas are slightly better.

I did compare a friend's SYR and my Ouano and between the two Ouanos are the same and I like the feel better.

Amazing how double weaves were in style. They do, in my opinion, offer a great competitive advantage. It extremely hard to get a grip on one of those fuckers. Stiff doubles are still more or less the standard competition gi in Judo, and for good reason.

TheRealMKL, thanks for the info. Its appreciated.

HoldYerGround - Amazing how double weaves were in style. They do, in my opinion, offer a great competitive advantage. It extremely hard to get a grip on one of those fuckers. Stiff doubles are still more or less the standard competition gi in Judo, and for good reason.

I agree 100%... I remember years ago ATAMA came out with the "Summer Weave" gis. Basically the tops were made of the same material type as the pants, and it had a regular collar on it. I had gotten two of the gis from ATAMA and tried them out. After the first time rolling in them I gave them both away. They were nice gis and excellently made, but it felt like I had a rope around my neck and it was easier for my opponent to grab the collar and keep a grip on it and control my head. The thicker gis have more support and stifness behind the collar and make it harder to make a tight grip on it.

HoldYerGround -  Who owns that new Ouano gi and how is it? Im on the fence between this and the Fujita Komodo

I own the new Ouano & a few Shoyorolls.

The Ouano looks almost identical & the cut/fit is exactly the same. The ripstop pants are basically the same except SYR has that single weave reinforcement in the crotch & on knees. The main difference is the Ouano jacket is actually a good deal heavier than SYR. The collar is thicker & the material is thicker overall. The drawstring on the Ouano is a pain in the ass though, it comes untied during almost every sparring match.

The Ouano is a very nice gi, but I prefer the lightness of my SYRs. If you prefer your gis heavy, Ouano is your best bet.

I look forward to the next must have gi trend - the triple weave

So thick you can't actually move...but so stiff you're opponent can't actually finish any joint lock.

FingerorMoon - 
I look forward to the next must have gi trend - the triple weave

So thick you can't actually move...but so stiff you're opponent can't actually finish any joint lock.

Nah, surely the next trend is the Helium Weave - a gi that actually makes you lighter with it on, thereby guaranteeing that you make weight.

James

You're both wrong. Hemp is the next gi trend. Light, soft and virtually indestructible.

Here's to hoping the hot green gi chick solves her manufacturing problems and that Howard(HCK) decides to offer a hemp version of his standard single, complete with setsugi stiching and those killer collars! lol

I also wish either of the above would make hemp pants from the same material/weave as jackets.

the 7th son's are finally being shipped, hope i get mine before Christmas.

on a side note, anyone who owns the black star; did your drawstrings start to come apart? mine's pretty much impossible to tie now :(

bit aggravating there's someone on ebay who is selling the 7th son they've already received from a 'secret source'

@Bjjkilla . Email us at info@shoyoroll.com and we will get you some new strings bud.

Did I say Fujita? I meant Fushida.

Curious about the "new" Ouano and how it differs from their gis from a few years back.

I'm gonna start a thread listing all the gis I own and what I thought of them I think.

McLeod - Curious about the "new" Ouano and how it differs from their gis from a few years back.

I have both Ouanos. The top of the new Ouanos actually seems lightly heavier, but is cut different. My old Ouano's sleeves shrunk so they're too short for IBJJF. The new ones sleeves are perfect.

The new Ouano pants are ripstop & very lightweight, the old pants were the thickest denim-like pants I ever owned, I can't even wear them. I wear Atama pants with my old Ouano top.

Resident A Hole - 
McLeod - Curious about the "new" Ouano and how it differs from their gis from a few years back.
I wear Atama pants with my old Ouano top.

Atama makes the best pants out there. That's what I wear with my Shoyoroll top. Shoyoroll pants were great but shrunk to the point I can't do a butterfly stretch in them.

get an Ouano, there always in stock and they make Shoyorolls gi anyways.. just without all the hype.