Supplements - Joe Rogan Kale Shake - Onnit???

Actually drinking something similar right now by coincidence. Except no ginger and an apple in place of pear. Phone Post

Bobby Lupo - 
pidgey - 
Bobby Lupo - 
Neil McCauley - fuck that kale shake shit. Pan fry the kale in grapeseed oil until it shrinks and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. TREMENDOUS.

Little olive oil, salt, pep and bake that shit. Mangia bene, bro

what about the Ribollita? You need Dinosaur Kale aka Cavolo Toscano, it's even healthier than the curly kale.

I don't mess with that curly stuff. Puro Lacinto kale. I'll eat that shit raw, cut the stems off, crush it up in your hands with some mashed avocado, little lemon, olive oil, feta...minchia, this kale salad

Sautee lacinato kale (remove stems) in olive oil with some chicken broth, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Delicious! Thanks to the guy at whole foods lol.

I'm listenening to the latest JRE with Dave Asprey and he says if you don't steam or boil the kale for about 5 minutes before eating it, you can build up oxalic acid crystals which can lead to kidney stones. I have heard about Kale related kidney stones and maybe that's the science behind it. Some food for thought. Phone Post 3.0

Anyone make these drinks with just a regular blender? If so, is the outcome the same with the drink? I know it won't be as good as a Vitamix, but it's all I got.

<blockquote>bemsqua - Anyone make these drinks with just a regular blender? If so, is the outcome the same with the drink? I know it won't be as good as a Vitamix, but it's all I got.</blockquote>

It will probably be fine. I think the Blendtec and Vitamix blenders are great for throwing anything in them, but some people think it's overkill. A regular blender should be fine as long as you're not going crazy and filling it to the top. It might have trouble with leafy greens, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

I had trouble with leafy greens in a regular blender - i hear the bullet thing does the job for $100.

I went with the vitamix and couldn't be happier. Been doing green smoothies/shakes for a few months now and really do feel the difference. Trimmed a few pounds, energy, easy poopin' etc.

Heard Rogan talking about it a few times on JRE and gave it a try.

Thanks Joe wherever you are. Phone Post 3.0

In the vitamix

4oz spinach or kale
1 green apple
1/2 banana
10oz almond milk
1/2 cucumber
1 scoop Vega Vanilla protein powder

Ninja blender ($100) does a decent job, but the kale doesn't liquify, and I end up chewing my shake, which defeats the purpose.

El Ninja mentions the $100 Bullet (NutriBullet), which is like the cheaper Magic Bullet, but with blades at top and bottom, perhaps more power.

Is there a knock off or cheaper brand Vitamix/Blendtec equivalent for 1/2 - 2/3 as much???

I've had the Magic Bullet and now the Ninja, cannot afford the Mercedes nor the BMW of blenders, but surely there's a Nissan Maxima out there for me, no?

savage animal - 

Ninja blender ($100) does a decent job, but the kale doesn't liquify, and I end up chewing my shake, which defeats the purpose.

El Ninja mentions the $100 Bullet (NutriBullet), which is like the cheaper Magic Bullet, but with blades at top and bottom, perhaps more power.

Is there a knock off or cheaper brand Vitamix/Blendtec equivalent for 1/2 - 2/3 as much???

I've had the Magic Bullet and now the Ninja, cannot afford the Mercedes nor the BMW of blenders, but surely there's a Nissan Maxima out there for me, no?

Lol, for the Maxima of the blenders, you could go with the Nutribullet. I think it's $100. Probably the best bang for your buck at that price. Don't have it but I think it has decent reviews.

For those interested in the Blendtec (a little cheaper than the Vitamix but from what I've read, performs the same), we got ours from BB&B. I think it was $399, but BB&B always has 20% off coupons (you can find them online). We ended up getting it for $320 plus tax. Expensive, but it comes with a 7 or 8 year warranty and it blends the shit out of anything! Also read Costco has them on display from time to time for $299.

I'm 28 and have never eaten a green vegetable in my life...I think I might try out this shake shit to see if I can incorporate some veggies into my diet,It can't c it being anything other than beneficial to someone like me who actually eats no green vegetables and drinking it may be easier than chewing that nasty grass like shit lol Phone Post 3.0

bemsqua - Anyone make these drinks with just a regular blender? If so, is the outcome the same with the drink? I know it won't be as good as a Vitamix, but it's all I got.
My blender is an old junker so I just use the celery stick to push everything down. Works like a charm. Phone Post 3.0

kyle223 - 
savage animal - 

Lol, for the Maxima of the blenders, you could go with the Nutribullet. I think it's $100. Probably the best bang for your buck at that price. Don't have it but I think it has decent reviews.

For those interested in the Blendtec (a little cheaper than the Vitamix but from what I've read, performs the same), we got ours from BB&B. I think it was $399, but BB&B always has 20% off coupons (you can find them online). We ended up getting it for $320 plus tax. Expensive, but it comes with a 7 or 8 year warranty and it blends the shit out of anything! Also read Costco has them on display from time to time for $299.

Bullet is the Kia, I have the Hyundai, new improved Kia is still a Kia from reviews I've read (Nutribullet leaks, is small, less powerful than Ninja, and I can't imagine it liquifies kale better)

I looked at the $200 Healthmaster, but reviews turned me off, have to save up from Vitamix/Blendtec or deal with bits of kale to chew from the Ninja.

savage animal - 
kyle223 - 
savage animal - 

Bullet is the Kia, I have the Hyundai, new improved Kia is still a Kia from reviews I've read (Nutribullet leaks, is small, less powerful than Ninja, and I can't imagine it liquifies kale better)

I looked at the $200 Healthmaster, but reviews turned me off, have to save up from Vitamix/Blendtec or deal with bits of kale to chew from the Ninja.

I have a Ninja and I fill it almost all the way up with kale spinach and tons of others and have no problem with it blending it up...Perhaps you're not letting it blend long enough???

bemsqua - Anyone make these drinks with just a regular blender? If so, is the outcome the same with the drink? I know it won't be as good as a Vitamix, but it's all I got.
I use a ninja and it works fine. Phone Post 3.0

El Ninja - I had trouble with leafy greens in a regular blender - i hear the bullet thing does the job for $100.

I went with the vitamix and couldn't be happier. Been doing green smoothies/shakes for a few months now and really do feel the difference. Trimmed a few pounds, energy, easy poopin' etc.

Heard Rogan talking about it a few times on JRE and gave it a try.

Thanks Joe wherever you are. Phone Post 3.0
Magic bullet yea and its 50$ Phone Post 3.0

In fo' info. Phone Post 3.0

In fo' info. Phone Post 3.0

Bat21 -

Fave Juice: 1 bunch Kale, 2 parsnips, 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1/2 bunch parsley, 4 green apples, juice of 1/2 of one lemon.

Fave breakfast Smoothie: 6 ice cubes, 1 frozen banana, 1 handful spinach, 1 scoop organic chocolate protein (rice) powder, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup organic Peanut Butter, 500ml Chocolate Almond Milk (unsweetened), 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

I throw all that into my Vitamix and blend until the preferred consistency. It tastes like a Chocolate-PB-Macaroon milkshake, and is very good for you

Quoting for later, both sound amazing Phone Post 3.0

BrewBarry - 
Bat21 -

Fave Juice: 1 bunch Kale, 2 parsnips, 2 handfuls spinach, 1/2 bunch cilantro, 1/2 bunch parsley, 4 green apples, juice of 1/2 of one lemon.

Fave breakfast Smoothie: 6 ice cubes, 1 frozen banana, 1 handful spinach, 1 scoop organic chocolate protein (rice) powder, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup organic Peanut Butter, 500ml Chocolate Almond Milk (unsweetened), 1/4 cup shredded coconut.

I throw all that into my Vitamix and blend until the preferred consistency. It tastes like a Chocolate-PB-Macaroon milkshake, and is very good for you

Quoting for later, both sound amazing Phone Post 3.0

I have read a few times of people using frozen bananas in their smoothies/shakes. Out of curiosity, is there any reason outside of cooling the smoothie? I use bananas all the time, but never frozen, but I will definitely freeze them going forward, as I find I need to add more ice cubes due to the bananas warming the smoothie too much. Is there anything else to the banana being frozen?

Also, is there any difference between a smoothie and a shake? I make smoothies (or so I have been referencing them), and these shakes you all speak of seem no different than a smoothie to me. Same thing?

What is all this about kale?

Is Kale something special when compared to spinach or other green vegetables?

Please explain to me what is so special about Kale?