Streetfighting tips thread

lol, Someone bumps your shoulder at the mall, and you're gonna whip out your nine and cap his ass?

be aware of you environment.  is your  back to a busy street?  is he up against a curb, so if you throw one punch, he would trip?

how many dudes is he with. if he outnumbers you, then run.  you will not win that fight.

dont ever talk shit.  every second that you are running your mouth is a second that they can cheapshot you, and you are just letting them get their adrenaline flowing while you are flapping your gums

dont get in punching distance of an angered assailant. if you let them within that distance, then you have fucked up big time.  once they have stepped in that range, then swing for the fences.

no pushing. if you are putting your hands on someone, do it to knock them out cold.  once you push them, you have created the distance for them to throw the haymacker.

before the fight, create an angle away from the big right hand.  this means start circling to your right when getting ready to hit.

hit to kill.  every punch you throw should be with maximum strength. this is not a twelve round boxing event. 

once contact is made: bite, gouge eyes, grab nuts, pull hair, rip off ears.  remember, once you are in a fight, you are in it til its over. that ending is best if you are the one finishing it. take every advantage you have.

always be the guy to get off the first punch.  its better to fight in court, than be fighting for your life in the hospital.  plus, most fights are decided by that first blow.

never back up.  you dont knock people out while running backwards, and all you do is create the space for them to land better blows while they are  coming forward.

if it goes to the ground, do all that you can to take the top. that may mean that you need to fishook or take a chunk of the guys calf out with your bite.

after you think its over, run like hell and get the fuck away. who knows if they have a gun or a group of friends around the corner.

etc.....

Ever seen a flying rolling omoplata fail to work on the street? Me neither, so go for it, grasshopper!

In a street fight body shots do nothing, the fight is usually under 30 seconds

ALWAYS strike first, 99% of people know a fight is gunna insue, dont worry about he assualted me crap, lay that first blow and keep at it.

If your not the instigator (ie self defense, they started jawing) skip the headkicks and crap, throw some shots, when the guy drops back away, dont turn, back away.

if he approaches warn him then lay some more.

my posts are routinely vanishing. wierd,

haha my dad just saw this thread and said:

Best defense= not be there.

tma guys and their insight.

break his hand with your chin.

Definately get the first punch in, that usually decides street fights.

Spam the hadokens, but with varying speeds so they can't easily just hop over them.

One thing I'm noticing here about your responses is that everyone has a specific framing range. Some like to strike, some like to clinch, others like to go for the takedown and pound.

I notice that although I like grappling, I really feel much safer employing kicks and punches. I wonder if this is a mindset I should be breaking through. My friend seems to be the same way, he didn't think about taking him down, he just wanted to pop him hard and see how he'd react.

Just say your sorry and give the kids their toys back.

It all depends on the situation. They are best avoided, but when you cant avoid, dont get sucker punched and make sure you at least match the intensity of your opponent. many times people lose a fight simply because they dont want to fight as much as the other guy.

From my experience, the old adage that "90% (or whatever percentage it is this week) of street fights end up on the ground" is totally true.

Judging from this, and again from my own experience, it is always better to go for a takedown ASAP in a one-on-one situation. The overwhelming majority of people out there are helpless on the ground, especially on their backs. So if you train in grappling, it's the easiest way to get a mismatched situation in the street.

NOTE: DO NOT try this when you're outnumbered. I learned this the hard way.

"lol, Someone bumps your shoulder at the mall, and you're gonna whip out your nine and cap his ass?"

No but I wouldn't fight them either. Do you fight over things like that?

1. Avoid them if possible.

"No but I wouldn't fight them either. Do you fight over things like that?"

lol, depends!

Tie up both arms with overhooks, then trip your opponent onto his back without breaking your hold of is arms, then headbutt him repeatedly on the soft tissue of his nose. This is very painful and damaging and can get quite bloody.

ttt

talks from another world.... where I come from those are nearly extinc.

Hands up, chin down, swing for the fences.