Superstar Judo

I have just uncovered damning evidence which shows that the Superstar Judo website is in fact owned by one 'A. Lapointe'!

shen - 

I have just uncovered damning evidence which shows that the Superstar Judo website is in fact owned by one 'A. Lapointe'!

Lol. I wish. Then I'd get that all expense paid trip to Mongolia.

Superstar judo athletes is the product of the all the international sport of judo competitions. When you constantly have the best fighting the best it breeds (retired) superstars at the top.  Even those below Olympic level are top notch.  Just look at Takahashi from Tenri judo in LA.  He won Gold in his weight(100k) age group (40-44) at the 2017 World Veterans Judo Championships.  He has won gold (2009-2016) at US Senior Judo Championships in the Open weight. Won Silver this year. 

Here is one of many classic championships that is available on Superstar Judo. The best moves of this tournament go to the guy at the 40 second mark.  

I have that video on VHS and many more.  Those team competitions were awesome to watch.  Jimmy Pedro fought for one of the teams.  Old school videos on Judovision.

An added bonus is access to the best 101 Ippons each year for at least the last decade. 101 Ippons is usually around 60 minutes long. This is trailor for one of them. The setup at the 37 second mark. OMG.  

You also get to see all of the ippons that will make up this years 101 Ippons DVD. Here you have an incredible osoto-gari counter from the February 2017 Grand Prix in Germany.

Aaron, that setup at the 37 sec mark is a common one for seionage. If you remember when you did the kata for BB you did the same setup but the throw was uchimata. I have every 101 judo best ippons going all the way back.

A good Faebook website to get great turnovers is Sasaki Judo.  

Gneto and Dorjsuren are top players.  Gneto looked worn down and the Mongolians are great at counters with their back strength/wrrestling background.

judoblackbelt - 

I have that video on VHS and many more.  Those team competitions were awesome to watch.  Jimmy Pedro fought for one of the teams.  Old school videos on Judovision.

I watched it this past weekend. Pedro was awesome. He competed for a German Team in this event. They were talking about him as being one of the best in the world. During his first match he won by an amaing uchimata in which his own head was planted on the ground when he executed the throw. In the second match Olympic and World Champion Udo Quellmalz gave up his spot to avoid having to face Pedro and Pedro through his replacement with a beautiful kata garuma 30 seconds into the match.

Quellmalz beat Pedro in the Atlanta Olympics and won gold 73k.  His DVD is awesome to watch.  Excellent throwing and ground skills.  This would give Pedro's chance to get even.  I have many DVD's and instrucitonals I no longer watch, maybe you and I can exchange email someday.  You would be a worthy person to give some of my collection to.

Tomoe Nage is one throw that can help every BJJer.

There are many setups for yoko tomenage and from the standard sleeve/lapel grip that you would use in BJJ.   One setup I was taught was By the Korean Cho when he was teaching at our school for 9 months was kick the leg out kouchi gari style.

https://youtu.be/vrwQ2uCDTZQ

Huizinga's twitch is a great setup as well.  

Thanks Marsman for posting the video.  This setup is very popular and easier to do than most setups.

Sub

DId not know the Huizinga setup, thanks.

Tons of great stuff from one of Korea's greatest judokas.  

In

In