MMA Underground Forums

tapout mouthguards

icedog11 - 
humphrey sphinctermuscle - well, from the outside looking in.

1. There is NO WAY i would believe someone would prefer a boil and bite to a custom. that doesn't make sense at all.

2. the way this whole thing looks to me, and I could obviously be wrong, is icedog is pissed because tapout chose someone else, and he's bitter.

Tapout mouthguards told me they would be using someone else shortly after this thread started and I refused to take it down. They are a very small part of my business so no I'm not bitter. I told them I was uncomfortable about them using qoutes from fighters that I knew I had made guards for quite a while ago.

I also want to qualify some earlier statements, the company that make the mouthguards is not Tapout  but a company licensed to use the tapout name on mouthguards, they are however acting as a agent of tapout and I know Tapout corporate offices were aware of this practice. I told them.

Lanway the dispute here is that I felt that I had contracted for thirty impressions your dad felt like I had contracted for one day of his time, this is why we no longer do verbal aggrements.

I can believe that. No question you make a good product. I've never used gladiator, but I must admit, I'd consider a boil and bite.

even though you don't make boil and bite. lol

I'm outraged.

Where's the outrage??

Fact check since ice continues to distort them...

1. AT NO POINT did any fighter who wore a Glad MG give a quote about ANY product including Glads. Again, I challenge anyone to find any place where this occurred. So once again, you are making up the story as you go. It’s obvious so you should stop it or prove your point with facts and actual data.

2. EVERYONE is aware of the fact that pro athletes wear a MG to their liking. Some wear a Tapout boil, some wear an Unbreakable, some a Glad, etc. It’s about advertising to the people who may buy this product. Why do you think anyone pays fighters to wear their products?

3. It’s already established by the very first post in this thread that Glad is upset and bitter about Tapout MG ads. If he wants to look at his own ads then he should pony up the money and advertise.

4. The custom MG business was lost by Glad well before this post went up. Furthermore, Glad approached Tapout to be a MG provider some time ago and was rejected.

Once again, if you don’t like seeing the advertising then don’t log-in or buy your own. But to rant about your competition here is certainly not furthering your cause.

stevekt - I saw Frank Mir kick a puppy.

Fixed.

Magnetic - John,

Huge marketing opportunity here.

Magnetic,

I just sent a message to you via your website.

circo - Fact check since ice continues to distort them...

1. AT NO POINT did any fighter who wore a Glad MG give a quote about ANY product including Glads. Again, I challenge anyone to find any place where this occurred. So once again, you are making up the story as you go. It’s obvious so you should stop it or prove your point with facts and actual data.

2. EVERYONE is aware of the fact that pro athletes wear a MG to their liking. Some wear a Tapout boil, some wear an Unbreakable, some a Glad, etc. It’s about advertising to the people who may buy this product. Why do you think anyone pays fighters to wear their products?

3. It’s already established by the very first post in this thread that Glad is upset and bitter about Tapout MG ads. If he wants to look at his own ads then he should pony up the money and advertise.

4. The custom MG business was lost by Glad well before this post went up. Furthermore, Glad approached Tapout to be a MG provider some time ago and was rejected.

Once again, if you don’t like seeing the advertising then don’t log-in or buy your own. But to rant about your competition here is certainly not furthering your cause.

obvious corporate troll

Photobucket
circo - Fact check since ice continues to distort them...

I've been using a custom mouthguard for years I get mine from unbreakable in victorville Peter and Hector have been great to me over the years and also have worked with all my guys. I recommend a custom to all fighters properly fitted it can make or break your carreer. Mexicutioner has on and if he didn't chew on it he'd get more life out of it. In my opinion the most important part of the process is the mold fitting don't do it yourself go in and get it done by a professional, just my 2 cents...

Manny

RelentlessMMA -  Two of my fighters that i manage are sponsored by Tapout Mouth Guards and have given testimonials BASED on the boil and bite, One of those said fighters even helped with the r & d of the mouth guard, the other was given one of the Gladiator guards and didnt like it so he was switched to the Boil and Bite and his Testamonial was based on that, Not saying anything negative about Gladiator's mouth guard.....BUT i agree with the above statement about having the facts first!!!!

Tapout Mouth Guards supports my fighters so i support them!!!!

http://www.tapoutmouthguard.com/blog/?tag=drew-dober-to-make-pro-debut-with-tapout-mouthguard
# 1 lets start here, the question is not if the fighter had a Gladiator or if he was quoted  the question is do we believe that he chose the boil and bite over the  Gladiator it seems many here doubt this premise

OH SNAP

ON to point#2

why then insist that the guards be exact copies of your boil and bites if you were not  trying to pass off the custom as your guard

now For #3 I expressed my dismay to you when I saw qoutes on the internet from fighters I knew we had made guards for the ad's just added to my frustration.

4 then why would you tell me on the phone shortly before you started your posting here that You will no longer be using gladiator due to this thread.  would you care to tell us who Gladiator was replaced by.

oh and the more you post the longer this stays on the first page so please continue and bring more of your troll acounts and sponsored minions as they seem to be helping your cause greatly.

I'm sure TapouT corporate offices are real pleased with you, as a NDA would have been in order and would of avoided all this unpleasantry with me.

I see my 2010 marketing campaign now, who does TapouT turn to when they want a really great mouthguard GLADIATOR.

Ice,

I need a mouth piece asap, whats the discount for keeping the thread on top :D

thanks

ttt

for the discount code...

humphrey sphinctermuscle -

2. the way this whole thing looks to me, and I could obviously be wrong, is icedog is pissed because tapout chose someone else, and he's bitter.

But, they didn't "decide to use someone else"
until he outed them about the trickery.

So....

Gladiator is the shit!!!

oh and LOL @ "Cuncussion Defence" and "Science Design"

Posted: 4 hours ago

Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up

Event.observe("vote-28389314-down", "click", castVote);
                Event.observe("vote-28389314-up", "click", castVote);

Fact check since ice continues to distort them...

SO HOW IS THIS WORKING OUT FOR YOU

TTT

ice - you say that you were upset when you saw that fighters you made a guard for

were making quotes. Circo is asking you where and when and you cannot seem to

produce any facts. This question keeps being asked but you can't produce an answer.

So Its already been established some of their fighters they sponsored wanted a

gladiator but they wanted people to see it on tv. So what's the big deal ?

Ya know what cracks me up... you think anyone who saw a mouthguard on tv knew

it was a gladiator ? What are they trying to pass off ? It doesn't make any

sense especially if no one anywhere endorsed a tapout using a gladiator.

They only used 4 of your mouthguards and from what they say many others.

Go to their site...I just did and there are pro athletes, fighters,

football players, hockey players you think they all wear boil and bites ?

You are complaining about the obvious. I don't see the guys from unbreakable

or others on here crying about it.

Why would they need an NDA from you ? Are you that shady of a business person ?

Besides, from what I read why would they need one ? Circo already made it clear he

made the decision to honor what the fighters wanted to wear and didn't try to hide

it at all. You don't have to be a genius to know that what pro athletes wear aren't

the same as what's in a store.

2010 strategy ? Looks like tapout didn't turn to you for their mouthguards. Lol.

That's why you are acting so unprofessionally. It must be true they didn't pick you

and that's why you started this thread. Otherwise you would be working WITH them to

promote that some of their sponsored fighters wear your guards. Even if they didn't

pick you, sure is short sighted of you to make something out of nothing.

You sure know how to act like a good business partner and it looks like tapout made

the right decision.

See that bridge over there ? Let's blow it sky high !!

Edited cause for some reason the post f'd up