tapout mouthguards

the combat is significantly thinner in most places when compared to the combat. Due to the extreem thickness of your guard you can just place the outside of the guard in boiling water and place it in your mouth and gently bite your lower teeth into it to get the same result as a combat.

The combat design was developed for the silverbacks IFL team due to a very stubborn Pat Miletich insisting his fighters get doubles. He politley explained that I new nothing about mouthguards because I don't get hit in the face for a living, to which I replied that him getting hit in the face certainly did not make him an expert in mouthguards. The combat was a design to give his fighter the feel of a double without the restricted breathing of a double the only fighter I did not make a guard for in the IFL was Ben Rothwell he insisted on a double.

you know, that I found that I wanted a imprint of my bottom teeth on the bottom of the mouthguard. After biting down hard and after several uses they are imprinted, but at first it was a little uncomfortable and it felt that my lower jaw could slide as it wasn't secured to the guard.

I have the combat and it leaves your front lower teeth exposed unless you boil the bottom so your rear seat in. Then your lower front teeth touch the guard and can disperse force better. But this removes the breathing channel so it's a trade-off and a real double is better. Some may argue that it's rare to be hit on the lower teeth even with a knee and that may be true. I only found it to be a problem in training when I was working off my back.

ttt for the tapout mouth guard

the purpose of the combat is the same as a double and that is not to protect the lower teeth but rather to lock the lower jaw in place to prevent its movement. With the combat you should be able to sink your lower back teeth in about 3-4mm without closing off  your breathing space. 

Time for the facts to come out on this.

First, Gladiator has only been put in the mouths of a few (4-5) PRO athletes sponsored by Tapout. As everyone on this forum knows, not all pro’s want a boil and bite. Some are used to wearing a custom MG. Second, at no point did anyone attempt to convey to the market that a boil and bite MG was being used by every pro athlete. Tapout was evaluating a custom partner to make its mouthguards for the pros that requested one. Gladiator was one of a few custom MG companies evaluated to be a partner to provide those MGs. Tapout ultimately selected another custom partner in the market.

The vast majority of people who buy a MG do not or can not afford a custom. The concept behind sponsoring fighters is to advertise to the general market and drive awareness.

Sales of these MG’s have exploded because it’s a great product developed BY FIGHTERS, an unparralled $30,000 dental warranty, TWO MG’s for the price of one and its cool design and Tapout brand.

MORE pro athletes actually wear the boil bite ! In fact, if any of you watched the UFC last week, Joe Brammer made his UFC pro debut in a Tapout boil and bite MG because its such a great product!!

The whole notion that Tapout is trying to pass off Gladiator MG’s as their own boil bite is simply uninformed and mis-leading.

As always "get the facts first"...

circo - Time for the facts to come out on this.

First, Gladiator has only been put in the mouths of a few (4-5) PRO athletes sponsored by Tapout. As everyone on this forum knows, not all pro’s want a boil and bite. Some are used to wearing a custom MG. Second, at no point did anyone attempt to convey to the market that a boil and bite MG was being used by every pro athlete. Tapout was evaluating a custom partner to make its mouthguards for the pros that requested one. Gladiator was one of a few custom MG companies evaluated to be a partner to provide those MGs. Tapout ultimately selected another custom partner in the market.

The vast majority of people who buy a MG do not or can not afford a custom. The concept behind sponsoring fighters is to advertise to the general market and drive awareness.

Sales of these MG’s have exploded because it’s a great product developed BY FIGHTERS, an unparralled $30,000 dental warranty, TWO MG’s for the price of one and its cool design and Tapout brand.

MORE pro athletes actually wear the boil bite ! In fact, if any of you watched the UFC last week, Joe Brammer made his UFC pro debut in a Tapout boil and bite MG because its such a great product!!

The whole notion that Tapout is trying to pass off Gladiator MG’s as their own boil bite is simply uninformed and mis-leading.

As always "get the facts first"...

This. God you guys are fucking idiots.

Seems like I touched a nerve here

I feel so discredited

now I'm under attack by the lurker squadron.

Posted: 13 minutes ago

Posted: 3 minutes ago

Gladiator hooked up one of my pros when i asked them to.  I certainly appreciate it and support them.

I have used the Gladiator one before it would kill my gums and i would always have to file it down a bunch of times. If I had to choose one it would deff have to be the Tapout one. It comes with 2 and the boil and bite works great. I have taken some hard shots with this in Training and in the fight I am currently 8-1. This mouth piece is legit I dont see what everyone is complainn about here.

Wait a second Ice. I don't have a dog in this fight, and from what I've seen from you, you have impeccable character, but based on what circo posted, the best you have to offer is 'you are under attack by the lurker squadron'? Is what they say true or not?

I'm inclined to believe you, but the least you could do is refute their claims with your factual information.

Obvious troll is obvious

Two of my fighters that i manage are sponsored by Tapout Mouth Guards and have given testimonials BASED on the boil and bite, One of those said fighters even helped with the r & d of the mouth guard, the other was given one of the Gladiator guards and didnt like it so he was switched to the Boil and Bite and his Testamonial was based on that, Not saying anything negative about Gladiator's mouth guard.....BUT i agree with the above statement about having the facts first!!!!

Tapout Mouth Guards supports my fighters so i support them!!!!

http://www.tapoutmouthguard.com/blog/?tag=drew-dober-to-make-pro-debut-with-tapout-mouthguard

Not sure of this whole situation...

I do know that Gladiator is good people and their guards are bomb.

RelentlessMMA -  Two of my fighters that i manage are sponsored by Tapout Mouth Guards and have given testimonials BASED on the boil and bite, One of those said fighters even helped with the r & d of the mouth guard, the other was given one of the Gladiator guards and didnt like it so he was switched to the Boil and Bite and his Testamonial was based on that, Not saying anything negative about Gladiator's mouth guard.....BUT i agree with the above statement about having the facts first!!!!

http://www.tapoutmouthguard.com/blog/?tag=drew-dober-to-make-pro-debut-with-tapout-mouthguard
Not saying I don't believe you...but I find it hard to believe that somebody would choose a boil and bite over a custom.  Unless it just didn't fit quite right there is no rational reason a person would want a guard that falls out and is diificult to breathe in over a sweet custom.

Each of the poster supporting tapout have admitted that they used Gladiator mouthguards, some with as little as 2 posts

now they can only attack the quality of my guards, the facts are what the facts are, they had me make customs to look exactly like their boil and bites

now Ryan is saying his fighter did'nt like my guard so the comments he made are about the boil and bite not the gladiator.  But he puts out the fact that tapout used quotes from a fighter who they had a gladiator made for. there is no way I can know this as I'm sure pressure is being brought to bear by Tapout to make this go away.

The same kind of pressure that they thought I would cave into when I was threatened with legal action by an agent of their company if I did not remove this thread

Yelm - 
RelentlessMMA -  Two of my fighters that i manage are sponsored by Tapout Mouth Guards and have given testimonials BASED on the boil and bite, One of those said fighters even helped with the r & d of the mouth guard, the other was given one of the Gladiator guards and didnt like it so he was switched to the Boil and Bite and his Testamonial was based on that, Not saying anything negative about Gladiator's mouth guard.....BUT i agree with the above statement about having the facts first!!!!

Not saying I don't believe you...but I find it hard to believe that somebody would choose a boil and bite over a custom.  Unless it just didn't fit quite right there is no rational reason a person would want a guard that falls out and is diificult to breathe in over a sweet custom.

Its just preference, he just felt the custom was too bulky in his mouth......some people like that others dont.

Forrest Griffens mouth piece was the biggest thing ive ever seen, I use a double......its different strokes for different folks. I do know they worked long and hard to make a good product so maybe finally someone came up with a decent boil and bite, Doesnt mean other people should hate and defiently dont knock it till you try it!!!!

icedog11 -  Each of the poster supporting tapout have admitted that they used Gladiator mouthguards, some with as little as 2 posts

now they can only attack the quality of my guards, the facts are what the facts are, they had me make customs to look exactly like their boil and bites

now Ryan is saying his fighter did'nt like my guard so the comments he made are about the boil and bite not the gladiator.  But he puts out the fact that tapout used quotes from a fighter who they had a gladiator made for. there is no way I can know this as I'm sure pressure is being brought to bear by Tapout to make this go away.

The same kind of pressure that they thought I would cave into when I was threatened with legal action by an agent of their company if I did not remove this thread

I'm not attacking the quality of your guard, ONE guy i know didnt like it... that doesnt mean that i said your mouth piece sucks it was just one persons opinion.......all i said was that HIS TESTIMONIAL was based on the boil and bite not on your mouth piece,  And as far as my support for them goes, its because they support my fighters.....not because some big wig called me and PRESSURED me into doing it. All i am doing is just providing the FACTS about what went on when i delt with Tapout Mouth guards!!

Its only fair to have everyones opinion when someone is attacking your business practices!!!!

hilarious that out of nowhere, like 10 guys (most of them lurkers) come in here defend Tapout's product, AFTER Tapout's lawyer told Ice to close this thread

Hoelzer Reich tactics becoming more popular, eh?

As stated before my experience was just a bad one, but from what i have seen ice do on this site gives him a good reputation. One mouthpiece going bad out of thousands is a good ratio for me! Custom mouthguards are the best way to go and even though my experience with gladiator did not go very well i still recommened my students at the gym i teach at.