Strategy To Beat Tyson In MMA

As my Kenpo teacher used to say, "The better the act, the more effective the attack." Joe Dimmick

Gary Hughes

KWJ-K-Dhira....I don't think Iron Mike would be as easy to take down as some do, but I think a good grappler would get him down. It would be best, to soften him up a little, and get him thinking about kicks and strikes. Of course, you would need to have some pretty good defense. If you didn't think you could block his punches, you would have no business in the ring with him. I would prefer to try an elbow strikedown, rather than a takedown.

52 hand blocks? Is that like Dance of Death, Leap of Death or Parting Wings? LOL.

Yeah, pulling guard would be scary and not part of my plan.

Gary Hughes

Randleman would just punch him and Tyson would be KTFO!
Recent events have shown that grapplers are clearly better strikers than strikers are.

Say What?

I'd use the crazy monkey to keep him from knocking my head into the cheap seats, go for the double leg take down at the very first opportunity, and transition into an ankle lock to submit him out of range of his punching power.

For anyone who doesn't know what the crazy monkey is check out www.straightblastgym.com

Is the crazy monkey, related to the drunken monkey style of Kung Fu as made popular by Paulie Zink?

According to legend, Monkeys used to eat these berries, that would intoxicate them much like alcohol. The Monkeys would fight/play with each other and stagger around. A style of fighting was invented, where you pretended to be off balance, like a drunk, and then strike.

Gary Hughes

Crazy monkey is a highly effective way of defending against strikes. It is not attribute based as is most traditional boxing defense. That means you don't have to be a gifted boxer to use it. Basically you protect your head with your elbows by keeping a constant "combing your hair back" movement going on. There's more to it than that but that is a simplistic way of explaining it. For a good example watch the fight between Lidell and Rampage. Rampage used textbook crazy monkey in that fight.

no its not drunken monkey style,its a form of boxing that emphasises mainly on defence with an extremely high guard

ak 47

kung fu guys,any 185 pound high school wrestlers,51 year old men will all beat tyson.hmmmmm

ErikM...I'm not familiar with the crazy monkey. From your description, I think I understand what you mean. This would probably work good against a headhunter, but would seem like it would leave you open for body shots.

Gary Hughes

Crazy Monkey is easy to defeat if you use the Exploding Banana punch.

LOL @ Exploding Banana punch, sounds dangerous.

Gary Hughes

I saw the crazy monkey video on another thread, it looked intersting. I would like to see it against a resisting opponent though. Nice body shots, but it looked like he was fighting inexperienced students. Does anybody have more video?

Gary Hughes

3 X T for the Rogue Moderator!!

" saw the crazy monkey video on another thread, it looked intersting."

I look at current Kung Fu like this. Some systems seem more practical than others and if they include live training done right might be good fighters. Most however is broken in two areas, one is form. This is done as art, as a benifit to health, visual beauty and the other is like San Shou. If grapling is included it would be a bad ass school. Some focus more on one than the other but i would find worth trying if it included all three.

Send a beauty queen to his room the prior night...wait for authorities...collect paycheck after forfeit...

BushHog is correct.

Freqman is correct and also very clever. LOL.

Gary Hughes

CM is not kung fu

BushHog's statement is correct regarding Kung Fu.

From what I understand, Rodney King studied Boxing, Kickboxing and BJJ.

Gary Hughes